Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Auto Assault

NCsoft announces that Auto Assault is gold, and NetDevil's MMORPG will be in stores on April 13, with a head-start for preorders:

AUSTIN, Texas, March 22, 2005—NCsoft® North America announced that Auto Assault® has reached gold master status and will appear on retailers’ shelves in both North America and Europe April 13. Also, customers who purchase and register their Auto Assault pre-order boxes will receive the benefits of a special in-game weapon and loot bonus, plus a four-day head start for game play.

Auto Assault, the sixth major online game published by NCsoft, was developed by Colorado-based developer, NetDevil®, LTD. The first massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) in a post apocalyptic setting, Auto Assault combines fast action with the depth of role-playing games and features fully destructible environments. The game is also expected to launch service simultaneously in North America and Europe on April 13. Pre-order customers may participate in the four-day head start beginning at 9 a.m. EST on April 9. Players who wish to participate in the head-start may purchase the Auto Assault pre-order box, currently available at retailers across North America, and register the product at www.PlayNC.com.

“Auto Assault is a dream come true for gamers who enjoy the depth of traditional online role-playing games but crave the fast, frenetic pace of action games,” said Robert Garriott, CEO of NCsoft North America. “This title has everything you’d expect from a MMORPG – all at 100 miles per hour.”

“We are very excited about the upcoming launch of Auto Assault, but this is just the beginning,” said Scott Brown, president of NetDevil and project lead. “One of the reasons we partnered with NCsoft is that they provide the best value to their customers, with free content expansions in addition to other ways to grow their game worlds. Auto Assault customers will be able to enjoy new content for years to come.”

In Auto Assault, players can choose to be a Human, Mutant or Biomek character and set out in a post apocalyptic land in personalized combat vehicles, fighting for the few resources left on a shattered Earth. Combat is extremely fast-paced and challenges abound as players blast through buildings, set fire to forests, and level entire settlements. Player avatars may own many different vehicles, specialize in several crafting disciplines to create truly unique items, and participate in player-versus-player battles both in arena combat and in contested outpost areas.

Auto Assault’s standard edition box will be available at an expected retail price of US$49.99. The Limited Edition, which includes a headset to utilize the game’s voice chat system, will be available for an expected retail price of US$59.99. Both the standard and Limited editions of the game include the first month of online game play. After the first month, players will be charged a monthly subscription fee of US$14.99. Sixty-day game time cards will also be available at many North American retailers for an expected retail price of US$29.99. The game is rated Teen by the Entertainment Software Rating Board.

For more information about Auto Assault, go to: www.autoassault.com.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Beta... Mar 23, 2006, 08:57 Bill Nakano

Where can I pre-order Ghostbusters MMORPG?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Beta... Mar 23, 2006, 03:39 The Half Elf

kxmode, Motor City Online and Auto Assault are 2 totally different games.
1 is car racing, another is EQ with cars instead of elfs.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

26. Re: Beta... Mar 22, 2006, 21:00 The Half Elf

ohhh Redline.... still got that around here somewhere, probably hiding with my Klingon Academy CD

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

25. Re: Beta... Mar 22, 2006, 20:55 Elf Shot The Food

Someone should do a super-duper remake of Redline.

24. Re: Beta... Mar 22, 2006, 20:50 Kxmode

I want to see an ALIENS vs. Human MMOG.

Give it time. At the rate Hollywood is burning through Comic Books they will soon be looking for a new source of funding. Once they discover they can turn any of the film franchises into shoddy MMOGs and still make a profit they'll be all over it like brown on rice! Mark my words... in three, four years it will happen.

Rocky Online
Starship Troopers Online
Dune Online
Shrek's Jamin' Party Online
Titanic Online
Marvel/Paramount/Fox present's "MARVEL SUPER HEROES" Online
The Passion of the Christ: The Return Online
Jurassic Park MMORPG
Forrest Gump Does America Online
Harry Potter Online
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of MMORPGs
The Sixth Sense for $6 per month!
Home Alone Online
Indiana Jones' Online Adventures!
My Big Fat Greek Wedding: Online Wedding Planner
Ghostbusters MMORPG
War of the Worlds Online
Exorcist Online
Rush Hour 2: Auto Assault 2: Rush Faster!
Mrs. Doubtfire Online (sooo wrong)
Austin Powers Online
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory: Oompa Lumpas Revenge Online!
Terminator Online
Grease Multiplayer
Gladiator Online

et all...

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_driftwood.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 20:58.

23. Beta... Mar 22, 2006, 18:48 Ant

Is the beta still on? I played it over the weekend. It was fun, but not worth getting the full version.

I want to see an ALIENS vs. Human MMOG.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

22. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 17:08 MindTrigger

Yeah I would like to see a new game like I76 that has the "Road Warrior" feel to it. In fact, Road Warrior IP might make a decent MMO if it was done right. Imagine how cool it would be to craft cars, weapons, etc. They would have to make it as hardcore as the movies go, and there would have to be Semi Trucks.. hehe

I checked out AA and I thought it was complete crap. These game devs are suffering from a failure of imagination these days. Time to clean the bastards out and bring in some new talent.

-----
http://www.frappr.com/bluesnewsmembers
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold." -Bob Marley

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

21. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 17:05 MindTrigger

Garbage. (IMO)

-----
http://www.frappr.com/bluesnewsmembers
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold." -Bob Marley

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

20. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 17:05 The Half Elf

I agree once the 'cool' factor wears off the game is pretty borning and dull. But at least they tried something other then a fantasy MMO.

Hope it still works out for them.

19. No subject Mar 22, 2006, 16:24 VoodooV

I was also in beta...fun game..but not 15/month fun. sorry NetDevil. I only got up to lvl 30 or so before I got bored. One thing I liked during the time I did play was that I never felt the grind. there were so many missions to do that I never really felt the need to go find some high XP area and farm. granted, many of the missions were repetitive...but if I had to choose between repetitive missions and mindless farming. I'll take the missions, at least they give you the illusion that you've got a purpose in the game besides mindlessly racing towards level X, only to do it again for level X+1

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 16:27.

18. Solo MMO Mar 22, 2006, 16:14 Swerv

Was in the beta aswell, combat only got fixed a month or so ago and recently high lvl areas got opened up and we were given lvl 70 chars.

The high level skills were poorly balanced and some are next to useless, the pvp areas have the potential to be fun - capturing outposts etc but the high level mobs were again poorly balanced.

This is a solo game for the first 60 or so levels and then you will have to group up to try some really unbalanced pvp.

Apart from it's problems it is still a very fun game although the fun doesn't last and it's unfortunate because many people will be put off by the repetitive pve before they get to the potentially good stuff (contested zones - the pvp).

17. Persistent Cars Part Deux Mar 22, 2006, 15:39 Kxmode

EA tried the persistant car assault genre with Motor City Online and it failed. Hopefully NCSoft and specifically NetDevil learned from MCO's failure and made changes accordingly. But this is besides the point of my post. My question is has the game drop down from 9GB BETA client?!

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_driftwood.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

16. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2006, 15:15 dubfanatic

It's another game like D&D Online that should NOT have been an MMO.

I disagree somewhat. D&D Online is yet another fantasy MMORPG in an extremely saturated market with no redeeming features. Auto Assault is unique, but it also manages to have no redeeming features. An auto combat MMOG could have been very fun as anyone who remembers I'76 would know, but alas, this is not.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 15:17.

15. Re: I'm not giving my subject to a machi Mar 22, 2006, 15:03 Ray Singh

I was in the beta about 6 months ago, and was very disappointed. Very very repetitive, most missions are fedex or kill x amount of blah blah. World is very bland, dull and lifeless (which I guess is the point).

14. Re: I'm not giving my subject to a machi Mar 22, 2006, 15:01 TorchMaster

I had high hopes for this, but playing the weekend beta I was underwhelmed. The world was not immersive for me. I think this was partly due to a lack of environment sound effects and music. In the end, there didn't seem to be a difference between this an any other 1st or 2nd generation MMOG. Looting a +3 machine gun of fire or a +3 sword of doom is the same tedious thing.

=Torch

Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.

13. Re: I'm not giving my subject to a machi Mar 22, 2006, 14:51 John

I just didn't like the way the vehicles handled. Maybe they fixed it later in the beta, but the truck I was in seemed to lose control too easily.

3 words people.

Hard Truck: Apocalypse.

Yeah, that I am looking forward to. The variety of chassis and body configs and the large open world are pretty cool.

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N One of these day's I'm going to start a new character...

This space is available for rent

12. Re: I'm not giving my subject to a machi Mar 22, 2006, 14:14 Killian

I was in the beta for a long time. It was a lot of fun, but I don't think I'd want to pay each month for it.

The physics, the explosions, and the presentation are all done very well. There's plenty of quests and crafting out there as well. It just didn't "grab" me. I think it'll be a niche game and will do "ok", but not spectacular.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 14:15.

11. Re: I'm not giving my subject to a machi Mar 22, 2006, 14:09 asrof

I had a lot of trouble figuring out where to DL the beta too, the way they did the acceptance emails was pretty stupid if I remember.

I did eventually get in and play for a while, the game isn't any faster than any other, which is what they love to market it as. I won't even give them most destructive because you are just blowing up stupid little things that respawn on a map nobody cares about, while in say shadowbane you would destroy towns people spent months building.

So yeah anyway, the game is boring, the combat is annoying. It had potential but they just sat on their asses and hoped the gimmick of being in a car would fix everything.

I agreed with people who said DDO would be better on a GW system, but I wouldnt even play this if it was totally free.

10. Re: I'm not giving my subject to a machi Mar 22, 2006, 14:01 Old Number 7

I apparently was accepted into the beta but never recieved a link to download the client. All emails went unanswered and no explanation was given. I kept getting beta emails about schedule changes and stuff for a year after. This company can't get its act together.

9. Re: I'm not giving my subject to a machi Mar 22, 2006, 14:01 Halsy

It's bound to fail.

"You gotta keep on keepin' on, brother!"
- Joe Dirt

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo