Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Farm 51 Grows

The Farm 51 Website is live as home to a newly formed development studio. Here's word on what they've got going on, including an upcoming game using the Painkiller engine:

A new games developer company has been founded in Poland by four veterans of virtual entertainment: Radomir Kucharski (working previously in 2015, Inc. on Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and Men of Valor: Vietnam), Wojtek Pazdur and Kamil Bilczynski (both working before in People Can Fly on Painkiller franchise), and Robert Siejka, ex President 3D Magazine.

The team is called The Farm 51, and today counts 20 members, enthusiasts who were previously working on such titles as: Mortyr II, Odium, Another War, Robo Rumble, Top Gun DS, Blades Of Thuner I and II, Payback, Cold Zero: No Mercy, Max Payne 2, Project Starfighter and Archangel.

Actually we are working on three new titles – first of them is an innovative first person horror, using highly enhanced Painkiller technology. It will be available on PC and X360 platform. Two other projects are games for Nintendo DS platform.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Feb 3, 2006, 21:40 OneEye

shadowcat hits it on all points. No one had ever heard of dice or io either...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Feb 3, 2006, 17:45 Hump

Mortyr 2 is actually a big improvement on the first one; it could actually be called 'competent.'

Agreed. For a budget shooter Mortyr 2 wasn't all that bad.

Yakuza: "Painkiller" is hardly considered a "mediocre" game. Matter of fact i'll put it above anything both iD and Raven have come out with in the past 5 years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

6. Re: Feb 3, 2006, 17:29 Shadowcat

If this was a company founded by John Carmack, Peter Molyneux, Will Wright and Warren Spector than it would get some attention
Yes, only companies comprised of industry legends can make good games.
An FPS based on the Painkiller engine, no matter how advanced, will not be innovative at all, because Unreal 3 engine will be out and proliferated by then.
Correct again. The simple existence of another game engine will stifle all creativity at this company; innovation is physically impossible for them. Curse you, Unreal!
And what's the point of producing a horror fps when BioShock will be released probably around the same time (speculation)
A hat-trick! Game-starved fans of horror FPSs most certainly do not want more than one new game in the market. God, would that ever suck.
System Shock 2, which is the greatest game ever made.
Fixed that for you.

I just hope their enhancements to the Painkiller engine include fixing the loading times. Longest level loads I've ever experienced, even when re-loading the level you were already in.

5. No subject Feb 3, 2006, 17:26 Masa

Oh, I don't know. Mortyr 2 wasn't half bad, definitely an overal improvement above the first.

As for Bioshock. I'll believe it when I actually lay my hands on it that it's the true spiritual sequel to SS2. They're essentially having to establish a whole new universe and whole new cast of characters. SHODAN doesn't even need an introduction anymore.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 17:26.

4. Re: Feb 3, 2006, 16:01 Elf Shot The Food

Mortyr 2 is actually a big improvement on the first one; it could actually be called 'competent.'

Most of those other games were obscure and/or Euro-only releases.

3. Re: Feb 3, 2006, 15:09 Yakuza

None of those guys are veterans. They all worked on mediocre to merely decent games of various genres across the last 5 years or so. Oh, and a games magazine. Whoop-de-doo.

If this was a company founded by John Carmack, Peter Molyneux, Will Wright and Warren Spector than it would get some attention, but who the hell is going to care about this crap? An FPS based on the Painkiller engine, no matter how advanced, will not be innovative at all, because Unreal 3 engine will be out and proliferated by then. And what's the point of producing a horror fps when BioShock will be released probably around the same time (speculation), and on all accounts it will be based on the same principles as System Shock 2, which is the greatest game ever made.

I think I'm too fucking bored today. I should do some work.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 15:14.

2. Re: Feb 3, 2006, 13:53 Rseman

Can't speak for any of those games..... however, if Mortyr 2 is any relation to Mortyr and I'm going to assume it is, this doesn't bode well for a triple-a title.... Came out around the time of Quake 3 and was a rip off of Wolfenstein.

I know of Max Payne, of course:P

1. Eh Feb 3, 2006, 11:37 Tango

Why have I only heard of Max Payne 2 in that list?

Edit: And Mortyr II. But I wouldn't have included that myself
This comment was edited on Feb 3, 11:37.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo