Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

SpellForce 2 Demo

A playable demo is now available for SpellForce 2, Phenomic Game Development's RTS/RPG sequel. Word is: "In this seamless blend of RTS and RPG genres, SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars provides an environment full of surprises and challenges as the player takes on the role of the Avatar. Together with his party of heroes, the player solves quests and overcomes obstacles in carefully crafted worlds. As you will see in this demo, SpellForce 2 offers Dungeon Siege-type gameplay, but with a unique camera-angle that lets players choose between 3/4 perspective, behind-the player view, and more." The download is available on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, 4players.de, ActionTrip, Boomtown, Computer Games, FileFront, FileNuts, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), VGPRO, and Worthplaying.

View
84 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

84. Finally, played this demo ... Mar 26, 2006, 03:17 Ant

Not bad. A bit slow on my Athlon 64 3200+ (754) with NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (128 MB), 2 GB of RAM, and Windows XP Pro. SP2. I was addicted to the demo for like three hours. I won't get the full version though.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

83. Re: Spellforce 2 Mar 11, 2006, 16:46 Quan

I don't know, seem the same to me. Take some hero's walk to location attacking mobs and enemys to get XP. Then build a base.

I just like to see a lower Camera view in Battle for middle earth 2, much like what they did in Empire at war.

82. Re: Spellforce 2 = Starforce? Mar 11, 2006, 10:29 Grounded

"Its a shame Battle for middle earth 2 didn't allow this amount of hero customiztion ( finding weapons and armor ) as well as a 3rd person view."

Its a shame they are two totally different games

81. Spellforce 2 = Starforce? Mar 11, 2006, 03:56 Icewind

I really want the game, and REALLY want to try that Demo, but if it DOES have Starforce, I'm staying away.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 03:56.

80. Re: StarForce 2 Demo Mar 10, 2006, 23:26 John

Cool, thanks for adding another demo review, Quan! Those are the kinds of replies we need in a demo topic.

...and the thread sky-rocketed into "SF sucks", "Who cares about SF", "I like pie" ranting all around.

Mmmmmm.. pie

It continues to amaze me that there are actually people among us who stick up for those that seek to limit and control our collective and individual interests.

You still don't understand I see.

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N Going to finish game before I start a new character me thinks

This space is available for rent

79. About the demo Mar 10, 2006, 01:42 Quan

I really like the look of this game. I have the first one with both expansion packs and I enjoyed it but wouldn't really show it off to friends because you have to invest alot of time to get into it.

I really like the graphics. Best I seen for a RTS game. The textures seem to be limited in the demo but still look great. The full real time shadows on objects ( plus day nigth cycle ) makes the whole world come alive also at night myst rises from the ground. Also being able to experance everything from 3rd person view is just awsome.

Voice acting is a tad better, but only a tad

The game run smoother than the first which is a plus. I will be ordering this game as soon as a release date has been announced.

Its a shame Battle for middle earth 2 didn't allow this amount of hero customiztion ( finding weapons and armor ) as well as a 3rd person view.

78. Re: Starforce Mar 10, 2006, 00:07 MyRealName

It continues to amaze me that there are actually people among us who stick up for those that seek to limit and control our collective and individual interests.

Do the same people beg for higher taxes? It must be The Man Himself, or drooling morons; nothing else makes sense.

Boycott Starforce - http://www.glop.org/starforce/

77. Re: StarForce 2 Demo Mar 9, 2006, 23:26 Bhruic

How many times do the SAME people have to cry and bitch and moan about SF, over and over and over?

The reality is that most of the anti-SF 'rants' need balance to be achieved. That is, if people didn't attack the SF ranters, they'd quickly run out of steam (ha) and stop. Take a look at this thread, there were only a few anti-SF posts, then people started attacking the SF posters, and the thread sky-rocketed into "SF sucks", "Who cares about SF", "I like pie" ranting all around.

My point being, if you're serious about not wanting to see endless SF rants, your best solution is to ignore them - not bait them, which seems to be the current prefered method.

76. Re: Starforce Mar 9, 2006, 23:22 Bhruic

Okay, I've read why they would want to copy-protect a demo... but why bother if they're not going to Starforce the actual GAME as well?

From the sounds of it, only the US version won't have it - meaning the European version will.

75. Re: Starforce Mar 9, 2006, 22:32 John

So KEEP SHOUTING and denying yourself of these games im sure the press and developers will get the message and stop putting SF in there games, but in case they dont I'll be here playing and getting grey hairs anyways.

Just take your 'shouting' somewhere else please. We already know who isn't going to play games that have SF. I knew this thread was going to blow up.

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N Going to finish game before I start a new character me thinks

This space is available for rent

74. Re: Starforce Mar 9, 2006, 21:37 Raven

Okay, I've read why they would want to copy-protect a demo... but why bother if they're not going to Starforce the actual GAME as well?

73. Starforce Mar 9, 2006, 20:48 Cheese

I dont blame you all for not trying this cause of SF, people dont like stuff on there private data machine that could possibly cause damage to data or even worse slow down your drives or cause some software to not even boot.

Those are just a few of the rumours floating around the web, not to say all of them are true but if they are then I dont blame ppl for hateing SF.

Me personaly dont have any problems so far with SF drivers installed in my system, Ive had a ton of games with it and no slowdowns no corruption no nothing, But to tell ppl to quiet there fears of SF and stop complaining about it is WRONG, simply put would you take a chance on installing something that has TONS of bad press on how it Frags your system one way or the other? then at the same time they are not releasing BUDGETWARE with SF but must have games such as dare I say UFO Aftershock one of my favs.

No way i was gonna miss out on aftershock cause of SF destroying my system BAH, I said to my self , What Fking good will my system be without games like Aftershock,Spellforce 1, SpaceRangers 2, Farienheidt, all the fking good games all with Starforce so I spun the revolver and installed my games and been haveing fun ever since.

But I still am with the guys complaining just because I took a chance with my system dosent mean I THINK other ppl should do the same with theres, all I can say is SF has not done any wrong so far in my system but it has given me a few grey hairs taking the risk.

So KEEP SHOUTING and denying yourself of these games im sure the press and developers will get the message and stop putting SF in there games, but in case they dont I'll be here playing and getting grey hairs anyways.

72. No subject Mar 9, 2006, 20:29 Leiawen

I don't care if Starforce breaks my PC or not. No publisher is going to install a rootkit on my PC just because I may or may not be a software pirate. I will not tolerate such blatantly invasive and potentially exploitable software on a system that I find increasingly difficult to secure.

They will get no money from me.

71. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 19:36 Overon

Starforce? No thanks. Delete.

70. Re: re Mar 9, 2006, 19:24 silentsammy

Starforce makes my system run faster and smoother. Their rootkits have steadily increased my framerates. Go starforce.

...man I wish some group would finally start a lawsuit against starforce and the publishers that use it...

/stupid babble off

69. Re: re Mar 9, 2006, 18:48 DrEvil

<i> Like I have said many times, the new Starforce doesn't hurt you. You can always remove it after you have finished the demo if you are that paranoid.
</i>

And like I have said many times, a game has NO DAMN BUSINESS installing drivers on my system. I don't even need the remotest chance of something adding instability to my system.

68. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 17:44 Pr()ZaC

Starforce, no Starforce or in the case of the US version: TAGES.

67. No subject Mar 9, 2006, 17:23 Luthier

Yeah, I've played through it a little bit and I really liked it. I never played the first Spellforce so this was new to me, and I really liked the RTS / RPG blend. Very cool. Will definitely be buying the full version, Starforce or no Starforce.

66. Re: Not bad Mar 9, 2006, 16:45 Howin

I don't give a shit about starforce.

If I did, I wouldn't be enjoying some of the fav games. Silent Hunter 3, Beyond Divinity, X3 and Splinter Cell.

65. Re: StarForce 2 Demo Mar 9, 2006, 16:44 MyRealName

Is not the best decision I know.
LOL, gotta love it. Makes it clear, doesn't it?

I'm just curious and I'm not trying to be snotty when I ask this, but how many people posting here have been writing to the developers and also telling THEM that you won't buy their products if they're protected with StarForce?

*raises hand*

Of course, it wouldn't make much sense otherwise (I can't speak for others). For those that don't like to hear it being warned about on this board, too bad.

That said, I'm sure the publishers and developers think little of it and just delete the mails. For now. Muhahaha...

Boycott Starforce - http://www.glop.org/starforce/

84 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo