Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Desperate Housewives Announced

Buena Vista Games Announces 'Desperate Housewives' PC Game Based on ABC-Touchstone Television's Top-Rated, Golden Globe Award-Winning Series is the press release announcing a television tie-in lifestyle sim that, like its inspiration, will examine the tawdry side of suburbia. The first screenshots can be found on 3D Gamers, and here's word:

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 24, 2006--Buena Vista Games, Inc. (BVG), the interactive entertainment arm of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS - News), today announced it will publish Desperate Housewives, a lifestyle simulation PC game based on the top-rated, Golden Globe-winning ABC-TV series, produced by Touchstone Television. In the Desperate Housewives game, players take on the role of a new housewife who moves into Wisteria Lane and unlocks the delicious scandals hidden in the seemingly "perfect" neighborhood.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2006, 15:58 Buck Birdseed

So am I the only one here thinking that you could get quite a decent Bladerunner (the game) style adventure out of this concept? Randomly select/generate 'scandals' and mess around with who is involved, so that each time you play you have to figure it all out anew. Some smart design to get the A.I. working appropriately, and you've got the basis of a completely decent game on your hands (if not one that is likely to appeal to most of us here).

Will they do something like that? I doubt it. The show is hardly devoid of game potential, though.

Mmm. The press release doesn't seem to suggest a life sim but an adventure game of some sort... Which would work pretty well in the DH world. One wonders how many people on this board have actually seen the show...

Buck Birdseed
http://www.counterglow.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: oh.. come ON! Mar 25, 2006, 15:50 Masa

Yep, you have to be a fool to want to breed the way things are going. It ain't gonna be getting any better.

Wow, dude, lay off the melodrama.

33. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2006, 04:56  cliffski 

"Don't worry dude, nobody is going to confuse this with your game. And it will sell at least 100 times more. Even if it bombs. Disagree?"

Well I hope they dont, and I hope I sell more too. How much do these tv-tie in budget games sell anyway? 20,000? If thats the case, then I need to sell 200 not to lose face.... hmmmm hopefully my games gonna be better than that...

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 04:57.

http://www.positech.co.uk

32. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2006, 04:34 tom

Sorry for that,I just have a try,any recommendation?

31. No subject Mar 25, 2006, 03:33 Shadowcat

players take on the role of a new housewife who moves into Wisteria Lane and unlocks the delicious scandals hidden in the seemingly "perfect" neighborhood.
So am I the only one here thinking that you could get quite a decent Bladerunner (the game) style adventure out of this concept? Randomly select/generate 'scandals' and mess around with who is involved, so that each time you play you have to figure it all out anew. Some smart design to get the A.I. working appropriately, and you've got the basis of a completely decent game on your hands (if not one that is likely to appeal to most of us here).

Will they do something like that? I doubt it. The show is hardly devoid of game potential, though.

30. Re: oh.. come ON! Mar 25, 2006, 01:13 Halsy

Desperate Housewives: The Game---

... Ok, thats just it. there is just no point in letting the world go on like this. we can all just quit trying, ok? dont make any more babies, theyll just become either corporate assholes or mindless sheep who buys this shit.. Just give up. the end is nigh.

Yep, you have to be a fool to want to breed the way things are going. It ain't gonna be getting any better.

"You gotta keep on keepin' on, brother!"
- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

29. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2006, 00:17 John

I think people who like the Sims along with people who like the show will probably give this a try.

OMG, Riley didn't just think the same thing that I did earlier in this topic. That can't be good.

Tom, are you retarded?

He's a drive-by spamming bottom-feeder, of course he's retarded.

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N One of these day's I'm going to start a new character...

This space is available for rent

28. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 23:14 Riley Pizt

I thought games were meant to distract us from the realities of life. I can already mow the lawn, but I have a hard time finding dragons to slay.
I said the same thing when the Sims was released, and look how it caught on. Just because you and I are not the market for this game doesn't mean there isn't a real audience for it. I would never buy this game nor would I ever watch the TV show, but as a business proposition, this is a great idea for a game given the popularity of the show and the Sims.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 23:20.

27. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 23:12 Riley Pizt

Sadly, this doesnt sound like some game designers have wanted for years to make a fun game around the concept, but more like someone bought a cheap TV licence and decided to throw together a budget game built around it.
Apparently you don't realize that BVG is owned by Disney as is ABC. The game may end up being crap, but it won't be because of a lack of money behind it.

26. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 23:10 Riley Pizt

Who is going to play this???
I think people who like the Sims along with people who like the show will probably give this a try. BVG may even bring in a significant number of customers who normally don't play computer games with it.

Just because you are not the target audience does not mean there isn't one.

25. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 22:49 Elf Shot The Food

Might be worth it to see the inevitable Eva Longoria nude skin.

24. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 22:45 MMORPGHoD

you do realize that this game is about a tv-show..?!

A show about..... shrubbery!??!

Nah, a show about, desparate house wives (I.E. a "house wife simulator")? Then again, maybe we can have an "As the World Turns" game followed by "Dawson's Creek" or maybe "Pansie Assed Flower Pickin Posers I Want to Back Hand".

23. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 22:42 complicity

Tom, are you retarded?
He's a drive-by spamming bottom-feeder, of course he's retarded.

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

22. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 21:41 xXBatmanXx

I think its good
http://www.pointsmoney.com/signin.php?RID=666552

Tom, are you retarded?

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

21. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 21:17 tom

I think its good
http://www.pointsmoney.com/signin.php?RID=666552

20. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 20:17 Dwarf_Snowninja

WHY? As many have already stated, the purpose of games is to indulge ones fantasies (teehee). We play a warrior decked out in armor wielding a battleaxe, a cyborg with enough firepower to annihilate the solarsystem twice over, etc etc... WHY IN THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE WANT TO PLAY THIS?

I can SORT of see the fun in the Sims (I like tormenting mine), but this? I really don't get it; maybe I missed the boat, but... ugh I'm going to go gouge my eyes out now.

19. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 19:55 The Half Elf

Do we get to make a guys life a living hell for not picking his socks up off the floor?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

18. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 19:37 EMkaEL

LOL, a housewife simulator? Never was much of a Sims fan either, as I'm already a subscriber to real life online. I thought games were meant to distract us from the realities of life. I can already mow the lawn, but I have a hard time finding dragons to slay.
you do realize that this game is about a tv-show..?!

17. WTF!? Mar 24, 2006, 19:19 xXBatmanXx

That is it.
I am done.

I officially am retiring from video games.

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

16. oh.. come ON! Mar 24, 2006, 18:57 BicycleRepairMan

Desperate Housewives: The Game---

... Ok, thats just it. there is just no point in letting the world go on like this. we can all just quit trying, ok? dont make any more babies, theyll just become either corporate assholes or mindless sheep who buys this shit.. Just give up. the end is nigh.

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo