Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Heavy Duty Delay

The Heavy Duty Website has word from Akella that this upcoming third-person action shooter is delayed, as the release date has been changed to Q4 2006 after previously listing the already expired date of Q4 2005. On a semi-related note, Akella has also updated the release date on the Dead Mountaineer's Hotel Website to Q3 2006 from the more general 2006. Thanks Frans.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: No subject Apr 2, 2006, 14:17 John

The developer's Heavy Duty website has better pictures too, but not many of them. I guess the publisher just doesn't care enough to check them.

Is this the E3 video you are thinking about? I can't remember if I saw it or not. I'll have to check it tonight when I'm back on my PC.
http://downloads.gamezone.com/demos/d12747.htm

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 14:19.

This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: No subject Apr 2, 2006, 10:10 Hump

Heres a Q&A on the game over at IGN:

http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/635/635335p1.html

it has some better screenshots. theres also an E3 2005 movie around but its difficult to find.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

9. No subject Apr 2, 2006, 09:39 Pete

The ones on the official website look terrible compared to the link provided by john  
Doin' it Big

8. Re: No subject Apr 2, 2006, 00:28 John

Ohhh... I see now. I didn't check the screens at first because I had seen them before elsewhere. They must have compressed them for some reason. I don't see why they'd do that since it makes the game look bad.

Check out the shots on 3D Gamers and you'll see how its supposed to look. I think some other sites may even have larger screens.
http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/heavyduty/

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N One of these day's I'm going to start a new character...

7. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2006, 23:50 Hump

Whats up with the screenshots?

If you have script blocking in place theres no link to click on.

If your talking about the quality of visuals I don't know what to think myself. Either those pics are way over-compressed or the engine itself is strange looking.

I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

6. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2006, 22:38 Elf Shot The Food

I remember reading about a game where you could build mechs out of scrap metal a couple of years ago, and then the news about it dried up. This sounds like it could be it, but the previews make it sound like something else, unless it's the same game and they dropped that feature.

5. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2006, 22:35 John

Hmm, not that I know of. At least I don't remember reading about that in the previews I've seen. I'm hoping it turns out to be good. I like what I've heard so far, but of course that doesn't mean it will end up being fun.

One interesting feature is the game engine is supposed to support zooming way out to see the whole 'planet'. Supreme Commander is also going to have something like that.

Whats up with the screenshots?

What do you mean? I think the screens are pretty good. I like the mech designs.

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N One of these day's I'm going to start a new character...

4. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2006, 19:36 Elf Shot The Food

Is this the game where you can build the mechs with junk you scavenged from junkyards and wrecked machines?

3. No subject Apr 1, 2006, 18:51 Shadowcat

I recall reading about this game a while back. They are doing some VERY cool things as far as the technology goes (especially concerning the animation -- I've been waiting a great many years for someone to do that, and even if this is 'only' with robots it's a start). Time will tell whether they can include a good game with the good technology, but that's enough to keep me intrigued in the meantime.

2. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2006, 17:22 asrof

I thought I heard this name before then I remembered that was Heavy Gear not Duty. Whats up with the screenshots?

1. No subject Apr 1, 2006, 15:06 Yosemite Sam

it offers you the possibility to freely explore a whole planet

with total area of 154 sq. km.

So 154 sq km = a planet, gota love the spinsters. 154 sq km of game play area is very impressive, but a planet it is not.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo