Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NFS: Most Wanted Support Crashes

The EA Forums (thanks Ant and Voodoo Extreme) have word that the possibility of another patch for Need for Speed: Most Wanted has gotten the thumbs-down from the brass at EA:

Final result - there will not be another patch for Most Wanted.

Longer version - While I'm sure very few of you are surprised by this, there was a good deal of internal debate surrounding this patch and whether to proceed. While there was never a question of whether there should be support for the community, the issues were a matter of time and resources. Both of which were not available.

The positive however, is that all the information collected on this issue won't be tossed aside and will be used for any future releases.

So with that, I can only add that I'm sorry I couldn't do more.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: What are the problems? Mar 16, 2006, 21:13 Prez

**Shakes head in disbelief**

EA just knows ho to endear itself to the gaming community, doesn't it?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. What are the problems? Mar 16, 2006, 20:36 Shadowcat

Just out of curiosity, aren't these comments an indication that there is a known issue with the product?
I want to know the specifics on this, too. The comments very much suggest one or more existing issues (significant ones) that will remain unfixed, so I'd really like to know what those issues are so I can decided whether or not to ever pick this game up.

29. Re: Stop buying EA products already Mar 16, 2006, 18:55 Optimaximal

If you're torn b/c you really like some of their games, then ONLY BUY THEM USED. The company won't see a dime from the sale.
Technically, they've already seen the dime (and the rest), it just wasn't yours. Someone has to have bought the game in the first place for it to have become used, therefore they have all the money they wanted for the sale.

The even better thing to do is wait until the game falls to sub-$10. EA are notoriously bad at getting their titles to budget (preferring instead to milk them to death at 'full price') so retail discounts are abundant after ~ 6 months.

28. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 17:22 Yosemite Sam

The only "EA" game I plan to purchase ever again is Spore, mostly because Mr Wright still seems to get free reign to design and polish good games.

You are fooling yourself, Mr Wright is unfortunatly EA's bitch. Was a very sad day when Maxis was consumed by the beast. I speak from experience ie Simcity4, patches stopped (even though there were proven bugs yet to fix) The big free content stopped, infact they pretty much just cranked out an expansion then vanished. They got our money and packed up and left, that should be EA's new slogan. "We take your money and run, It's in our wallet"

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

27. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 15:40 StreetPreacher

And what about CD keys required for online play? How do you know the previous owner still isn't using it?

A legitimate concern. My only answer would be that very few people would actually go to the trouble to apply a No-CD hack just so they could keep playing it after they sold it. Using the key on multiple machines has never been a problem (in my experience) - only using the same key SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Edit: And you can easily get used AAA games within a week of release. There's always someone out there who had to get it on day one and hated it, or played the whole way through in a marathon session and won't pick it up again.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 15:42.

26. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 13:54 nin

And what about CD keys required for online play? How do you know the previous owner still isn't using it?

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

25. No subject Mar 16, 2006, 11:49 aesir05

I don't know where exactly but on many forums you can buy used games as soon as 1 week after the release
especially shooter games, many people are willing to sell them after only a couple of days

24. Re: Stop buying EA products already Mar 16, 2006, 11:26 Parallax Abstraction

If you're torn b/c you really like some of their games, then ONLY BUY THEM USED. The company won't see a dime from the sale.

That's honestly the best way to stick it to these companies if you are one of those people who doesn't like pirating games you like to spite the company. I'll buy new stuff from companies that deserve it, but what few EA games interest me int he future (and they're aren't many) I'll definitely pick up second hand, even if I have to wait a while to get them. Definitely not giving these people my money for new titles for a long while.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
www.pxa.ca

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

23. No subject Mar 16, 2006, 10:34 WyldKat

I will never forgive EA for what they did with two of my favorite properties, Ultima and Wing Commander. I can only hope that situations like this will cause consumers to not buy their products. However this will not happen for one reason, there are too many console gamers out there who just don't care enough to realize what EA is really all about. Luckily the NFL2k ordeal helped change a bit of that, but this bit of news about MW makes it CLEARLY evident that EA no longer sees a place for PC gamers in its profit margin.

The only "EA" game I plan to purchase ever again is Spore, mostly because Mr Wright still seems to get free reign to design and polish good games.

And sort of off topic, could you imagine the witchhunt that would ensue if EA announced a unilateral implementation of StarForce over all product lines?

22. Re: Stop buying EA products already Mar 16, 2006, 09:41 nin

Shame on you EA. Millions of copies of that game sold, and you have the audacity to claim "We're just so very poor... we don't have any money for support. Woe is us."

6 million, I heard, as of sometime in January...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 16 W/Mo

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Stop buying EA products already Mar 16, 2006, 09:38 StreetPreacher

They obviously don't care about their products or customers. Remember: the ONLY way you can change this is by voting with your consumer dollars. Don't like their lack of support? Don't buy their products. Simple.

Shame on you EA. Millions of copies of that game sold, and you have the audacity to claim "We're just so very poor... we don't have any money for support. Woe is us."

Shame, shame, shame.

20. Re: Lawsuit Mar 16, 2006, 09:21 Jeraxle

ya a lawsuit. Anyone that ever uses the term lawsuit for something like this knows zero about law and has never been in a position of experience in regards to law.

So you're going to get a $350/hr lawyer and fight a billion dollar company? Didn't the OJ trial or Michael Jackson trials teach you anything?

money wins in court, not law, not righteousness, not justice.

Fear law, don't use it for defense because it will take every fucking dime you own and your soul.

He never mentioned trying to get a lawsuit, ass. In fact, he said, "Too bad ... not enough for a lawsuit". I.E. A class action lawsuit where there are teams of probono lawyers attempting to take down the $$$ company.

So take your own advice "Anyone that ever uses the term lawsuit for something like this knows zero about law and has never been in a position of experience in regards to law.", shut the fuck up, and stop being such a dick.

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

19. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 09:12 Bhruic

EA had 8 of the top 20 selling games for Feb (http://pc.ign.com/articles/695/695195p1.html). It's hard to believe that they don't have the "time and resources" to fix their games. Of course, it's much easier to believe they don't have the desire and interest to fix their games.

18. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 07:29 StringFellow

EA isn't the only publisher doing this! Look at Atari.....

And there are some posters here that will buy EA published games even after bitching and complaining. These type of actions by publishers will continue until the consumer stops buy their products.

These crappy publisher practices aren't new either!

Either stop buying or get use to it unfortunately.

-S

17. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 06:50 Kevlar

Thank you, Sloth. I was hoping someone would point out EA's pathetic logic. I don't even play MW and this annoys me.

I suppose they believe they should be defined more succinctly by their intent than their actions? Ok, let's do that.

I for one remember their actions - what they've done to the Battlefield series. Their abuse of Trauma Studios. Their poor behavior with the NFL and the fact that they openly admit they're no longer about making *good* games.

Origin Systems.

In short, EA, it was never a question of whether you put out the occasionally interesting brute-forced franchise title that you likely bought from someone else, the issues are a matter of conscience and interest. Both of which are not sufficient.

The positive, however, is that all the information collected on this issue won't be tossed aside and will be used for any future purchases.

16. No subject Mar 16, 2006, 02:48 Ledge

Way to go EA.. and dont be surprised if they do it to their other/future releases. Time and resources not available?... what a load of shit.

15. Lawsuit Mar 16, 2006, 02:18 venomhed

ya a lawsuit. Anyone that ever uses the term lawsuit for something like this knows zero about law and has never been in a position of experience in regards to law.

So you're going to get a $350/hr lawyer and fight a billion dollar company? Didn't the OJ trial or Michael Jackson trials teach you anything?

money wins in court, not law, not righteousness, not justice.

Fear law, don't use it for defense because it will take every fucking dime you own and your soul.

14. No subject Mar 16, 2006, 02:16 venomhed

Translation

Now that we have your money, we are done with you.

We are too busy screwing over the BF2 fans with $10 mini packs and ignoring the glaring bugs. We also are heavy into releasing patches that patch the prior patch so that we can patch things up.

The American Way - Home of the Greed

13. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 02:15 .Drifter

Just out of curiosity, aren't these comments an indication that there is a known issue with the product? That, in fact, it is a defective product? With their refusal to fix it, too bad it's not grounds for a law suit.
Anyways, saying you couldn't do more is bull, especially when it comes to patching. Heck, Ritual patches SiN for years after that game was out, after the bug fixes it was to add in CTF and an ingame server browser, among other tweaks. At their own time and expense. So to say you can't patch a game because you can't 'do more' is a load of crap.

12. what a terrible company Mar 16, 2006, 01:52 Ray Singh

While there was never a question of whether there should be support for the community, the issues were a matter of time and resources. Both of which were not available.

Oxymoron
www.dictionary.com

leave off the oxy and what do you get...EA.

I am not pleased.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo