Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Dlayed launch of Consumer Windows Vista Mar 22, 2006, 17:23 UnderLord

More likely the PC sales companies want longer to offload all the PCs that won't be able to run Windows Vista on unsuspecting punters!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Patents Mar 22, 2006, 01:51 Awesome Spume

And I was only worried about software patents. Madness.

EDIT: and as I mentioned last week - the reason these guys have one in court is because the patent has been granted under these specific terms. Until the patent is invalidated, and in fact not even then, they will continue to win. As the Blackberry case has shown even when the patents are dismissed it doesn't slow the courts down from accepting that they were infringed while they were there. The patent system can be reformed by your politicians if you can convince them that it's in their interests to do so. And you elect your politicians. Somebody went off on CEOs not getting elected the last time I said this but I checked his posts and he seems like a retard but I figured I should make myself clearer this time. When the tried to implement software patents in Europe there was a concerted effort and write-in campaign to members of local parliaments against it and it seemed to work, for now. You need a grass-roots anti-ridiculous patent movement in the US.

--------------------------------------------------
It's like when the baby cries all night and then finally falls asleep for an hour at 3am -- the people who manage to avoid talking about Starforce for one fucking thread are that precious hour.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 02:01.

1. Patents Mar 22, 2006, 00:22 FourPak

Patenting this correlation means that doctors who test for elevated homocysteine levels and find them, cannot use this information to infer that their patient needs more B vitamins unless they pay royalties to Metabolite.
dammit this intellectual property horseshyt has got to stop. As the article points out, even to do -Research- on diabetes and hepatitus involves paying royalties because someone "owns" what cannot by definition BE owned!

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 00:23.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo