Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mac UT2004 Patch

As noted in Ryan Gordon's .plan, new Universal Binaries and the Epic Mega Pack for the Macintosh edition of UT2004 can be found on icculus.org. Word is: "The 3369.2 patch for Mac OS X is now available. There are some fixes, but the biggest changes are the presence of Universal Binaries and the inclusion of the Epic Mega Pack. There is no Windows nor Linux 3369.2 patch at this time, as these issues were specific to the Mac port."

View
13. Re: No subject Feb 5, 2006, 14:04 ViRGE

I'd imagine it's somewhere in between. For the x86 version you could steal the SSE/SSE2 optimizations not related to anything Windows-specific(i.e. any functions that aren't API related) and plug that directly in to the Mac version, so already having a Windows version is certainly a benefit. While I'd imagine they could compile a version without any platform specific optimizations(and hence make for easy UB porting), I doubt they did that in this case, the resulting application would be too slow.

Once someone can through together a Core Duo system similar to the iMac, I'm sure we'll see some benchmarks comparing the two, at which point we'll see just how optimized the OSX/x86 version is. Kudos to Ryan Gordon though, he really does a great job on all this alternate-OS ports.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 4, 16:33 changes fds
  2. Feb 4, 16:49  Wow... necrosis
  3. Feb 4, 20:45 No subject Sho
  4. Feb 4, 23:07  Re: No subject sponge
  5. Feb 4, 23:29   Re: No subject John
  6. Feb 4, 23:33   Re: No subject necrosis
  7. Feb 4, 23:43    Re: No subject random.thought
  8. Feb 5, 00:21     Re: No subject sponge
  9. Feb 5, 00:37      Re: No subject nin
  10. Feb 5, 09:17 No subject space captain