Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Second most annoying thing about having a fax line is junk faxes for penny stocks that show up for no good reason. First most annoying thing is that the jerks that send these things choose to do so in the middle of the night to avoid someone actually picking up the phone.

Fax Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play: Weave your own Tartan. Plaid as you want to be.
Link: Virgin Atlantic Global Flyer Flight Tracker.
Stories: Spears defends baby car photos. Apparently getting your photo taken is the unsafe part.
Kiss of life makes Boo Boo the chicken better. Thanks Brian.
Science: A Bathroom That Cleans Itself.
Evangelical Leaders Join Global Warming Initiative (registration required).
Media: Guns On The Shopping Network.
Auction: eBay Evolving Away From Auction Roots.
Follow-up: A Young Bush Appointee Resigns His Post at NASA (registration required).
Teh Funny: UserFriendly.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Britney Spears Feb 9, 2006, 10:04 xXBatmanXx

She's still a dumb bitch. She talks about the child's safety, while doing the opposite and removing him from the one thing designed to keep him safe.

Wait a minute.

California.
Black windows in the back seats.
Car seat in back seat.

What was the reason the kid was on her lap again?

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Britney Spears Feb 9, 2006, 09:03 nin

...had paprazzi taking pics of her in a moving car so her instinct is to keep the kid safe by leaving it in her lap?

According to the story the paparazzi surrounded her SUV when her bodyguard went in to get her some coffee (apparently they don't have drive Starbucks where she lives); she said she placed the kid on her lap to protect him.

She's still a dumb bitch. She talks about the child's safety, while doing the opposite and removing him from the one thing designed to keep him safe.

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

34. Re: Britney Spears Feb 9, 2006, 01:11 Masa

...had paprazzi taking pics of her in a moving car so her instinct is to keep the kid safe by leaving it in her lap?

According to the story the paparazzi surrounded her SUV when her bodyguard went in to get her some coffee (apparently they don't have drive Starbucks where she lives); she said she placed the kid on her lap to protect him.

33. back to the other day Feb 9, 2006, 00:14 Warhawk

Sorry - beenout of town all day and finally got to look at the posts regarding the "Mary" thread.

Z, I posted a response:

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=64319&boardid=1&id=299363&start=40

Jeremy, I am so ready to take it to the next level.
Really?
Yeah. Do you want to watch me with another girl? How about those Brazilian twins we met at the ball game?

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

32. Faxes Feb 8, 2006, 23:41 ReverendTed

What was most irritating to me is the faxes I got at my home in the middle of the night, when I did not own and had never owned a fax machine.
I wasn't paying for caller ID at the time, and call blocking would cost several dollars a month even if I could get the source identified.

31. Re: Britney Spears Feb 8, 2006, 22:43 MeatForce

What did she think they were gonna do... physically dive into a moving car, swipe the kid and jump back out?

What a scoop!

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]; Gort Grimley [W/Ne]

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

30. Re: Britney Spears Feb 8, 2006, 22:31 mag

Hey man. Don't underestimate the press.

29. Britney Spears Feb 8, 2006, 21:27 Hump

"I instinctively took measures to get my baby and me out of harm's way, but the paparazzi continued to stalk us,"

Let me understand this, this stupid cunt had paprazzi taking pics of her in a moving car so her instinct is to keep the kid safe by leaving it in her lap? What did she think they were gonna do... physically dive into a moving car, swipe the kid and jump back out?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

28. No subject Feb 8, 2006, 21:14 Dev

Not only that but there's a federal law preventing the sending of unsolicited faxes. You can get money from someone who does.

27. Junk Fax Feb 8, 2006, 20:17 unaloony

I only get one or two per day, but, with the huge amount of stupid graphics, junk faxes eat about $50 worth of ink each year.

There's [is, see below] supposed to be a law making it illegal to send a fax that does not include the return fax number. Theoretically, you could use that number to fax back a request never to be faxed again. If you were to save your record, and still get faxes, then, theoretically, you'd have a lawsuit entitling you to recover attorney fees.

Oh wow, take a look at the 'junk fax law' http://www.keytlaw.com/faxes/tcpa.htm. Everything you wanted to know and more.

If anyone receives junk fax in Humobldt County, California, you can contact me (Esq.). Communicating me via email or otherwise does not cause you to become a client.

26. Blue Feb 8, 2006, 20:13 Creston

First most annoying thing is that the jerks that send these things choose to do so in the middle of the night to avoid someone actually picking up the phone

*69 (I believe) is your friend. I had a fucker who kept faxing me in the middle of the night, I bitched at the phone company about it, and they told me about that *xx number. I think it's 69. Been awhile.
I do believe they have to activate it for you, though.

Creston

25. Bush NASA appointee resigns Feb 8, 2006, 19:41 FourPak

Mr. Deutsch's resignation came on the same day that officials at Texas A&M University confirmed that he did not graduate from there, as his résumé on file at the agency asserted.
*boggle*

"background checks? Background Checks?!"
"We don need no steenking Background Checks!!!"

damn lucky this US Federal Government Employee wasn't a...
oh i don't know, maybe...
A TERRORIST YOU FCKING LOW GRADE MORONS!

alright everyone, let's get back to wiretapping grandma and sifting thru search engine requests for pr0n.
*mumble mumble worthlessgovernmentassclowns mumble*

24. Re: AK-47 Feb 8, 2006, 19:05 FourPak

but I actually feel sorry for those that are legitimate gun owners in Kalifornia
*cries* yup, they don't let us have ANY fun guns out here, not even semi-auto.

As for pistols, seems like EVERY time i go to the range and watch guys in the lanes next to me i think "if someone ever tries to kill me i hope they try it with a gun", most people are All Over the paper even at 15 feet.

Which reminds me of a
funny as hell Tales From The Range story i saw happen:
A guy walks to his lane with a brand new Colt Gold Cup National Match .45 he just purchased from the store that's attached to the range. He loads up, runs the target out to the 50 Foot marker and proceeds to put holes randomly all over the target with no visible groups.

After several more magazines and no improvement he walks out to the store, brings back the manager to his lane, and complains that his brand new Very Expensive target pistol is defective.

The manager briefly checks the gun, puts up a new target, loads up a magazine, runs the target All The Way Out to the 25 Yard line , proceeds to fire 6 rounds in 6 seconds, brings the target back and all 6 are in the black center ring (3" diameter?). He just smiles and says 'gun's fine, you just gotta practice'.

I wasn't too surprised with the manager's performance cuz in talking with him several times before in the store i'd noticed that the thumb-finger webbing of his right hand was just a MASS of scar tissue from the many years he'd spent as a local amateur .45 competition shooter. (due to hammer/grip/slide ergonomics older .45's had the tendancy to 'bite' the web of your hand on recoil, scarring was a telltale sign of a Colt shooter, kinda like callouses on the fingers of guitar players.)

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 19:19.

23. Re: Go back Feb 8, 2006, 18:50 Zathrus

then hit my Go Back one page button, it always puts me about half a page lower than where I was originally.

I'm reasonably sure it's because of the huge ass Flash ads on Blue's (as DeaderMeat said). It's also appears to be due to an issue in the Flashback feature in Firefox 1.5 -- it didn't occur prior to that. If it really bugged you you could disable Flashback (which would make navigating using the forward/back buttons slower, since they wouldn't be pre-rendered anymore), or just open stuff in tabs.

If you really want it fixed, go vote for this bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=311498 -- I filed it back during the 1.5 betas.

It annoys the crap out of me too, but Adblock Plus has made it slightly better.

22. Re: AK-47 Feb 8, 2006, 17:39 MeatForce

Actually, I don't think it is either is it? (too lazy to google)

I'm lazy too.

But notice I chose to write "a" instead of "the" before the word "leader", thus causing complete coverage of my ass

I don't know where it ranks specifically as of 2006, but it is right up there with the 'elite' in both those spheres.

Carry laws are even worse. Have to qualify with each gun you want to carry, and can only have 2 (or 3?) registered for carry at a time.

So fuckit and just don't carry it concealed like a sissy. No statutes prohibiting that! (just don't accidentally wander onto any schoolyards/campuses)

And besides.. anyone who needs to conceal more than one handgun at a time clearly needs more practise in the delicate art of choosing handguns to conceal and carry

-----

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

21. Re: AK-47 Feb 8, 2006, 17:07 xXBatmanXx

Well that's comforting! Wouldn't want guns to be expensive in a state that's already a national 'leader' in the areas of homicide and alcohol consumption

Actually, I don't think it is either is it? (too lazy to google)
They have some seriously strict registration laws on handguns though.
Carry laws are even worse. Have to qualify with each gun you want to carry, and can only have 2 (or 3?) registered for carry at a time.

(but I actually feel sorry for those that are legitimate gun owners in Kalifornia)

FUNGS 53

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 17:20.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

20. Re: AK-47 Feb 8, 2006, 16:55 MeatForce

But in Nevada, omg, they are hell-a-cheap.

Well that's comforting! Wouldn't want guns to be expensive in a state that's already a national 'leader' in the areas of homicide and alcohol consumption

-----

-----

19. Re: AK-47 Feb 8, 2006, 15:58 xXBatmanXx

The one I just got is Romanian. Cost me $400 and I purchased the power custom trigger for $80, there is a bad snap back in these models.

I buy from Gunbroker and Auctionarms, but here in MA (I am in the US) it is illegal to import an "assault weapon" from another state. So I pay about $100 more to buy locally.

But I am getting 3' groups at 100 yards. In CS I am lucking to get one shot in at 100 yards, I prefer the M4.

That is a bummer. Here in MN we can do almost anything. We also have a lot of gun shows. But I can't buy while I am in Wisconsin *cheaper guns* (wink) unless it is a "gift" from a family member. Otherwise I have to pay the FFL Transfer fee. Really isn't a big deal, as guns are fairly cheap in MN. But in Nevada, omg, they are hell-a-cheap.

FUNGS 53

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 16:33.

18. Re: Junk Fax Feb 8, 2006, 15:55 xXBatmanXx

• Well, in the house I grew up in (we'll say 1980), you could dial your own number, hang up the phone, and it would ring like you had an incoming call until someone, somewhere in the house picked up the receiver.

That's right, I kind of remember that, I guess if that was possible and you had two extensions they could talk back and fourth. I wouldn't know though, we had the 'ol single rotary dial phone in the kitchen like everybody else. I mean, two phones in one house? What's next, two bathrooms in one house? Our name isn't Rockefeller!

• Ah yah! I forgot about that. It was always a fun trick to play on siblings.

FUNGS 53

17. Re: Junk Fax Feb 8, 2006, 15:49 nin

That's right, I kind of remember that, I guess if that was possible and you had two extensions they could talk back and fourth. I wouldn't know though, we had the 'ol single rotary dial phone in the kitchen like everybody else. I mean, two phones in one house?

Zactly. As long as the second person picked up before the first person hung up, the two could talk, over the phone w/o the dial tone being present. edit: Or at least thats how it worked in my neighborhood.

Now granted, thats kinda questionable "movie logic"...how many times did the baddie call downstairs and not pick up the phone on his end quick enough?

I have NO IDEA if that's how they explained it in the original (1970s?) movie, but that was my guess, when I heard of it years ago...

--------------------------------------------------------------
    GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/
    This comment was edited on Feb 8, 15:50.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo