Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2 Patches

New patches are now available for Battlefield 2, updating DICE's modern combat shooter to version 1.21. Yesterday it was announced that BF2: Euro Force is due for release next week (story), so this follows through on the plan to precede the booster pack with this update (story). The new version addresses a number of outstanding issues, as detailed in the read me. Downloads of the full patch are on EA's FTP server and mirrored on 3D Gamers, AusGamers, FileFront, GameArena, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), VGPRO, Worthplaying, and Xtra Games. The incremental patch is on EA's FTP server and mirrored on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, AusGamers, FileFront, GameArena, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), VGPRO, Worthplaying, and Xtra Games. The Win32 and Linux dedicated servers are available on EA's FTP server and mirrored on 3D Gamers, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. Re: venom Mar 29, 2006, 19:46 Jester74

No, just someone who does not overreact to the littlest things and turn them into them completely ruining the game.]

Himmy you always give me a reaction...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2006, 00:00 Argent

I've always had missiles passing through Vodniks and DPVs since release. I think it has something to do with their construction. It definitely wasn't introduced by 1.2.

45. Re: No subject Mar 11, 2006, 19:34 Tumbler

Just tried out the BF2 patch and am sad to say they did something to the AA now so that jets can fly safely around with little or no fear of getting shot down.

I really liked the AA changes but I guess I'm in the minority.

Mr. Pibb & Red Vines = Crazy Delicious

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

44. Re: No subject Mar 11, 2006, 00:51 Ave

In 3 hours of playing since patch I've had:

1) Missile passing through vodnik

2)Red tag bug

3)Red text underground

4)Sound problems(i pick up an ammo pack, and I get that ka-chink sound constantly until I die, same sometimes with support weapons fire, constantly eminating from the same guy even though he's not firing)

All this was on a 24/7 karky server

43. No subject Mar 10, 2006, 17:02 Bludd

The patch works very nicely for me. I've had no problems for the 4 hours I've played with it.

42. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2006, 15:10 Slink

Yes, I played Daggerfall. It also ran fine on my system back then.

Speaking of more bugs, after I downloaded and installed the 1.21 patch, all I'm getting are Modified Content Errors while trying to join a server. Ridiculous...

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

41. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2006, 11:26 Tumbler

Anyone posted impression of the patch yet? Curious what people think of it.

40. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2006, 05:34 Eye 4N Eye

why do you people complain so much about having to pay $10 for a booster pack? Oh wait, did i say 'having'? You DON'T HAVE TO!

Well Said!!!

Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

39. No subject Mar 10, 2006, 04:16 JaZeeL

The files are appropriately in place on the EA FTP server now if you haven't downloaded them yet.

38. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2006, 02:40 Cutedge

A little bug for sure and certainly not game-stopping, but it just shows how bad EA's/Dice's QA process is. This is by far the buggiest game I have ever played. Shit, to even get it to install I had to reboot into SAFE MODE. And installing 1.12 on a new copy is a crapshoot, you never know how it's going to turn up. EA is lucky that this game is actually fun - if it wasn't, myself and I'm sure many others would have given up a long time ago. I'm just resigning myself to not buy any "booster" pack until the core game is fixed.

I'm not going to argue that BF2 isnt' buggy (it is), but the buggiest game?

Did you ever play Daggerfall?

37. Re: 1.2 GB free?! Mar 10, 2006, 00:25 Ant

necrosis: Oh. Hmm, Post on DICE (UK) forum and see if anyone can help you over there.

I was able to upgrade. I haven't tested the game though.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

36. Re: Ya himmy Mar 9, 2006, 23:11 Overon

The red marker bug (i don't know about the red soldier name tag bug) that appears on the ground and whose number decreases as you get closer to it, introduced by the 1.20 patch, is still in 1.21.

The sound and animation synching issues they broke with 1.20 appear to be fixed in 1.21. You can hear tanks, apcs, planes, helicopters and gunfire from all around.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 23:45.

35. Re: Ya himmy Mar 9, 2006, 22:44 Masa

Besides you are likely talking about the Console version anyway since the PC version isn't out yet. Ghost on a console-YECH.

Oh, give it a break. GR2 was definitely one game that benefited from being made more accessible. It was friggin hard as it was. Besides that, console game have come into their own, especially in comparison to PC gaming, which has arguably been in a decline, the differences between the two aren't going to be that drastic.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 22:48.

34. Re: 1.2 GB free?! Mar 9, 2006, 22:40 necrosis

Thanks but my problem isnt space on the system drive (installer only asks for 10 MB free (which I have), its asking for 1260 MB free on the drive I have BF2 installed to (seperate partition).

33. Re: 1.2 GB free?! Mar 9, 2006, 22:12 Ant

necrosis: Oh no!! That sucks.

Try this old trick: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.games.ea.battlefield/browse_frm/thread/cd58d3a5118d9404/4a0fa5d3afd6ac7f?lnk=st&q=antant%40zimage.com+Battlefield+C%3A&rnum=2 or http://tinyurl.com/n7aze ...

I don't know if it is still valid for 1.2.1.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

32. Re: Ya himmy Mar 9, 2006, 22:05 Marvin T. Martian

"Picked up GRAW tonight, and really liking it. Selling for 47.99 at fry's and the big guys, target, Circuit city, best buy, etc will price match"

Not a chance after they screwed us over with Letdown (lockdown). I will be waiting for the full reviews to see iff UBI did the same to the once fabulous Ghost Recon. All they have put out is console ports and cancelled GR 2 for the PC. Besides you are likely talking about the Console version anyway since the PC version isn't out yet. Ghost on a console-YECH.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 22:09.

31. Re: Ya himmy Mar 9, 2006, 21:39 Tumbler

Picked up GRAW tonight, and really liking it. Selling for 47.99 at fry's and the big guys, target, Circuit city, best buy, etc will price match.

Go get it!

30. Re: Ya himmy Mar 9, 2006, 21:23 JimCognito

Well, just when I was about to completely give up on this game. This is far from the finished product I'm sure. Doesn't seem like they solved any of the problems they really created with 1.2 like making the game clunky and slow for those who couldn't hit moving targets.

Oh, and whats with the flaming here? Relax kids, its a damn game.

29. No subject Mar 9, 2006, 21:21 Slink

I love how they still haven't fixed the bug that displays the incorrect version number on the main/server menu.

A little bug for sure and certainly not game-stopping, but it just shows how bad EA's/Dice's QA process is. This is by far the buggiest game I have ever played. Shit, to even get it to install I had to reboot into SAFE MODE. And installing 1.12 on a new copy is a crapshoot, you never know how it's going to turn up. EA is lucky that this game is actually fun - if it wasn't, myself and I'm sure many others would have given up a long time ago. I'm just resigning myself to not buy any "booster" pack until the core game is fixed.
This comment was edited on Mar 9, 21:22.

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

28. Re: Ya himmy Mar 9, 2006, 21:04 Igor

It's not on the EA FTP server

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo