Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF2: Euro Force Next Week

EA announces the Euro Force booster pack for Battlefield 2 is set to be released digitally one week from today:

The Battlefield 2 Euro Force™ Booster Pack is scheduled for release, and will be available for download at $9.99 USD via the EA downloader, on Wednesday March 15th.

The European Union joins the battle in, Battlefield 2: Euro Force™, the first booster pack for Battlefield 2™. Take the powerful new Euro Force into action against Middle Eastern Coalition and Chinese armies as you battle for control of all-new Asian locations.

Battlefield Battlefield 2: Euro Force™ takes you on the offensive admist burning oil fields, the Great Wall of China, and the immense Taraba Quarry , each having a unique tactical advantage on the battlefield.

The action escalates in each new map with the latest high-tech vehicles and weapons including attack helicopters, battle tanks, assault rifles, and much more.

The Battlefield 2 game engine and physics system brings the modern battlefield to life like never before. The material penetration feature measures weapons' ability to fire through barriers based on their composition and players will need to know the difference between concealment and cover in order to survive.

Team play features allow players to enter the action on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their teammates.

Developed by Digital Illusions Canada, Battlefield 2: Euro Force™ is rated "T" (Teen) by the ESRB. Battlefield 2: Euro Force™ will be available for $9.99 USD via download at www.downloader.ea.com/codes/en_US/bf2euro

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

57. Re: Meatfarts Mar 9, 2006, 20:23 Jester74

Himmy, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you would realise that that i was talking about the free maps not the expansions. There are three new maps in Euro Force and one new army. There were at least three free maps released eventually for core bf1942, one of which had a new army (I said nothing about weapons you'll notice, though there was one new gun and two new vechiles on the Canne map i think.) Now I can't remember exactly how many extra maps where in Road to Rome and Secret Weapons, I'd have to re-instal them to be sure, there was for sure more than three in each. Apart from some fine details you and I actually agree, booster before patch, bad.
Sorry but in the heat of battle I don't check people's names before firing very often, especially under the conditions I described (and you ignored) or when some one pops up in front of me. I rarely get tks and I always say sorry. I guess if (diety of your choice) forbid we ever meet each other in bf2 and your tag is red you'd better switch or leave the server cause I'm not up at your mad skillz speed reading level and might just blow your freakin head off, by accident. btw Jester74 is my bf2 tag as well, just sos yah know.
I think its your tone that get people angry with what your saying, the mature thing to do is make your arguement without pointing out other peoples faults. You might also want to make sure what your saying is actually right, other wise your just making yourself look foolish. Just a thought.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: But its ONLY $9.99 <-- ASSHOLE Mar 9, 2006, 18:35 Himmy

It feels oddly similar?

Oh please. In not one instance do you have to buy ANYTHING for a patch.

Oh, but because they hold a expansion/booster pack back for the core game to be patched, it feels oddly similar!

And, if they release the expansion/booster BEFORE the patch they are money hording assfucks who only care about getting new expansions/boosters out as quickly as humanly possible and not working on patches at all!!!!!

Basically, fuck heads like you will bitch no matter what.

55. Re: But its ONLY $9.99 <-- ASSHOLE Mar 9, 2006, 18:19 Tumbler

The patches have nothing to with with the expansion or booster packs. They even held back releasing this booster pack to work on the 1.21 patch, which goes against anyone saying they just care about the expansion/booster packs, or they are going to charge you for a patch.

The booster pack was planned for an early february (8th?) release. The patch was originally supposed to come out just before that. They moved the patch back and decided to move the booster pack back....sounds related.

The patch was released later in february, became clear very quickly that some issues still needed some help. New quick patch planned, booster pack moved back. Seems related again.

You say the booster pack is finished, and you're probably right, in fact it's probably been ready for distrubution since February 1.

The plan seems to be release a patch a few days before the booster pack so everyone loads the game up and sees things are better and wants to buy the booster pack. Plan hit a speed bump when the patch wasn't all they'd hoped for. So they push back the booster until after the next patch.

When special forces came out the game got patched.

EA/DICE is making a point to develop additional content to sell to players just after a new patch is released. It's not exactly charging for a patch but it feels oddly similar.

Mr. Pibb & Red Vines = Crazy Delicious

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

54. Re: Meatfarts Mar 9, 2006, 18:10 Himmy

Meatfarts, good job on completely twisting what I said, I really said the red tag bug is not a problem at all. You nailed that one, you got me.

I don't expect much more from an idiot like yourself, though. It is what happens when you come unarmed for, well, anything that requires a thought process of over a 12 year old's.

What a lot of you don't get is that the bug doesn't just effect the tags but the maps and score board.

Jester, it is not hard to remember the name of that one person on the map with the red tag bug. Really, it isn't at all. Again, it happens so rarely it is not a game killer for anyone that isn't an anal prick.

To ask for more money for something very much like what they gave away for free with bf1942, more maps and a new army, is pretty sketchy but to do so while people are still having major problems is almost insulting.

Jester, sorry, but you are way wrong. Bf42 had TWO expansion packs that you had to buy. Add the two booster packs together, and you have TWO expansion packs for BF2.

BF42 gave a few free maps and even less new weapons. So far, BF2 has given more free weapons and less free maps. There is still free content, and like in BF42(yet everyone forgets) there is content in expansion packs you could buy if you wanted it.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 18:12.

53. Re: Meatfarts Mar 9, 2006, 17:40 Jester74

And yet your the one that finished it...

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 17:41.

52. Re: Meatfarts Mar 9, 2006, 17:33 MeatForce

Calm. *Breath* Blue. *Breath* Ocean. Found your happy place? Good.

Heh.. if you think I'm being a spaz there.. stick around, my friend!
(or check back in my post history to around the time Q4 was released. Science had to invent whole new words for the veins protruding from my forehead back then! ;P)

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]; Gort Grimley [W/Ne]

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

51. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 17:16 MeatForce

It must be nice to have something to blame your Team-Killing on.....which I bet counts for alot of the excuses used for TKing.....

Hehee! Yup -- I think my very first action in the game after installing the 1.2 patch was to spawn-in and kill someone on my own team

-----

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

50. Meatfarts Mar 9, 2006, 17:15 Jester74

Calm. *Breath* Blue. *Breath* Ocean. Found your happy place? Good.

Hey I'm happy for you guys that have never had the name tag bug, but that doesn't mean its not real. Alls I know is that before the 1.2 patch it happened to me once and a while. However, after, I joined one game and half my teams names where red... And tell me Himmy, if a enemy tank roles up on me and the name tag is red how can I know its the bug? What a lot of you don't get is that the bug doesn't just effect the tags but the maps and score board. For you that person is on the other team, until you kill them that is.
I love the game, I play it a lot, but my love is not blind. To ask for more money for something very much like what they gave away for free with bf1942, more maps and a new army, is pretty sketchy but to do so while people are still having major problems is almost insulting. Don't get me wrong, I'm there, they'll get my money if 1.21 only solve the name tag problem for me. If it doesn't, well EA's not gone get another cent from me until BF2 is flawless. Yeah and I mean BF2142.
This comment was edited on Mar 9, 17:39.

49. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 16:29 Eye 4N Eye

The red tag bug

wierd??.....but I've never seen this bug and I'm close to 500 hours of playing....
It must be nice to have something to blame your Team-Killing on.....which I bet counts for alot of the excuses used for TKing.....
DUDE...SORRY, but your nametag was red DUDE

Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

48. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 16:15 MeatForce

The red tag bug? I get nailed my it maybe every 5 games, and once you know who it is common sense should turn in to 'not shoot that enemy wearing the same uniform as me.'

It hardly ruins the game, unless you are some anal prick.

Incase this is so hard for you to get: the booster pack is DONE. They have waited for the 1.21 patch to be finished before releasing it. Not only that, but DICE has two different stupdios. The one in Canada is solely there for booster and expansion packs.

They have also stated, the reason the red tag bug keeps not getting fixed is they can not figure out what exactly is causing it. Common sense should tell you coding a game, and fixing code in a game, is not like snapping your fingers.

There are NUMEROUS games that still have some small little big like the red tag bug that fuck nuts like you constantly bitch and cry about, when in the end it is a very minor problem.

OH HO!! Got that everybody?

Himmy, The Battlefield 2 Motherfucking Master has finally set us all straight about that red tag bug.

Thanks, Himmy.

So listen up, people: from now on, red-tag bug is not a problem, we're all just anal pricks.

Beyond that, if DICE and EA want to lie to us and tell us that a bug has been fixed, don't you dare be disappointed when it turns out they still haven't fixed it! Himmy says that's because they don't know exactly what's causing it, mmmmkkay?

An' don't be a bunch of fucknuts and complain about a nine-month old competitive multiplayer game that STILL has a bug in it which causes friendly players to be misidentified.

Himmy says "I get nailed my it maybe every 5 games, and once you know who it is common sense should turn in to 'not shoot that enemy wearing the same uniform as me." So, you know.. that's pretty much what... he ... said.

Memorise that shit folks, because it ain't often you'll see such finely cultured pearls of wisdom. Not on the internet, at any rate.

And anyone who's not a complete fucking moron can see that since it's been getting consistently worse with every patch, it hardly ruins the competitive multiplayer game!! NO!! Himmy says it is a very minor problem!! It enhances the competitive multiplayer game!!

%)%)%)

-----
This comment was edited on Mar 9, 16:16.

-----

47. EA Himmy Mar 9, 2006, 15:36 venomhed

Lets just see what this great 1.21 patch fixes alright? But I got my money on what more in breaks. Remember, 1.21 is mostly trying to fix the map crashes they created in 1.2.

So keep your yap shut until then. So far their patch streak has been abysmal at best. Yet dickheads like you are defending them? Moron.

46. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 13:29 Himmy

The red tag bug? I get nailed my it maybe every 5 games, and once you know who it is common sense should turn in to 'not shoot that enemy wearing the same uniform as me.'

It hardly ruins the game, unless you are some anal prick.

Incase this is so hard for you to get: the booster pack is DONE. They have waited for the 1.21 patch to be finished before releasing it. Not only that, but DICE has two different stupdios. The one in Canada is solely there for booster and expansion packs.

They have also stated, the reason the red tag bug keeps not getting fixed is they can not figure out what exactly is causing it. Common sense should tell you coding a game, and fixing code in a game, is not like snapping your fingers.

There are NUMEROUS games that still have some small little big like the red tag bug that fuck nuts like you constantly bitch and cry about, when in the end it is a very minor problem.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 13:30.

45. No subject Mar 9, 2006, 13:22 venomhed

I forgot, the current bug list was created by me since I am the only one having the problems. The game plays fine, I am very tired of seeing no names or friendlies at red!

I am pissed that they are spending more resources on their booster packs since they will bring in money, rather than fixing the fucking broken problems.

The red tag problem WASN'T in the original buggy release or the patch that came immediately afterwards. No, it started on the third patch on and has gotten worse with each successive patch.

After totalling up your $ for the game, the add ons, smile and realize how much you paid. By participating in this bullshit marketing plan game will now cost $100+. Sure not initially, just with their "installment" oops, sorry, booster packs.

Dumb fucks.

44. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 12:56 Himmy

My point is that BF2 runs like crap, people who think it runs great puzzle me because performance has been going downhill with each patch that's come out. So when someone says it's running great I have to scatch my head and wonder...

And seriously, if I'm telling you it's a problem, what does that tell you?

The problem is you are a complete idiot. Not a partial idiot, but a complete idiot.

Just because YOU are having problems does not mean EVERYONE is having problems.

Considering BF2 is one of the most played games online, obviously you are in the minority with problems running the game. To get to this conclusion, you would need common sense. This explains why it has not even dawned on you.

43. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 12:41 Himmy

You think that paying 9.99 for a couple maps and some new skins worth the money?

Considering that you would pay $19.99 to $29.99 for an expansion pack with double the amount of the booster pack, yes, it is a good deal as it comes out to the minimum expansion packs are purchased for(two booster packs at $9.99 each)

42. Re: But its ONLY $9.99 <-- ASSHOLE Mar 9, 2006, 12:37 Himmy

Anyone who thinks the expansion or booster packs are patches is a fucking moron.

The patches have nothing to with with the expansion or booster packs. They even held back releasing this booster pack to work on the 1.21 patch, which goes against anyone saying they just care about the expansion/booster packs, or they are going to charge you for a patch.
This comment was edited on Mar 9, 13:01.

41. But its ONLY $9.99 <-- ASSHOLE Mar 9, 2006, 11:52 venomhed

Listen, it isn't just $9.99. The same people that make this claim are the same people we need to ship over to Iraq and place in the armed forces. It is people like this that are too deaf, dumb and blind to see behind the curtain, to see the whole picture.

By purchasing this marketing trick, you condone EA by nickle and diming the consumer to death. You will be paying for a patch which if I remember used to be free.

$50 for the game
$30 for the add on
and $10 per patch after that?

The game isn't fixed. There are a ton of bugs, and as fun as it is the buck stops here. BF2 is a great game but not for $80 and a brush off of not fixing MAJOR bugs.

SO for the people buying anymore "patches" from EA and hiding behing "it's only $9.99" can suck a fat cock! GOd damn sheep!

40. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 11:31 MeatForce

My point is that BF2 runs like crap, people who think it runs great puzzle me because performance has been going downhill with each patch that's come out. So when someone says it's running great I have to scatch my head and wonder...

Don't waste your time wondering. I mean, does it really surprise you that this buggy fucking mess of a game performs differently for some people than it does for others? Really?

'Cause, clearly it does. The game runs beautifully for me at 1280x960 w. AA+AF and Max Details on a 7800GT -- online, offline; pre-patch, post-patch makes no difference; the thing just runs like a bat out of hell with zero performance issues and looks friggin' amazing to boot. Don't be puzzled by this. All it means is that I'm apparently not being affected by any performance bugs, whereas others are. Pretty simple, really.

But the game is buggy as all fuck. Period. Anyone who claims otherwise is... weird.

And the fact that it runs like utter shit now for some folks after the patch is simply an indication of the high degree of buggy-fucktitude that this game has achieved.

-----
This comment was edited on Mar 9, 11:33.

-----

39. No subject Mar 9, 2006, 09:50 f13

enough with the random mindeless BF2 hating!!! i need to know, FOR REAL, if the weapons that come with this booster pack can be used on normal servers?

anyone knows this with certain? seriously!

38. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2006, 07:14 Sphinx

I have seen the missile through tank bug a few times which is definitely a problem that I hope is addressed in the patch. All in all though, the game runs fine on my machine. More importantly, I think the G3 machine gun was tweaked a little cause it drops people extra fast now. I do enjoy that weapon a whole lot.  
http://www.sphinx-sanitarium.com

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo