Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion

This press release (thanks Ken) announces the completion of Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion and announces March 20 as the release date for both the PC and Xbox 360 editions of the eagerly anticipated next installment in Bethesda Softworks' RPG series. This information is also now reflected in The Elder Scrolls FAQ (thanks Richard). Here's a bit from the announcement:

Rockville, MD - March 2, 2006 - Bethesda Softworks® and 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that the highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ has gone to gold master and will be available in stores in North America and Europe during the week of March 20. Oblivion will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in both regular and collector's editions.

"Our most ambitious project ever is finally done," said Todd Howard, executive producer of Oblivion. "We're excited to get the game into everyone's hands and let them experience it for themselves. We hope they enjoy it. I think it's our best game yet."

Oblivion is an epic, open-ended single-player RPG for the next generation providing gamers with one of the most life-like gaming experiences to date. The powerful combination of unprecedented graphics and freeform gameplay allows gamers to unravel the main quest or explore the vast world at their own pace. Oblivion is the fourth chapter in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series that includes Morrowind® (2002 RPG of the year - Computer Gaming World), Daggerfall™ (1996 RPG of the year -- PC Gamer), and Arena (1994 RPG of the year - Computer Player).

View
212 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

212. Re: ohh yeah... Mar 23, 2006, 13:20 Halo

You can't really review the WHOLE game. The full review would come out next year lol.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

211. ohh yeah... Mar 20, 2006, 15:39 ShadyPete

just picked up Oblivion at my local EB.. and only 1hr of work left to go!! woohoo

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 15:40.

210. Re: ... Mar 8, 2006, 19:58 Gandhi

210! Woohoo!

Now back to Guild Wars

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ranger), Shiva Sung (Monk), Mangal Pandey (Necromancer), Rana Pratap Singh (Warrior)

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

209. Re: ... Mar 8, 2006, 17:00 Sepharo

It's not that he didn't like the game it's that he supposedly went out of his way to tell the gamers "the truth" and said the game had serious graphical issues. If he said "I don't like Oblivion, it ain't my type of game" ... That's just fine. But he said it looked terrible. And to be honest nobody knows if he's telling the truth or exaggerating yet because the game isn't out. The gaming media is still untrustable because someone has to be wrong, we have more than three different accounts of the game that don't match up... Who's right?

208. ... Mar 8, 2006, 09:59 theyarecomingforyou

Seriously, hasn't anyone considered the posibility that that review was negative simply to draw viewership to the blog? Had it been a positive review it would have been lost in the 20+ other positive previews and no one would have noticed.

Yeah, there's that... or they could just not like the game. Does everyone like McDonald's, or Coca Cola, or the remake of King Kong? No, so why the hell should it be any different for computer games? I'm more inclined to believe that they don't like the game than them creating a bad review to get more readers. It's entirely possible it was to get more readers, I just think it's stupid for fans to accuse every bad review of doing that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emotinomicon: Emoticons of the Dead

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

207. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2006, 21:29 Sepharo

You're a very smart man nightfend.

206. No subject Mar 6, 2006, 20:30 nightfend

Maybe once all the major game magazines and websites have reviewed the game, we can finally put that awful Wired Blog preview to rest.

Seriously, hasn't anyone considered the posibility that that review was negative simply to draw viewership to the blog? Had it been a positive review it would have been lost in the 20+ other positive previews and no one would have noticed.

205. Re: ... Mar 6, 2006, 01:44 Prez

Of course, a demo would give lots of people a good indication of how the game would run on their machine. Whether this would result in fewer sales or more of them, I have no idea.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

204. ... Mar 5, 2006, 20:09 theyarecomingforyou

there wasn't a demo for morrowind, so i doubt they'll have one for this one.

Yes, but this game has a lot more momentum and appeal - a demo could seriously improve sales (after the initial sales that will occur anyway), so I'd hope they change their mind. NEway, I know someone that is getting it so I'll check out how well their computer runs it - I've been waiting for a really good RPG for a long time... I just hope this is it.

203. Re: yay! Mar 5, 2006, 14:28 Creston

Just consolidate the tweaks in one big .reg file...one click 'bliss' after an install (well, for reg-tweaks, at any rate ).

That is a very good idea, but sadly my knowledge of things Windows doesn't extend very far into the Registry. So just the idea of figuring out what the dwords are for all those tweaks I'm doing, ugh...

Oh well, it's all done now. It would have gone a lot lot quicker had :

- Symantec not been the most useless fucking cunts this side of roaches.
- I didn't get some bit of supremely aggravating spyware torped onto my system by God only knows what, forcing me to eventually go back to a backup I'd done two hours earlier, and having to do ALLLLLL my tweaks all over again. At least I knew all of them by that time.

Creston

202. Re: ... Mar 5, 2006, 10:23 Semantics

there wasn't a demo for morrowind, so i doubt they'll have one for this one.

201. ... Mar 5, 2006, 10:07 theyarecomingforyou

I assume any demo would end up being around 1.5GB and probably not include the high-res textures... a demo would just be perfect but I don't blame then for not having a demo ready pre-launch (it's still a possibility but it seems unlikely).

200. Re: yay! Mar 5, 2006, 01:06 Tom

Ni!

199. Re: yay! Mar 5, 2006, 00:49 Prez

Cant...Quit...now...

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 00:57.

198. Re: yay! Mar 5, 2006, 00:43 Prez

197. Re: yay! Mar 5, 2006, 00:43 Prez

REACH...

196. Re: yay! Mar 5, 2006, 00:42 Prez

MUST...

195. Re: yay! Mar 4, 2006, 22:28 Prez

You forgot the ritual Riley summoning.

194. Re: yay! Mar 4, 2006, 21:40 Tumbler

So close to 200, would be a shame to let it come so close and not go over...
So...

Valve and Bethesda are secretly planning to release Oblivion for the pc via steam, but will not be telling anyone until release day. Upon release day gamers will be able to buy the game at local stores, but after they install it they will be shocked to find that the game will not run unless you connect to the internet and allow steam to download and reinstall the intire game via steam. (shouldn't take long unless the servers are busy...)

The 360 version will not have this "feature" so I suggest you buy that instead.

Mr. Pibb & Red Vines = Crazy Delicious

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

193. Re: yay! Mar 4, 2006, 21:24 MacD

Just consolidate the tweaks in one big .reg file...one click 'bliss' after an install (well, for reg-tweaks, at any rate :)).

212 Replies. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo