Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: unblanked Mar 5, 2006, 04:11 Masa

I never could wrap my mind around equities either. Why some things work the way they do, yet others don't.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: unblanked Mar 5, 2006, 04:08 Awesome Spume

Boggles my brainbox that people can make a living by asking strangers for money to go shopping. I mean how do you even distinguish between an IPO like this with recognised figureheads and a scam?

I never could get my head around the whole equity thing. Google can lose 10% of its market value in a single day purely on public perception. It's all a big game of chicken with the slowest moving investors funding the rest.

Fair enough with established blue chip companies your shares represent a proportion of the company, its assets and its future profits. With these tech companies you're generally investing in an idea or a business practise whose fortunes can change in the blink of an eye, as we saw with the .com crash.

I was watching Life on Mars about a copper who goes back in time to 1973 and at one point he asks "what should I do?" "Buy stock in IBM!" I replied. But he ignored me.

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.gp32x.com/

3. unblanked Mar 5, 2006, 00:38 UnderLord

The site came good a short while ago.
This instance actually wasn't too bad, it was a copy of the whole original article.
It's the short pieces with the dreaded 'Full story here' links I can't see the point of directing readers to in the first place, why make hundreds click on through instead of one? (unless there's an advertising income attached, of course Blues has to make an income to survive).

2. Re: Very Blank blank cheque Mar 4, 2006, 20:33 Semantics

the entire article is there for me.

1. Very Blank blank cheque Mar 4, 2006, 20:21 UnderLord

Yet another Yahoo link that doesn't work for me (might be filtering, non-US restricted, who knows).
The thing is, can't you just stop posting links to these poser sites that carry a small part of a news story just to drum up forum traffic?
They're just irritating to have to wait for their content rubbish to load so you can click in the real story link to actually see what the whole story really says.
In this case:-
http://www.investors.com/editorial/IBDArticles.asp?artsec=17&artnum=1&issue=20060303
I found it as the very first hit by Googling 'Amelio Wozniak' (no quotes), faster than a Yahoo detour any day!

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo