Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - RF Online

Codemasters announces that the successful Korean MMORPG RF Online has launched in the US and UK:

New York (Feb. 21, 2005) - RF Online, one of the Far East’s most successful massively multiplayer online games, is crossing over to the West as Codemasters announces it is now shipping the much-anticipated MMO to retail outlets in the U.S. and U.K.

RF Online (Rising Force Online) was created by and licensed from MMO publishers CCR, Inc. of South Korea, and delivers a supremely rich gaming experience that has already attracted more than 1 million players in the Far East since its launch last year, and currently thousands of gamers in the West, through the hugely popular Western BETA.

“Watching RF Online ship caps a major achievement for Codemasters Online Gaming,” said Ed Relf, Head of Marketing for Codemasters Online Gaming. “The beta test has been very well received and it’s a delight to be launching what is set to be one of the most anticipated MMO releases of 2006.”

With stunning in-game visuals and jaw-dropping character and environment detail, RF Online is an incredible next generation MMO game. It features a unique blend of magical fantasy mixed with futuristic science-fiction action and sees players engaging in the most epic battles ever seen in a MMO role-playing game.

Set in the deep space galaxy of Novus, RF Online allows players to pick from three all-powerful warring factions and lead his or her character into the final battle for control over the entire Novus galaxy.

RF Online delivers a unique approach to player versus player gameplay, utilizing one of the most advanced combat systems of any MMO title. Full-scale battles break out daily as thousands of players engage in deadly wars – the reward of victory is high: the winning race gains control of the game world’s most valuable mine and its precious resources.

Each race has its own characterization, with skills and abilities taken from both traditional fantasy and science fiction. Players can join the Bellato Union and take control of their incredible Mech battle units, the like of which has never been seen before in any MMO game.

Players can also choose to join the Holy Alliance Cora, a mystical and fantasy-orientated race or sign up to the mighty Accretia Empire, a futuristic robotic race intent on pillaging resources and spreading devastation across the entire Novus sector with their advanced weapon systems.

RF Online, rated T for Teen, carries an MSRP of $49.99 and includes one month’s free subscription with a monthly subscription thereafter of $14.99.

For more information, visit the official website www.codemasters.com/rfonline.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2006, 01:24 MindTrigger

Tried the recent beta. I laughed so hard at how bad it sucked, I could barely uninstall it.

-----
http://www.frappr.com/bluesnewsmembers
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"Did Doogie Howser just steal my f#cking car?"

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2006, 01:17 .Drifter

Uh, you right clicked on the hotbar to activate items, didn't need to use only function keys. Not defending the game, just saying.
Major issue for me was chat panel. Sucked rotten eggs.

16. No subject Feb 22, 2006, 21:04 Talisorn

The controls killed it for me. Why have a hotbar you can't click on to activate powers and have to use function keys instead? And no ability to remap your key config? Come on!

But if you can actually get past that LITTLE problem, move forward 20ft, grind one spot for a level, move forward another 20ft, grind that spot for a level. I'm amazed I made it to level 7.

This game stinks like last weeks underware.

15. Potion battes 2160 Feb 22, 2006, 16:13 Fausticle

The pvp in this game looked good but for one thing ...

whoever has the most potions wins.

That just destroyed pvp for me.

14. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2006, 15:29 Kxmode

That was fast. I got an advertisement from File Planet to join the beta test of this on the tenth. Smells like it's half baked.

MMOGs by their very nature are never 100%. Publishers release and patch with subscription cash.

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_driftwood.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

13. Never played... Feb 22, 2006, 15:23 Kxmode

I won't bash this game until I had a chance to try it. Unfortunately Codemasters doesn't want to offer a trial. I'm not forking over $50 since stores won't do MMOG returns.

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_driftwood.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

12. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2006, 11:32 DanL

Screenshots made it look promising. Oh well, I dont have time for MMOs anyway.

11. No subject Feb 22, 2006, 06:14 Nick Wilson

This game is a total piece of shit. Avoid at all costs.

10. Bugs Feb 22, 2006, 04:56 Swerv

Hmm I'm sure i got an email from RF Online Codemasters (wish I hadn't deleted it now) It basically said they'd fixed some important bug's during phase 1 like the login bug. Now they were moving into phase 2 of beta.

The next paragraph went on to say it was being shipped ready for release on March 10th.

Even the emails they send out to fans basically say the game isn't ready, only 1 and a half beta phases?

Are Codemasters are trying to ruin their image? (even more)

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 09:19.

9. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2006, 04:45 Anaardvark

Anyone want to buy my preorder from me? It's a great game, no really :P.

8. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2006, 02:20 John

The beta wasn't very long and there were different phases to it, so you may have been accepted to a later phase. I was accepted only about a week before it ended.

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N Going to finish game before I start a new character me thinks

This space is available for rent

7. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2006, 02:04 .Drifter

A LOT of bugs were left in the last days of beta, ones that were supposed to be corrected before end of beta but were not, and yet they suddenly WILL be corrected in retail.
Anyways, I honestly don't think Codemasters will have to do much to the game, overall, other than translate it into english and adjust drop/damage rates, at least from what I've read in their forums. All patching apparently comes from the Korean parent company, with translation and tweaking being all that codemasters is supposed to do. If I read what I read right.

6. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2006, 23:05 Hump

That was fast. I got an advertisement from File Planet to join the beta test of this on the tenth. Smells like it's half baked.

The betas that Fileplanet get from publishers are usually just final stress-tests and are more angled towards giving people a taste of the game prior to going live.

I played this through the early tutorial and it just didn't do it for me. Same old MMORPG shit with a new wrapper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

5. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2006, 22:18 Masa

They were having serious gameplay and technical problems not even a month ago and now the game is going live, not a shock, I suppose.

4. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2006, 22:17 LightBender

The grind is even worse (more boring) than L2. Especially post 30. Horrible environment graphics, (the character art is decent- that's why it's always the feature of screenshots, not the environment) less character customization than L2, mindless combat with only one or two powers for 30 levels = fun for Koreans, but crap for the rest of the world. PvP is interesting the first few chip wars but not enough substance to make you want to do it over and over. Imagine being stuck in Thidranki or Warsong Gulch forever fighting over the same ground and nothing changes.

Drilling holes in a rock is about as entertaining really. Definately an avoid at all costs for RPers or players looking for deep gameplay, immersion or a challenge.

If you must have a SCI-FI mmo... try Anarchy Online or EvE, they far surpass the overall quality of RF.

3. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2006, 22:10 asrof

It is lineage 2 as far as I'm concerned.

Korean games want to copy L2 just like Western games copied EQ and now will try to recreate their own 'better' version of WoW.

They were having serious gameplay and technical problems not even a month ago and now the game is going live, not a shock, I suppose. I don't think codemasters is really committed to the game and will probably drop it if the numbers don't do well enough, I certainly wouldn't buy it.

2. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2006, 21:59 SizzleChest

Whats the grind like in this game? If it is similar to Lineage II then no thanks, I already have a job.

1. No subject Feb 21, 2006, 21:50 asrof

If even half of the PR talk was true, this game would be great. Too bad it's all total bs.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo