Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII PC

Ubisoft announces plans for a PC edition of Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII:

London, UK - February 8, 2006 - Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers announced that the action-filled flight combat game Blazing Angels(tm) Squadrons of WWII will also be released for the PC in March 2006.

"Blazing Angels has impressed us all on Xbox and Xbox 360, and now we're proud to be able to take it another step further and show how incredible it is on PC," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. "Ubisoft Romania will prove to the market the tremendous capabilities and power of the PC and Media Center PC in high quality gaming."

In Blazing Angels(tm) Squadrons of WWII for the PC, players test their air-combat skills as they experience the most famous battles of World War II. As a squadron leader, players can fly up to 40 WWII aircraft in both single-player and multiplayer missions. Advancing a great line of graphical and technological features along with a very intuitive interface, Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII for the PC provides PC gamers a combat experience in true World War II battles sites such as England, Germany, France, Morocco, Pearl Harbor, Midway and Tokyo.

Special Features from this DVD version will include:

- Heartpounding single-player campaigns - Over 18 missions grouped into a compelling historical battle campaign. Over 10 missions in standalone modes (Mini-campaign, Arcade and Ace Duel)
    - Thrilling multiplayer combat - Sixteen player online and LAN play in 10 game types (Dogfight, Aces High, Seek & Destroy, Onslaught, Bombing Run, Kamikaze, Historical Missions and Capture the base) in three multiplayer modes (Solo, Co-op and Squadron)
    - Innovative graphical features - Amazing detail featuring 8,000-10 000 polygons/plane and over 70 planes in the sky. Incredible cityscapes delivering street level detail with accurate models. Over 150,000 high-res graphical objects in each city, with over 80 unique elements per city featuring huge textures, for example 512x4096 per building.
    - Over 40 flyable High Definition authentic-looking planes - Over 50 High resolution plane models (8,000 -10 000 polygons per plane). Usage of large textures for the planes (1024x1024=4Mb of texture per plane). Other exciting features include multiple plane skins and nose-art, and destruction details for each plane model and specular mapping
    - Static Buildings (I need some marketing help here, this needs a more compelling description) - Great model variety, with over 80 unique models per location. High resolution and 3D detail for over 600 building models. All buildings have multiple damage levels and feature high-resolution specular maps
    - Detailed vehicles and 3D modeled people - High resolution and 3D detail for over 40 vehicle models, and all vehicle models have damage levels. Each 3D modeled person has over 10 animated movements.
    - Impressive Sound features - Hear all the combat excitement with the 48 KHz high quality sampled sound and up to 64 3D sound sources 5.1 compatible

Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII for the PC is scheduled for release in March 2006. For more information and updates, please visit www.blazing-angels.com/uk/

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. *whew* Feb 8, 2006, 16:35 xXBatmanXx

I wasn't the only one scrolling quickly and happen to see "Blazing Saddles" fly by the main screen. That would have been kind of crazy.

Gave me a good laugh at the thought though.

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. No subject Feb 8, 2006, 08:34 Optimaximal

OHH NOES!!! TEH WWII ARCADE FLIGHT SIM IS TEH BACK!!!

10. No subject Feb 8, 2006, 05:01 Eye 4N Eye

Blazing Angels......

I want "Blazing Saddles".....sitting around the campfire eating beans....BRRRAAAAAAP!!!.....oh excuse me

Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

9. Re: Flight Model? Feb 8, 2006, 04:36 Charlie_Six

I miss Crimson Skies. Sniff!
I think this is more like uhhh Heroes of the Pacific or Secret Weapons over Normandy, though. Which stinks! Never played Heroes, but SWON was pretty lame.

I just played some Ace Combat 5 for PS2 and am really enjoying it. Even though it's not realistic at all, it's pretty fun. It's like the Call of Duty of flight sims. Cinematic battles, etc. I wish we could get a realistic flight sim that came with scripted action sequences.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 04:46.

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

8. Re: Flight Model? Feb 8, 2006, 04:03  cliffski 

you just did a better PR job than they did. As though anyone cares how big a publisher ubisoft is?
The big question on games like this is - is there a demo? if its out in march, there should be a dmeo real soon, no amount of poorly written PR is as good as a fun playable demo

www.positech.co.uk

http://www.positech.co.uk

7. Re: Flight Model? Feb 8, 2006, 03:34 Jarek Forhanon

Just so you know, this isn't a flight sim. It has unrealistic physics and is more akin to Crimson Skies than anything else. That said, the game has some great ambience and style. Should be a decent romp.

6. Re: Flight Model? Feb 8, 2006, 02:40 Shadowcat

Not a word about the flight model or game physics
Well not directly, but...
action-filled flight combat game
Over 40 flyable ... planes
Now admittedly there have been some series such as Fighters Anthology and IL-2 Sturmovik which feature even more flyable aircraft than this (substantially more, in fact), and one of them (IL-2) even has pretty damned good realistic flight modelling to go with them, but these are the exceptions, and such vast numbers of flyable aircraft took many years to create. I think it's safe to say that a new "action-filled flight combat game" with "Over 40 flyable planes" is bound to be arcade-style

5. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2006, 02:22 Shadowcat

Somebody at Ubi's going to get his ass kicked tonight I think.
Exactly what I was thinking

Hilarious!

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 02:24.

4. Flight Model? Feb 8, 2006, 02:16 Cage

Heh. Not a word about the flight model or game physics. I know it's probably arcade like, but one could always hope.

3. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2006, 02:15 John

He needs more help than just a compelling description for Static Buildings. Most of his feature descriptions could use some work. Impressive sound features? 3D modeled people? I'd like to know what a High Definition plane is. Is that anything like HDTV?

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N Going to finish game before I start a new character me thinks

This space is available for rent

2. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2006, 01:14 Charlie_Six

lol never seen that before.

I hope this game is good. Never tried Heroes over the Pacific. Demo wouldn't install, and the reviews gave it a ho-hum impression.

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

1. No subject Feb 8, 2006, 00:41 luthier1

Who the hell released that crap?

Static Buildings (I need some marketing help here, this needs a more compelling description)

Somebody at Ubi's going to get his ass kicked tonight I think.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo