Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Act of War: High Treason Demo

As noted on Atari UK, a demo is now available for Act of War: High Treason, offering the chance to check out the upcoming expansion for Eugen System's real-time strategy game. The update includes single-player and multiplayer support for a 752 MB download, available via FTP (direct link), and mirrored on 3D Gamers, Boomtown, Computer Games, FileFront, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), VGPRO, and Worthplaying.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. No subject Mar 9, 2006, 20:48 Todd

I played Act of War heavily and was even pretty high up in the ladder (not bragging, a lot of horrible players to be honest) and honestly I think current EA's C&C is the C&C ripoff and Act of War is the true continuation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Really... Mar 9, 2006, 19:13 Pie-Oh-Pah

C&C rip off is a bit harsh, the first game had some very nice ideas & I really like the new stuff in the demo, esp the mercs units, though wasn't happy when the money ran out and they cleared off

demo is hard but not impossible, there are quite a few enemy tanks that can be captured, once you have them it's easy to hold off attacks and start exploring.

10. Re: Really... Mar 9, 2006, 17:15 Elf Shot The Food

The original game used SecurROM, so I don't see why they'd change it.

Is this how demo threads are going to be now?

9. Re: Really... Mar 9, 2006, 17:11 MMORPGHoD

I don't think it has SF. From the comments I've read, some are calling it a C&C rip off, but with an interface that isn't as good. I'd rather see a C&C 3.

8. Re: Really... Mar 9, 2006, 16:51 tunis5000

unless I'm missing something this demo is impossible, it's hard to get and then defend money and you're constantly being attacked by strong units when you hardly have anything  
-----------------------------------------------
I like pie.

7. Re: Really... Mar 9, 2006, 14:49 Pie-Oh-Pah

I liked the hammy FMV acting hope there's plenty more in this.

took me a while to get into AOW but really enjoyed it, new units the demo are nice too.

6. No subject Mar 9, 2006, 14:48 Todd

Ok, I can not cut across sarcasm through this so can someone answer without any context of sarcasm whether or not this is maliased with Starforce?

5. Re: Really... Mar 9, 2006, 12:52 John

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N Going to finish game before I start a new character me thinks

This space is available for rent

4. Re: Really... Mar 9, 2006, 12:01 nin

OMG DOEZ IT HAVE STARFORCE 2 INIT?

It does! IT DOES!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Really... Mar 9, 2006, 11:57 Koblizek

OMG DOEZ IT HAVE STARFORCE 2 INIT?

2. Re: Really... Mar 9, 2006, 11:34 Parallax Abstraction

Quite a few of us actually. This is the closest thing to a Command & Conquer game out there. And the original wasn't bad save the hammy FMV acting.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
www.pxa.ca

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

1. Really... Mar 9, 2006, 11:31 shinchan0s

Who cares?

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer