Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - ÜberSoldier

Achtung! CDV announces that ÜberSoldier is shipping, and the first-person shooter that gets in touch with your inner umlaut is arriving in North American stores:

March 27, 2006 — CDV Software Entertainment is pleased to announce that ÜberSoldier, the supernatural WWII FPS for PC, has shipped to North American retailers today. ÜberSoldier puts players in the boots of a former Nazi soldier, brought back from the dead and looking to stop the Nazi menace while delivering some payback to the evil scientists who resurrected him. Please visit http://www.ubersoldier.net for more information.

In ÜberSoldier, you take on the role of Karl Stolz, an officer killed leading a Wehrmacht patrol against partisan forces. The process that has brought life back to your lifeless body has unlocked powers from within your once-dead mind – but they do not take away the memories of what your Nazi masters have done to you. In the game, you'll use up to 16 different authentic World War II weapons to complement your new powers, fighting both human opponents and supernatural warriors over twelve levels of play, in your quest to eliminate once and for all the Nazi menace.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: dumb ass Mar 28, 2006, 10:36 Nordramor

Germany has some of the most vocal anti-nazi policies in the world now. In Germany it is illegal to display the nazi flag anywhere

And that's a horrible form of historical censorship. You can't even make a WWII game with the swastika on it because Germany throws a fit. You don't learn from history by trying to banish a horrible time period from everyone's mind. The US doesn't ban references to Japanese internment camps from US video games.

I would hazard to say that there is more Nazis/White Supremacists/KKK in the states then in Germany right now.

But we haven't had a recent trend of games about US citizens killing white supremicists (Soldier of Fortune maybe?). Comment was directed more about recent trend of games featuring German soldiers rising up against their Nazi masters.

Calm down a little on the 'omg people don't understand the new Germany' rhetoric. Nobody seriously thinks you're still Nazi's and/or blames the current generation for WW2.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 11:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Jeraxle Mar 27, 2006, 23:45 Innocent

yah i realized i remembered to make an assholish comment but not actually explain why i posted the antistarforce link, so i edited it in. most posts stated the game had starforce, none posted the great starforce containing games link.
sorry bout that, havin one of *those* days. please disregard my assholishness.

-Inno
and THAT edit is because i hit enter before i typed any text at all!

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 23:47.

19. dumb ass Mar 27, 2006, 23:22 Fausticle

I guess even Germans like killing Nazi's now?

Nordramor you’re one dumb son of a bitch. World War II has been over for over 60 years.

Germany has some of the most vocal anti-nazi policies in the world now. In Germany it is illegal to display the nazi flag anywhere (all there video games are cleansed of all nazi flags before being allowed to be sold in Germany).

I would hazard to say that there is more Nazis/White Supremacists/KKK in the states then in Germany right now.

I’m not saying Germany doesn’t still have a neo-nazi movement, there are idiots in every country, but there not protected like they are in the states under free speech laws.

Nordramor it would hurt you to maybe learn something about the rest of the world sometime.

18. Re: Weaksauce Mar 27, 2006, 22:12 FourPak

What's weirder is that the developer of this is Russian and the publisher is German
ah, but Winston, surely you remember:
Since about that time, war had been literally continuous, though strictly speaking it had not always been the same war. ... At this moment, for example, in 1984 (if it was 1984), Oceania was at war with Eurasia and in alliance with Eastasia. ... Actually, as Winston well knew, it was only four years since Oceania had been at war with Eastasia and in alliance with Eurasia. But that was merely a piece of furtive knowledge which he happened to possess because his memory was not satisfactorily under control. Officially the change of partners had never happened. Oceania was at war with Eurasia: therefore Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia. The enemy of the moment always represented absolute evil, and it followed that any past or future agreement with him was impossible.

17. Re: To Jeraxle Mar 27, 2006, 21:46 Jeraxle

scroll to this post for a personalized message Jeraxle:

Blow Me.

It wasn't answered conclusively, which is why i posted the link.

-Inno

This message was edited at Mar 27, 20:11.

LOL.. I make a joke using the same terminology that you did, and *I* was being an asshole? =) Wow.. I guess I missed sociopathic behaviour day in college.

EDIT: And BTW, I find it quite entertaining that you actually had to go back and edit that pathetic attempt at an insult. Next time, stop, take a breath, count to ten, come up with what you want to say, and then go ask someone better versed in English conversation how to properly A ) Conduct a civil conversation and B ) Insult someone.

Have a nice day!

You laugh because I am different. I laugh because you're all the same.
This comment was edited on Mar 27, 21:52.

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

16. Re: To Jeraxle Mar 27, 2006, 21:36 John

Jeraxle seemed to be pretty conclusive in his earlier post.

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N One of these day's I'm going to start a new character...

This space is available for rent

15. To Jeraxle Mar 27, 2006, 20:09 Innocent

scroll to this post for a personalized message Jeraxle:

Blow Me.

It wasn't answered conclusively, which is why i posted the link.

-Inno

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 20:11.

14. Re: Warning: Contains Starforce Mar 27, 2006, 19:51 Jeraxle

http://www.glop.org/starforce/list.php
scroll down to the U's. (duh)

-Inno

Scroll up in this forum to figure out that the question had already been answered. (duh) =)

13. Re: Warning: Contains Starforce Mar 27, 2006, 19:07 Grounded

Isn't this a SCI FI CHANNEL made for TV Movie?

12. Warning: Contains Starforce Mar 27, 2006, 18:32 Innocent

http://www.glop.org/starforce/list.php
scroll down to the U's. (duh)

-Inno

11. No subject Mar 27, 2006, 18:20 Hump

There was some nice aspects of the demo but the movement and damage felt off. Also the AI was a dumb as dirt.

nice weapon models though.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

10. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2006, 17:37 Elf Shot The Food

Most of the reviews so far have been decent, not counting that one.

9. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2006, 17:31 Jeraxle

Top Game Moment: Uninstalling the game, and then deleting the screenshots I needed to take for this review. I can honestly say there was no top in-game moment here.

LOL!!

8. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2006, 17:15 Marvin T. Martian

Not only Starforce, but yesterdays Blue's News link

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/eastfront-ubersoldier/review.html

One POS game.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 17:15.

7. No subject Mar 27, 2006, 16:16 Chris Robbers

Just what the world needs...another supernatural WWII FPS.

I do enjoy a tasty umlaut in the morning though.

6. Re: Weaksauce Mar 27, 2006, 14:50 John

I couldn't even play the demo because it would get too laggy soon after the beginning. I crawled into the duct and shot the guy in the next room, then a few other guys came into the room and the fps when down to like 5. Maybe just had something setup wrong..

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N One of these day's I'm going to start a new character...

This space is available for rent

5. Re: Weaksauce Mar 27, 2006, 14:33 BicycleRepairMan

What's weirder is that the developer of this is Russian and the publisher is German.

Well, its good to know the war is over

4. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2006, 14:25 Jeraxle

Doesn't this game have Starforce on it? I seem to remember the demo having it. Someone tell me I'm wrong.

You are not wrong. It indeed uses StarForce. So along with that, the fact it sucks is another reason I won't be buying it.

3. No subject Mar 27, 2006, 13:54 blood_rose

Doesn't this game have Starforce on it? I seem to remember the demo having it. Someone tell me I'm wrong.

---
http://www.cynicsdaily.com - Another stupid blog complaining about everything.

2. Re: Weaksauce Mar 27, 2006, 12:53 Elf Shot The Food

You could be a German and not be a Nazi.

What's weirder is that the developer of this is Russian and the publisher is German.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo