Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Tomb Raider: Legend

Eidos Interactive announces that Tomb Raider: Legend is gold for PC, Xbox360, Xbox, PS2 and the latest adventures of Lara Croft should bust into North American stores by April 11:

It seems as if Lara Croft has acquired the Midas touch, because her latest game Tomb Raider: Legend has officially Gone Gold and is ready for production! Tomb Raider: Legend marks Lara Croft’s return to what she does best, as she is set to travel the world raiding the most deadly tombs the series has seen yet. Equipped with new acrobatic moves and beautiful fluid movement, Lara Croft allows you to explore the vastly detailed and interactive environments with such grace that makes the experience like poetry in motion. Action, adventure and beauty... what more can you ask for from a game? The time is growing near when you can finally join Lara Croft on her latest adventure as Tomb Raider: Legend is set to ship in North America on April 11th 2006, for the Xbox360, PS2, Xbox and PC!

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 06:55 Jarek Forhanon

Well, Soul Reaver 1 and 2 were great, Blood Omen 2 was okay and Defiance wasn't very good. At the very least, the LoK series is solid.

My greatest concern is that the new TR will have a tough time matching up to the platforming greatness of the PoP games. Tough act to follow.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 06:58.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 06:40 Shadowcat

it is being developed by Crystal Dynamics, whose experience on the Legacy of Kain series bodes well for the game.
Not making any predictions here (TR:L may well be fantastic), but isn't the LoK series also quite wildly variable in quality?

16. No subject Mar 30, 2006, 06:16 pgoeleven

Perhaps, but I wanna see it before I believe it. If it's the same crap, I hope it will.

15. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 06:10 Jarek Forhanon

I hope this game will crash and burn.

Um, wow, somewhat premature, don't you think? You may not like the character or how it is marketed, but to automatically condemn a game based on such superficial reasons as that? Based on what I've read and seen, this TR looks to have potential and if it turns out to be a good game, I certainly don't want it to crash and burn.

P.S. For the oblivious out there, this TR isn't being developed by Core, who developed all the previous games. Instead, it is being developed by Crystal Dynamics, whose experience on the Legacy of Kain series bodes well for the game.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 06:12.

14. No subject Mar 30, 2006, 06:05 pgoeleven

Lara Crof is the suck.

The first two games were OK, the first one was even something of a revolution. But really, I hate how Lara's become a stereotype of the 'average gamer'. As if we're all gonna spray our shorts when we get the next Tomb Raider game. I think it says more about the creators (designers, marketing goons & suits) than of gamers. Also, the movies with Angelina "my lips look like my asshole" Jolie don't help either.

I hope this game will crash and burn. If you do buy it, please do so when you've tried it out and decided you like it.

(This is why I love Blue's News, the people here are generally not taken in by this PR/hype BS. Respect.)

13. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 04:51 Zoomboy27

Isn't this too much like her Zombification.
Laura Croft: A Rebel Without A Pulse

12. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 00:33 Masa

I think it's clear that if this game does not sell well they will put Laura Croft in the ground where she belongs and never take her out again.

Didn't stop them from doing just that in the past.

11. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2006, 23:31 Overon

Laura Croft was dead and buried. Now they exume her maggot ridden diseased rotten corpse out of the ground.

I think it's clear that if this game does not sell well they will put Laura Croft in the ground where she belongs and never take her out again.

10. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2006, 22:33 Prez

I've got my fingers crossed that this is the one. Just like I do for every new TR release. Oh how I wish this series would return to its roots and what made it great so long ago.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

9. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2006, 22:31 Fantaz

I don't think it's going to be any better than average. We'll see though.

8. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2006, 22:28 MMORPGHoD

I wish I could have written their press release:

Lara Croft has the midas touch and we love to milk her. Who cares if this game is good or not. You're still going to buy it. Thanks for the yacht, suckers!

7. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2006, 22:13 waxthirteen

they said all the same bullshit about the last one too... "oh, it's finally going to be a good game again, we promise blah blah blah"... sadly, i'm going to try this one too and be disappointed once again. i don[t even know why i have any hope at all. aht could possibly make this game good?

6. No subject Mar 29, 2006, 21:17 beigemore

People still play Tomb Raider games?

5. No subject Mar 29, 2006, 21:11 spindoctor

am i crazy for hoping this game will be good after all the disasters in the past?

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

4. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2006, 20:19 Bhruic

This one actually looks good and I never liked any of them. I'm sure I will be proved wrong.

You're correct, you will be. We all know you liked all of them.

3. No subject Mar 29, 2006, 19:47 ExcessDan

This one actually looks good and I never liked any of them. I'm sure I will be proved wrong.

Mayor Dan
------------
http://www.last.fm/user/danorama/
Challenge me @ Tetris DS, Animal Crossing WW, Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart DS.

ExcessDan

2. No subject Mar 29, 2006, 19:27 blood_rose

It seems as if Lara Croft has acquired the Midas touch, because her latest game Tomb Raider: Legend has officially Gone Gold and is ready for production!

Remember folks, the people that write these press releases are professionals with college degrees.

---
http://www.cynicsdaily.com - Another stupid blog complaining about everything.

1. What more, you say? Mar 29, 2006, 19:06 Cutedge

Action, adventure and beauty... what more can you ask for from a game?

Gameplay, decent control schemes, and something that isn't just a rehash of a game that was good when it came out 8 years ago.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo