Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TimeShift Demo

The demo for TimeShift is now available, offering the promised sample of Saber Interactive's upcoming 4D shooter. Word is: "The demo includes one full level of the game, where you must use your timeshifting powers to infiltrate the perimeter of a heavily guarded building to meet an important rebel contact on the top floor." The demo premieres on GameSpot (registration required), and mirrors of the 575 MB download are available on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, 4players.de, AOL Games, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games, Download.com, eXtreme-Players.de, Filecloud, FileFront, FileNuts,Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

View
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

56. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2006, 12:29 nomar

Dammit Janet!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Any torrent site left? Jan 31, 2006, 11:09 Beamer

I got the impression that wasn't the producer himself, considering it was a cut-and-paste from another board, and had the message "please cut and paste this onto other boards" in it.

-------------
Doomriders: the first new band worth a signature - http://www.deathwishinc.com/

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

54. Any torrent site left? Jan 31, 2006, 07:25 MrJonesPY

I wonder if there is any site left that uses bittorrent for downloads? Since filerush no longer does that, and 3dgamers only have torrents for a few demos, what are our options? Thanks

53. Re: First Impressions....NOT too bad! Jan 31, 2006, 00:36 John

Its funny how different peoples opinions can be.

Anyways, demo wasn't bad. The game didn't run really smooth like some others have said, but I didn't bother with modifying the detail settings much either. Would like to be able to disable the auto-save feature.. if thats not already an option.

The time-shifting is pretty cool, graphics are fine (just should be smoother), and the weapons I've seen so far aren't bad. I like how you can use each weapon in melee like Halo.

Edit: Oh, one other thing.. I have two monitors running in dualview mode, and for some reason the game runs in my secondary monitor instead of the primary, as every other game/application does. That was kinda annoying.

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N Going to finish game before I start a new character me thinks
This comment was edited on Jan 31, 00:57.

This space is available for rent

52. Valzante = FF Jan 31, 2006, 00:31 Kenny Arinson

Why are you so critical of a small demo that you are willing to insult the producer who has taken the time to post on this site? I happened to have liked the demo a lot although it was short and clearly from early in the game (too short and too easy)

Before being critical of others, take a look in the mirror. Pezman is busting his ass on this title and you make flippant remarks. My suggestion is you keep your obnoxious comments to yourself and remove those pictures of you from your website. Anyone that sees them will not take you seriously.. FF = well you figure it out you F@T F@@K

51. Re: First Impressions....NOT GOOD! Jan 30, 2006, 22:50 jm0ris0n

Mystic, thanks for coming in here and posting ! Because of you I might actuall try this demo.

Hump, that joystick thing frankly looks scary to me !

50. Re: First Impressions....NOT GOOD! Jan 30, 2006, 22:35 Hump

That's kinda cool, Hump..

yah, once you get used to it you actually have access to a larger number of bindable keys without having to stretch your fingers much (it cuts down on hand fatigue too). The only downsides is that the mechanicals inside are a bit delicate and tend to break after several months of heavy use (I buy them by the half dozen ;P) and that company is the only one in North America that sells 'em.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

49. Re: First Impressions....NOT GOOD! Jan 30, 2006, 22:07 nin

actually I have a reason to use them. I use one of these:

http://www.vetrol.com/business/amr.htm

That's kinda cool, Hump...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

48. My eyes, they're burning Jan 30, 2006, 22:05 jason_deluxe

Pezman,

You have an unenviable job I'll grant you that.

One of the posters here compared this to Breed, but I frankly feel that is being overly charitable, this feels EVEN worse than that digital jesters thing....anyone remember wtf that was called?....oh yeah bet on soldier...at least that had a sort of discriminating reticle (if I drank half a case of pabst).

Like the emotional 8 year old I am I usually rant about games like this but the worst thing I can say is I REALLY feel bad for everyone involved in this mess.

47. Re: Reminds me of BREED Jan 30, 2006, 21:41 Hump

Timeshift feels just like Breed to me.

OMG Timeshift is nowhere near as bad/disappointing as Breed was. Breed was the poster child for a game with high expectations but horrific end product. CDV, the publisher, dropped the original devs and used some Ukrainian sweatshop to finish it up with the expected results.....a mess.

This isn't great but it could be cleaned up and with fun MP could be somewhat decent.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

46. Reminds me of BREED Jan 30, 2006, 20:48 Tumbler

After firing this game up and finishing the demo I'm reminded of another demo called Breed. I recall reading something about it and being excited about trying the demo, someone compared to Halo or something, and after a few minutes of playing it it was obvious things just didn't work well.

Timeshift feels just like Breed to me. The game was very jumpy and extremely difficult to get used to. The gameplay is very dependent on you using that time controls constantly and it takes the excitement away imo, there are things i like, stopping time and blasting someones head leaves a cloud of blood, and the audio commentary, that is constantly going, is humerous. The game just feels off. Really buggy and jumpy.

Breed got a 4.2/10 and this one seems to be on the same track if they can't smooth out the gameplay.

Mr. Pibb & Red Vines = Crazy Delicious
This comment was edited on Jan 30, 20:50.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

45. TimeShift Jan 30, 2006, 20:45 Sacrifice

I liked the demo, even though it was rather short (10-15 minutes). I didn't have any problems with installation or chopiness. The graphics and sound are good. The time manipulation does add an interesting twist to the FPS gameplay.

I did get killed a few times while testing the three different time manipulations. That was a little annoying, the level doesn't ease you into it very smoothly.

I might get the full game, though I will wait until I read a few reviews.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 20:47.

"In questions about good and bad, we ought not to follow the opinion of the many, but the opinion of the one who has understanding."

44. Re: First Impressions....NOT GOOD! Jan 30, 2006, 20:06 Hump

Bah, don't be pussy and use the damn WSAD keys instead of those wussy arrow keys.

actually I have a reason to use them. I use one of these:

http://www.vetrol.com/business/amr.htm

using WASD turns my hand numb after a short time. Not sure if its a carpal tunnel related thing or what but thats the deal.

EDIT:

The demo was split from the full version code base in early December and it was finished the week of Christmas. Since then the team has been working hard to improve the visuals, gameplay, AI, sound, and storyline behind the title. I am currently in Russia with the team where we have been making great improvements to all aspects of the game from better hit detection, to advanced AI chaining

I really hope so my friend. A LOT of people were looking foward to this, Atari did a decent job (surprisingly) of promoting it but this demo is disastrous from a PR perspective if one goes by some of the larger gaming forums around the net. Do you personally feel this is representative of the game you'll be releasing? If not why would you and Atari approve it for distribution?

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 20:17.

- Jim Goad

43. No subject Jan 30, 2006, 20:00 Icewind

Hope they fix some of these bugs before release. The gun models weren't bad though.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 23:53.

42. No subject Jan 30, 2006, 19:50 StealthR6

Tested on other system w/ X-fi and the game ran smooth as silk. Though the hardware is slightly faster I went back to try a few things w/ other system.

mouse lag update: after trying setting 28 it wasnt so bad, but I did notice mouse lag when set to 67. I dont care for slow moving mouse settings so I always bump up the speed. Once set back to default the mouse felt better but slow. Maybe something to look into w/ higher mouse speed settings. This is usually the first thing I do to any new game is bump up the default slow speed of the mouse.

2 crashes on DDL (Dolby Digital Live/Cmedia 8768+) system (blue screen, and then reboot, note this was the first 2 times this system has crashed EVER!), 0 crashes on X-fi system.

Still choppy w/ first system and unstable. Set video to default and helped but wasn't nearly as smooth as it should be.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 19:50.

41. Re: No subject Jan 30, 2006, 19:20 human

I used their recommended auto-settings and still get mouselag on a P4 3Ghz / 9700 setup. Overall, a stinker. Interesting idea with bad writing and bad implementation. They tried to go hardcore and use a lot of expletives like SH!T and M0THERFUCKER! and so on, but it's just hackneyed. I kind of doubt anyone who just got shot in the face is going to have the presence of mind to yell 'FUCK!@#!!!'

Of course that's just a minor quibble. The main problem is the mouse lag. If I can play HL2 on this machine I sure as hell should be able to play some crap like this. But no. With the laggy mouse you feel like you're playing drunk.

40. Re: First Impressions....NOT GOOD! Jan 30, 2006, 19:17 Fantaz

You're doing a great job Pezman! We know demos are sometimes rushed with lots of bugs that doesn't resemble the final product, and appreciate reading detailed summarys on fixing certain bugs. So keep working hard and don't let the cold there freeze development.

39. Re: No subject Jan 30, 2006, 19:05 nin

Nice of the devs to pop in and give some assistance. (Mystic)

Very...Green tag!

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

38. No subject Jan 30, 2006, 18:56 MuzixMon

Nice of the devs to pop in and give some assistance. (Mystic)

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

37. comments Jan 30, 2006, 18:49 StealthR6

comments on the mouse: it feels like there is some auto mouse smoothing goning on. When I stop moving the mouse keeps moving slightly until it stops. I use a Logitech G5 w/ latest drivers/firmware and no other game does this.

framerate: if I spin around it feels like I'm getting 60fps+ but if I move further in the level I get pausing. Though I'm using a Cmedia 8768+ DDL setup w/ latest drivers I'll try on my other systems X-Fi. Current system: 6800GT 81.98, AA off, AF off, med/high detail, F.E.A.R., BF2, etc. ran perfect @ 1024x768 vsync off. (EAX is off)

ps that fire gun is pretty cool

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 18:55.

56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo