Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Abyss Lights Demo

The Abyss Lights Studio Website is online as a Flash home for the space shooter mentioned yesterday, offering info, screenshots, as well as a playable demo for Abyss Lights. There are no details offered on the demo beyond a set of modest system requirements. Thanks Frans.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Ghost of E3 past Apr 9, 2006, 21:53 Stanly Manly

The first thing I noticed, was that I couldnt find any way to remap my keyboard/mouse to play this. The next thing I noticed was the game crashed into a sound loop that completely locked up my PC. Not a favorable first impression.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Ghost of E3 past Apr 9, 2006, 19:31 Shadowcat

Why the hell is it wanting to act as a server?
That may depend on which addresses it wishes to serve. I certainly know of games that are both single- and multi-player, and which utilise the same net code to run their single-player games (i.e. server and single client are on the same machine) as they do to run the multi-player games. That would probably trigger the firewall. But if the game runs regardless, that's probably not what's going on here.

5. Re: Ghost of E3 past Apr 9, 2006, 17:35 Fantaz

Seesh, this crashes to desktop every 5 minutes. Even Derek Smart's game is better than this!

4. Played A Few Minutes Apr 9, 2006, 17:35 kanniballl

I played for a few minutes. It looked alright, but I couldn't find my Joystick so my experience was limited.

Anyway, what I fopund odd was the text rendering was a little wonkey. I could read the text, but there were some garbage lines drawn near the characters.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurmama

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Ghost of E3 past Apr 9, 2006, 17:29 Marvin T. Martian

I get a engine render error every time I try to run it.
It doesn't work for me.

2. Re: Ghost of E3 past Apr 9, 2006, 15:29 Overon

How I extracted the demo and there is a setup exe which I run. And then my firewall pops up asking me if I want to give this demo permission to act as a server? Why the hell is it wanting to act as a server? It's a single player game? Of course I say no I do not want it to act as a server and then the mouse and joystic controls to actually start the game are all messed up.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 15:41.

1. Ghost of E3 past Apr 9, 2006, 14:06 Geek Lord

The reason why the requirements seem so low is because this demo dates from June 2004. Looks and plays nice though. Felt good to play a space sim again.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo