Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Tomb Raider: Legend Date

This Press Release offers a release date for Tomb Raider: Legend, saying the PC, Xbox, and PS2 editions of the seventh adventure of Lara Croft is due in Europe on April 7 and North America on April 11. Word is the Xbox 360 and PSP editions are due "shortly after."

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2006, 19:48 Prez

I was wondering that myself. If there was a demo, I'd have tried it immediately.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2006, 17:44 Optimaximal

It looks great and the demo plays great.
Did I miss something or are you trolling?

19. No subject Feb 3, 2006, 11:58 Chipper

well, a demo is apparantly coming out sometime soon so we shall see..  
Gather 'round children and i'll tell you a tale,
Of chipper the ripper the chipmunk from hell

18. No subject Feb 3, 2006, 11:57 Chipper

whoops

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 11:58.

17. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2006, 11:08 Prez

A whole new engine, a whole new developer and a return to the Tomb Raiding of the title, and you all still fucking bitch...

Admittedly, all of the screenshots and previews give the impression that this game is going to be good. But I got the same feeling when I saw the TR:AoD screens and previews, and that ended up being a near disaster. No one wants a TR game to revitalize the TR name more than I do, but this series has long since stopped being a quality franchise, and even the most die-hard Lara fans have become skeptical.

I'm going to wait until the game ships and some unbiased reviews are released. In this case, a demo would be highly advisable. A GOOD demo. If the release ends up being solid, I'll buy it; if it stinks, it'll be par for the course for what once was my favorite game series.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 11:10.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2006, 09:44 jm0ris0n

Hooray for flash free websites !

We'll see...I am now optimisticly hopeful

15. No subject Feb 3, 2006, 08:50 Chipper

Well, its one of the best game websites out there, at least they appear to be spending time on what they are doing :P.

edit:
talking about this one :
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/index.html

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 10:14.

14. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2006, 08:07 Robo3k

It looks great and the demo plays great.
So I hope the rest of the game lives up, if so it is back to glory for ms. Croft

13. No subject Feb 3, 2006, 05:39 Optimaximal

A whole new engine, a whole new developer and a return to the Tomb Raiding of the title, and you all still fucking bitch...

At least the UK is getting it before the stinking US of A this time, just like a British game should be

12. No subject Feb 3, 2006, 05:28 vacs

Honestly, I can't wait for this game. I'm sick of those WW2 shooters and in desperate need of a fun action-adventure game somewhere in the jungles or caves of a lost civilization.

Go Lara!

11. Re: toom raida Feb 3, 2006, 03:35 Zoomboy27

...I even think I can almost see a bit of a cameltoe going on: awesome

LOL Slightly different I think from the psychological "Uncanny Valley" of realism

10. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2006, 03:23 Jarek Forhanon

25 to life and boob raider could combine to form the ultimate piece of crap 2006 game.

What's with all the hostility? From what I've seen and read thus far, the new TR looks like it could be good fun. Keep in mind that Core is no longer developing it and that Crystal Dynamics has taken over the reigns (no stranger to puzzles and platformers). I'm hoping this game redeems the series.

9. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2006, 01:51 Prez

If this TR game is any good I'll be amazed. Here's hoping to being pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: Plus the polygon count and detail level on Lara is now so high I even think I can almost see a bit of a cameltoe going on: awesome.

Stop it - you're starting to scare me...

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 01:52.

- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2006, 23:57 AcidDrone

25 to life and boob raider could combine to form the ultimate piece of crap 2006 game.

7. No subject Feb 2, 2006, 23:39 Masa

Bleh, I kind of liked her as a goth chick, or whatever the hell they had her painted up the last couple of games. Actually, she looked she had a really bad frat night in those days.

6. Re: Blah Feb 2, 2006, 23:18 OneEye

Let's all hope it is as good as 25 to Life!

5. Re: VO's Feb 2, 2006, 22:56 Elf Shot The Food

"Anyone know who is doing the voice overs for Lara in this one?"

Rachel Weisz.

4. VO's Feb 2, 2006, 22:48 Icewind

Anyone know who is doing the voice overs for Lara in this one?

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 23:26.

3. Technology Feb 2, 2006, 22:05 Sho

Hm, technology-wise it's pretty damn impressive they got one and the same application to scale from the PSP to the Xbox 360.

Although it does look like the higher-end versions simply enable gratuitous shading effects, i.e. in the Xbox 360 shots, the protagonist's skin looks like plastic, in the PS2 shots it's the old-style plain texture look*. Can't say the plastic look is better.

* See here = http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/index.html

2. Blah Feb 2, 2006, 21:54 MuzixMon

"The BITCH is back!!" again...and...again...and...again...

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo