Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Alone in the Dark PC Confirmed

Atari Confirms New 'Alone in the Dark' for PC is the press release officially confirming plans for a PC edition of Alone in the Dark that were first revealed in a recent financial report (story). Screenshots from the PC edition of the horror/survival game can be found on ToTheGame, and here's word:

Developed by Eden Games, Alone in the Dark returns with a heart-stopping survival experience coupled with use of state-of-the-art real-time physics and advanced environmental interaction to deliver an exhilarating action-orientated experience within a highly detailed, open environment.

In 1992, the first Alone in the Dark title for PC ushered in a new dawn of gaming, revolutionizing the use of fear as a tool to manipulate and engage the emotions of the player, and bringing sheer terror to gamers around the world. Fourteen years later, the franchise returns to the PC and to the newest generation of video game hardware, Xbox 360, taking full advantage of the incredible technological advances of both platforms and designed to satisfy the sophisticated demands of a gaming audience wiser, bolder and more accustomed to fear than ever before.

"Alone in the Dark is returning to the format that launched survival gaming -- the PC -- and after nearly a decade and a half of ever-accelerating technological progress, we anticipate that the title will again take the lead on next-generation consoles with the Xbox 360 and PC," said Steve Tucker, Director of Marketing, Atari, Inc. "This is one for gamers to keep an eye on in the coming months as Atari and Eden begin to reveal details that will demonstrate how we will fulfill these promises."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. No subject Apr 13, 2006, 05:10 Ledge

the original had amazing atmosphere. probably in my top 10 games ever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2006, 21:40 Talisorn

The first game was fantastic. I loved the Cthulhu references towards the end ... having to dodge the cthonian in the tunnels. That put the final icing on the cake.

Everything after that ... *snore*

Didn't someone try to make a movie of it?

UUUUUUUUWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE BOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

That's right ...... NO! NO! STOP PUNISHING ME!

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 21:44.

14. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2006, 19:01 Shadowcat

how it all started with jack carnby
Edward. It was always Edward. Who the heck is Jack Carnby?

"Survival Gaming"? What the hell is that?
Its how long you play "alone in the dark" without getting up for the bathroom, food or sleep.
http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/df200205/df20020521.jpg

13. Re: Cool! Apr 12, 2006, 18:05 Halsy

The original rocked! Let's hope they do this one justice.

"That's how I roll."
- Angry Biker

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

12. No subject Apr 12, 2006, 16:24 aesir05

the last alone in the dark was such a pathetic game
I was hyped up about that game, when it finally released clunky controls were the least of the problems.

i'm not gonna wait for this
and no gamer should
wait for the demo, if its good enough we can all get it

only thing I liked about the game, the music
pleaseeeeeeeee have a better story this time round
why don't these people do a prequel, how it all started with jack carnby pleassseeeeeeee dont fuck this up for the 42nd time

11. Re: Apr 12, 2006, 16:17 Kxmode

"Survival Gaming"? What the hell is that?

Its how long you play "alone in the dark" without getting up for the bathroom, food or sleep.

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kXmode-Fallen_refresh.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

10. No subject Apr 12, 2006, 16:12 Kxmode

Will the universe implode if I play this game "alone in the dark"?

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kXmode-Fallen_refresh.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

9. "Survival Gaming"? Apr 12, 2006, 15:56 Syntarsus

What the hell is that?

8. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2006, 15:09 waxthirteen

of course everyone should be worried about the series returning... either that or don't go into it expecting a game that's a throwback to the original. people, especially old school pc gamers, get so worked up when a series' name is tarnished. i can understand that, but i'm just saying by now you should all know better.

who knows, it might be a fun game, but don't go expecting anything akin to the first game. those days are long gone, my friends.

7. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2006, 12:03 The Truth

What the hell? It doesent look anything like the movie, how dumb is that!

------
$1 tax for the national debt?

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

6. No subject Apr 12, 2006, 11:54 Masa

I honestly hate to say this, but I'm kind of leery of this series being resurrected. It was great for back in its day, but it peaked in the early evolution of survival horror games, back before the term was typically applied, I think.

5. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2006, 11:11 Animals for Crackers

Ew, indeed.

4. No subject Apr 12, 2006, 11:09 RazorWynd

UUUUUUUUUWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE BOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

The Former Leader and Victor of the rebel movement against the dark Lord Surewood and his fiendish cohorts(bunko)

Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

3. No subject Apr 12, 2006, 10:39 War

Along with Test Drive, another saga that jumped the shark around the third episode. Would have preferred to see this put to rest - if only for the first two episodes' sake.

And speaking of AitD, when is CAPCOM building a shrine to Frederick Raynal? If they're still around, they owe it almost entirely to his ideas.

2. No subject Apr 12, 2006, 10:33 Hyenafire

I just want the ORIGINAL Edward Carnby to return. Crusty old English gent with a big ol' shotgun. I have no idea where the young Native American studmuffin came in AitD4. That was just a slap in the face.

I'm hoping it's returned to its roots.

1. Cool! Apr 12, 2006, 10:17 Capella

I really enjoyed playing this back in the day. Looking forward to checking this new version out.

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo