Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Infraworld Cancelled

The Quantic Dream Q&A on working-title is a Q&A with Quantic Dream COO Guillaume de Fondaumiere about various topics, learning along the way that Infraworld has been cancelled. Nothing has been heard of this project since it was first revealed last summer (story), and the brief answer to the question about the game indicates it failed to inspire interest from publishers.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Damn Feb 10, 2006, 16:47 Parallax Abstraction

Omikron 2 is currently in development. I like Indigo Prophecy, but the mini-games got kinda old after a while. Sure, they made the action scenes more intense, but when you are too busy focusing on timed key presses, you can't really appreciate the full glory of the scene at hand.

I had no idea about Omikron 2. That's awesome news, although I never beat the original. I should try to find a copy and get it working under XP. I have to agree about the "simon says" button mashing. I did have to try hard to stay focused on the action while doing those sequences. It also bugged me that they really seemed too easy. I think I only ever failed one and it didn't really affect anything. Still, except for the gimmicky bit at the end, it was a great example of story-telling through games.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
www.pxa.ca

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. No subject Feb 10, 2006, 16:40 Shadowcat

Sorry to hear about any dropped project from these guys. They have some genuine creativity in-house at Quantic Dream.

Definitely looking forward to Omikron 2. The original game was awesome.

5. Re: Damn Feb 10, 2006, 10:38 CreamyBlood

Agreed. I made it a few chapters in then realized I wasn't watching or playing the game, I was too focused on the 'simon says' thing or the timed interface at the top to actually get absorbed.

I'll save it for a time when I can get someone else to play it and I'll just watch so I can see what's going on...

4. Re: Damn Feb 10, 2006, 03:55 Chicken

Would of been one of my top games if it wasn't for the godamn button mashing sections, I really couldn't stand them at all.

3. Re: Damn Feb 10, 2006, 03:20 Jarek Forhanon

Omikron 2 is currently in development. I like Indigo Prophecy, but the mini-games got kinda old after a while. Sure, they made the action scenes more intense, but when you are too busy focusing on timed key presses, you can't really appreciate the full glory of the scene at hand.

2. Re: Damn Feb 10, 2006, 02:48 Awesome Spume

Didn't play it (button pounding mini-games dissuaded me cos of my carpal tunnel syndrome) but a couple of my guys with Xboxes tried it and they didn't like it. I figure it must be too "intellectual" for mass market appeal. A bit like all those critically acclaimed films that never make any money.

But what do I know. I still have Nomad Soul waiting to install.

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.gp32x.com/

1. Damn Feb 10, 2006, 01:22 Parallax Abstraction

That sucks. I hope QD's got something else in the works. Indigo Prophecy was very short and the story kind of got cooky near the end, but it was still a blast and a refreshing bit of innovation. I hope they can make enough money off it to at least fund their next project to publisher approval.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
www.pxa.ca

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo