Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Imagine an MMORPG

It's easy if you try: CDV Software Entertainment (thanks Frans) announces a collaboration to bring Enlight's MMORPG Imagine to North America and Europe as early as Q1 2007. The partnership will also develop another MMOG specifically for the western market for release in 2008. There isn't much about either game, though, as the announcement sticks to business, focusing on trend spotting and return on investment:

As part of its two-stage market entry strategy, CDV will initially adapt Enlight’s role playing game Imagine, which is to be published in China in July this year, to Western markets, license it and from the first quarter of 2007 market and distribute it exclusively in Europe and the USA.

Parallel to this, in a second step, CDV and Enlight will develop a further high-end (Triple A) MMOG, in which the experience from the first project will be used. Publication for this product specially planned for the Western market is scheduled for 2008. It will be exclusively marketed and distributed in Europe and the USA under the CDV label.

The cooperation with Enlight allows CDV AG to access an existing, high-performance mechanism for MMOGs and the extensive experience of Enlight in operating MMOGs. As a result, the cost structure can be well calculated and the risk-return ratio is excellent.

Christoph Syring, Chairman of the CDV AG Management Board, “We have been observing the market for online games for some time and are pleased that the time for the long-awaited breakthrough has come. With the cooperation with our experienced partner of many years, Enlight Software Ltd., we are in the position of systematically implementing our two-stage market entry strategy quickly with a manageable investment level. At the same time we are participating in the MMOG mega trend. We are confident that this strategic expansion of our business model with the MMOG genre will positively impact our growth as early as the 2007 fiscal year.“

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: sweet Mar 30, 2006, 16:53 sauron

Nothing to bot or gank for
And no NM campers too...

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: sweet Mar 30, 2006, 09:18 nin

You may say that I'm a farmer....but I'm not the only one.

I was gonna say "scammer"...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11. . Mar 30, 2006, 08:50 seenitall

mega trend?

like the mega trend of pulling out your own fingernails with needle nose pliers that's been sweeping the nation?

if mmorpmoomprgs, or whatever the fk they're called, are a trend; it's one that the industry created, and is keeping on life support so they can get their $8.99 per month, not a demand they are catering to.

10. That would be an unusual MMOG, at least Mar 30, 2006, 08:44 VultureMAN

Well you would have to play it as the fantasy it is. Since it does not work in RL. Although I would love to see the game's Guildmasters get hired at the UN for their "in game" qualifications ala WoW

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 08:45.

9. No subject Mar 30, 2006, 06:32 Shadowcat

Living life in peace...
Nothing to kill or die for...
No possessions...
That would be an unusual MMOG, at least

8. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 04:22 FourPak

At the same time we are participating in the MMOG mega trend. We are confident that this strategic expansion of our business model with the MMOG genre will positively impact our growth as early as the 2007 fiscal year.“
god i hate corporations.

7. Re: sweet Mar 30, 2006, 03:20 Swerv

Well with people silly enough to buy into Code(we gave up making our own mmo because it was too much like hard work)masters plan of bringing over mmo's like Archon (or whatever it's called) and RF Online more companies are bound to follow suit.

Do a bit of localisation and it's easy money, even if the game lasts less than a year.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 03:23.

6. Re: sweet Mar 30, 2006, 01:25 Animals for Crackers

You may say that I'm a farmer....but I'm not the only one.

5. sweet Mar 30, 2006, 01:14 dubfanatic

http://www.enlight-china.com/english/index.htm

As I expected, another Asian fantasy MMORPG with anime-styled characters. These publishers are saturating a market that doesn't even exist.

4. No subject Mar 30, 2006, 00:45 Hump

This is exactly why all these MMOg's are so mediocre.

God forbid, Let's not get excited about what we can do for the gameplay. Let's J/O to spread-sheets instead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

3. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2006, 23:51 Elf Shot The Food

Which AZN sweatshop churned this one out?

+4 cynicism

2. No subject Mar 29, 2006, 23:50 JaZeeL

imagine all the people
wasting their life away...

1. No subject Mar 29, 2006, 23:47 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

imagine no crappy mmogs
I wonder if you can

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.