Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Lockdown

Ubisoft announces that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Lockdown is shipping to stores, so apparently the latest installment in the shooter series is gold. The new trailer mentioned in the release is available on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying, and there is also a playable PC demo (story). Here's word:

TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX LOCKDOWN™ PC READY FOR RETAIL
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – February 13, 2006 — Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announces that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Lockdown™, the latest PC iteration of the award-winning tactical shooter is ready for retail and will be on store shelves across the U.S. on February 16th, 2006.

Ubisoft also released today a trailer focusing on the accessibility and tactical nature of the PC title along with five brand new screenshots.

The Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® franchise, hailed for its immersive single-player and multi-player experiences, continues with Lockdown as Team Rainbow, the world’s premier counter-terrorist unit, is called on to fight a deadly bioterrorism threat. The crisis takes Rainbow into new territory and new situations, as for the first time the hunter becomes the hunted.

All new features, specific to the PC, add to the tensest close-quarter battles ever experienced online. New features include:

• Enhanced Tactical Experience
Ø Deadlier enemies with improved tactics require quick and intense decision making. But move too fast and you’ll find the enemy waiting for you …
Ø Hostages that must be navigated through the level and accounted for during firefights. Keep them safe and get them out alive!
• New Multiplayer Features
Ø “Class Style” game play for multiplayer, allowing more specialization
Ø Multiplayer reward system
Ø New “Free-for-All” game type
Ø The return of three classic maps – 747, Mint and Bunkers
Ø Re-imagined missions, more challenging than ever before
Ø Re-vamped Rivalry Mode: Rainbow vs. Mercenaries, battling over three different objective types simultaneously. No two Rivalry matches play out exactly the same way!
• New Equipment
Ø Enemy use of Lock Fusers in single-player game play presents new challenges to the player
Ø Laser Trip Mines, virus grenades and C-4 explosives add new options to the multiplayer arsenal
• New Weapons and Attachments
Ø 20 new weapons – 42 overall
Ø Six brand new weapons never used before in a Rainbow Six game
Ø 14 fan favorites from franchise history
Ø Customize your weapon to suit your style of play: Silencers, scopes, red-dot sights, hi-cap magazines

For more information, please visit the official Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Web site at www.rainbowsixgame.com.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: more lost sales because of Starforce Feb 16, 2006, 16:14 nin

Hey UBI guess what game I just bought and didn’t buy? You got it I bought the new Star wars and didn’t not buy your piece of shit Starforce infested game. And I will continue to buy games that don’t have your piece of shit hardware crashing software in it. Too bad for the lost sales but you only have your selves to blame for this.

So you didn't not buy it? Way to psych 'em out there!

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. more lost sales because of Starforce Feb 16, 2006, 16:11 Darks

Hey UBI guess what game I just bought and didn’t buy? You got it I bought the new Star wars and didn’t not buy your piece of shit Starforce infested game. And I will continue to buy games that don’t have your piece of shit hardware crashing software in it. Too bad for the lost sales but you only have your selves to blame for this.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

27. Re: Starforce Feb 15, 2006, 10:09 xXBatmanXx

I would skip this due to the Starforce alone but especially after the so far bad reviews.

Edit
Wow what Irony!
They have created the perfect antipirate protection because no one whom is aware of the dangers of Starforce would even consider buying much less putting a free pirate version on their systems, LOL.

heh, I saw the game yesterday.
Looks cool....funny thing, they didn't purchase it.

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

26. Re: What!? Feb 15, 2006, 09:00 Ecthelion

Theres a review embargo until tommorrow I beleive but from what I've heard this is gonna get raked over the coals. Just reading forums from a few fansites and they are LIVID over how the gameplay has been changed.

I'm not really one to complain of "consolitis" - I don't bitch unless a port really didn't have any effort put into it. One example is Oblivion - many gamers are afraid it's been "consolized," but I'm still enthusiastic about it. Also, many ports have been pretty decent - KOTOR, Thief 3, etc. But this piece of junk is probably the most extreme case of dumbing-down I've ever seen. I can't think of another reason why they would change the combat. True, Rainbow Six games can be a pain in the ass because the AI's so good (I never finished Raven Shield, for example), but that was something that set them apart and made them interesting. Now that is gone, and the only thing left is the high-quality sounds. At least guns still sound believable.

Enter the Matrix was better than this. At least that had a cool storyline.

25. Re: What!? Feb 14, 2006, 01:18 MyRealName

Damn, Ubi, looks like a lot more lost sales due to Starforce. Stick that crap in Dark Messiah and you can forget that $50 as well.

Boycott Starforce - http://www.glop.org/starforce/

24. Re: What!? Feb 13, 2006, 22:05 Hump

They turned Rainbow Six into Rambo with this one. You can go charging into the enemy, and they can pump round after round into you and you won't die. That or they just miss - I wasn't able to figure out which it was in the 5 minutes I played before uninstalling the demo.

Theres a review embargo until tommorrow I beleive but from what I've heard this is gonna get raked over the coals. Just reading forums from a few fansites and they are LIVID over how the gameplay has been changed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

23. Meh Feb 13, 2006, 22:04 Kris Redbeard

Had high hopes, despite being in the hands of Ubisoft.
Then I played the demo.
Oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted.

Wouldn't have bought it anyway, because of StarForce. didn't buy Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for the same reason.

GG Ubi.
You won't be getting my money for this either.

GROUND BRANCH
Mature Classic Tactical First Person Shooter

22. Re: What!? Feb 13, 2006, 21:36 Ecthelion

They turned Rainbow Six into Rambo with this one. You can go charging into the enemy, and they can pump round after round into you and you won't die. That or they just miss - I wasn't able to figure out which it was in the 5 minutes I played before uninstalling the demo.

21. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2006, 21:27 Hump

Hey Hump blow it out of your ass

Hey! Hey! be nice buttercup...

Get used to it because this battle is just getting started and many gaming companies have already pulled out of the SF bullshit because of it problems

really? Thats weird because a rather large percentage of the over 18 recently released games currently on my system have some form of copy protection beyond a simple CD check (ie the ever evil Securom7 and Starforce). Companies gave early versions a wide berth because of major issues. That just isn't the case now. They wouldnt be in business if the old issues were still happening like they were.

Its assholes like you that live in total denial and its people like you why they keep trying to shove this type of shit down our throats because you are to fucking lame to do anything about it.

no, dude, I'm just a realist. Starforce and Securom7 works to stem the vast majority of casual piracy. Publishers are overjoyed with this turn of events and as long as it continues to work its going to be implemented. Personally I wish it didn't have to install anything other than the game but if the thing isn't doing any damage nor is it affecting performance I'm certainly not going to gibber and whine like a baby and threaten not to buy the game. 99% of the PC games sold are sold to people who don't even have a clue as to what copy protection is, never mind bitching about it enough to make the companies stop. But hey, maybe the fraction of 1% who contnue to rail against this might make a difference if you boycott it eh?

Let me knoww how that works out for you....

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 21:30.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

20. Re: Starforce Feb 13, 2006, 21:07 mr.domino

Wow tuff protection also. It takes 1 minutes to break starforce protection, shut down computer, open case door, unplug power to DVD drive, close door, start system back up. Game works!

Besides that this game isn't worth the $60.00 price tag, I would rather just go play CSS, then I'd be getting my money's worth, and what I'd want.

19. Re: Starforce Feb 13, 2006, 20:54 Acleacius

I would skip this due to the Starforce alone but especially after the so far bad reviews.

Edit
Wow what Irony!
They have created the perfect antipirate protection because no one whom is aware of the dangers of Starforce would even consider buying much less putting a free pirate version on their systems, LOL.
This comment was edited on Feb 13, 21:02.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

18. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2006, 19:47 Trashi Dawa

"Get used to it because this battle is just getting started"

Damn Darks, you are a regular freedom fighter. I wish you godspeed in your epic struggle against the evil cooperations.

17. uhhhh Feb 13, 2006, 19:17 WarPig

"Ø Hostages that must be navigated through the level and accounted for during firefights. Keep them safe and get them out alive!"

This doesn't sound very realistic.

16. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2006, 19:16 Darks

Hey Hump blow it out of your ass, Starforce is just that a fucking piece of shit copy protection that fucks with your system period. If you don’t want to hear about it then tough fucking shit for you. Get used to it because this battle is just getting started and many gaming companies have already pulled out of the SF bullshit because of it problems. Its assholes like you that live in total denial and its people like you why they keep trying to shove this type of shit down our throats because you are to fucking lame to do anything about it.

15. No subject Feb 13, 2006, 16:54 Hump

I never got into the R6 series but after playing this demo it seems they've streamlined the squad aspects nicely into a sort of Freedom Fighters type thing. Good chance I'll buy this.

Then the new Ghost Recon in a few weeks, then the BF2 EU update....lots of squad based goodness to be had

As long as this game or any others that have this piece of shit copy protection that screws with the hardware layer and leave you open to virus attacks is part of any games Ubi releases can go screw them selves I will not pay for a game that totally screws over your pc.

dude quit the melodramatic bullshit. SF is affecting very few systems to the extent guys like you want people to continue to beleive. Yes, when it first came out it was a fucking mess but since then its gotten much much better. Would it be better if it wasn't there? Absolutely but its quite clear it also works at curbing casual piracy and publishers will continue to use it.

Just like digital delivery such Steam, you can get upset, stamp your feet and throw tantrums all day long but its not going anywhere anytime soon.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 17:03.

- Jim Goad

14. No subject Feb 13, 2006, 16:44 xXBatmanXx

Was Raven Shield the one with the bank mansion at the beginning?

That one was fun. Multiple levels with multiple rooms and had to go to the basement to the vault.

Co-op in that one was really fun.

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13. Re: Starforce Feb 13, 2006, 15:59 Howin

OH NOES Starforce !!!

Run for the hills, woman and children first, it is the end of the world as we know it !

12. Starforce Feb 13, 2006, 15:41 Darks

As long as this game or any others that have this piece of shit copy protection that screws with the hardware layer and leave you open to virus attacks is part of any games Ubi releases can go screw them selves I will not pay for a game that totally screws over your pc. I love the R6 and Ghost games but Sorry I’m not buying into this crap nor will I support it which is what I hope everyone else does in protest to show Ubi and many other that use such a harmful copy protection that user will not tolerate their malicious practices at the expense of the users.
But for those of you that think there is nothing wrong with this copy protection just wait until you uninstall it a few times and it starts screwing with your OS and makes you pc run slower and slower over the next few months until you have to completely reload your windows XP.

11. Re: >.> Feb 13, 2006, 15:32 Koblizek

I'm betting most people who buy this will buy it for the Xbox/PS2. It definitely seems more suited to those platforms having tried the PC demo. It really makes me heartbroken actually. I loved R6, Rogue Spear, and especially Raven Shield. I really got into Raven Shield and enjoy the cool leaning toggle button controlled by the mouse, the graphics were fantastic, and they chnaged the mission planning phase to make it less intimidating, but still tactical. In fact, that was one of the greatest things about the previous game. The mouse driven command prompts. Oh well, at least we have SWAT 4 Sketchkov Syndicate, right?

10. Re: >.> Feb 13, 2006, 15:22 sir

Like a few others, I found it hard to be objective about the demo because of my experience of previous RB6 games. But I'll bet there are more than a few wet-behind-the-ears whippersnappers out there who thought the demo was cool and will be planning on buying this.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 15:23.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo