Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

Thanks Mike Martinez.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: 3DMark06 Demo Jan 17, 2006, 21:39 Leonidas

mang... they are determined to make my x850 PE look like crap before I even buy it to upgrade my 9600xt wich was throughly slaughtered by 3dmark05, I can't keep up!

Don't be overly concerned because 3Dmark's requirements were always a step or two higher than game requirements for that year. For exampel, 3DM05 results for my 9800pro were in range of some cheapshit budget cards but I am easily able to run todays games @ 1024 with medium-high detail.

The reason behind it is prolly because companies don't want to optimize their games only for high-end setups - that would mean big market risks. Heck even ID software didn't make that risk - first they were talkin crazy sys reqs for Doom 3 but in the end it worked on cards as low as Geforce 3.

Couldn't care less if 3DM06 shows a rating of 100 for my vid card.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: 3DMark06 Demo Jan 17, 2006, 10:36 jeffmd

mang... they are determined to make my x850 PE look like crap before I even buy it to upgrade my 9600xt wich was throughly slaughtered by 3dmark05, I can't keep up!

6. Re: 3DMark06 Demo Jan 17, 2006, 10:09 skyguy

Actually, Quattro was the name they gave to their high-end professional grade cards several years ago.

The name's Quadro:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34GL [Quadro FX 500/600 PCI] (rev a1)

In my experience Quadro's gaming performance sucks compared to the consumer cards. Maybe its because my job gets all the lowest end cards though.

5. Re: 3DMark06 Demo Jan 17, 2006, 09:53 Rigs

Indeed, you are correct, Zathrus. (I am not 'The One', by the way... )

Funny how they're releasing the demo on the same day as the new Star Wars: Empire At War demo is to come out on Gamespot...

=-Rigs-=

"If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure." - Dan Quayle

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

4. Re: 3DMark06 Demo Jan 17, 2006, 09:10 Zathrus

"Two videocards is no longer enough! QUATTRO, by Nvidia!"

Actually, Quattro was the name they gave to their high-end professional grade cards several years ago. The only difference between the $700 cards and the <$300 consumer cards being a few commands that weren't available on the normal ones (I seem to recall that at some point you could flash the BIOS and get those commands... which only helped if you were doing professional grade 3D development in Autodesk, 3DStudio, etc).

3. Re: 3DMark06 Demo Jan 17, 2006, 01:36 Creston

My 7800GTX will be raped and laughed at...

Lol, yup. Followed by a banner ad from Nvidia stating that "Two videocards is no longer enough! QUATTRO, by Nvidia!"

Creston

2. Re: 3DMark06 Demo Jan 17, 2006, 01:23 Viranth

Can't wait for the feeling of shortcomming =(

My 7800GTX will be raped and laughed at...

1. 3DMark06 Demo Jan 16, 2006, 22:50 Fantaz

Now this is news! This has always been the greatest benching tool on the market. Can't wait for updated next-gen visuals to find the best clock.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo