Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Total War Rumor

New Total War revealed in next month's PCZone! on Total War Center Forums has all manner of speculation about a coming revelation of a next installment in the Total War series. It appears that what's next for Creative Assembly will be unveiled in one or more print magazines soon. Thanks The Patches Scrolls.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: No subject Jan 11, 2006, 22:46 Scottish Martial Arts

My vote would be for Napoleon: Total War. The Horse and Musket era seems to be the only one that hasn't been tapped that would work for the Total War series. Given that decentralization of tactical control has been the theme of the modern battlefield they can't go into the 20th century without drastically reducing the scale of the battles.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. No subject Jan 10, 2006, 18:47 Tracer

The Total War series are by far my favorite strategy games of all time. I want more Total War games, but there's really no more eras to do aside from 18th century, which Imperial Glory already did (and did fairly well, though not Total War-quality). What I really want to see them do now is make a fantasy Total War. Basically, a Medieval: Total War but with fantasy races and magic. It would still have the same kinds of battle tactics to make it "realistic", but with extra stuff. Maybe you could train up extremely powerful mages who can bring down half an army by themselves, or raise giant creatures that do more damage than the war elephants of R:TW. I'd really like to see how a fantasy Total War game would turn out.

6. No subject Jan 10, 2006, 17:12 Malakai

Oooo i just thought of an Era that could be very well done.

The conquest of the americas around the early 1500s. That could be very entertaining. Although it could well turn into a better/worse version of Imperial Glory.

5. Re: No subject Jan 10, 2006, 14:41 DG

Am I the only one who prefered the gameboard style of Medieval? Instead than the more open style of Rome? I doubt that they switch back to it. I loved MTW but couldn't get into RTW for some reason.
No, you're not. I really enjoyed Shogun and Medieval, didnt even get into Rome enough to bother finishing my first game. I disliked both the strat map and the battle interface (not forgetting the AI fiasco).

The strat map distracted itself far too much from the concept of total war (this coming from a Civ fan). Medieval's battle interface was superior IMHO, Rome's felt dumbed down, depowered in favour of having an interface that'd look more friendly to new customers.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 14:42.

4. BEst Jan 10, 2006, 13:12 venomhed

These are my favorite RTS style games. I just with you could play against people on the campaign map. I wonder what era they will cover this time?

3. Re: No subject Jan 10, 2006, 13:12 Awesome Spume

I didn't play MTW much - found the controls clumsy but the RTW system is more realistic. Just because you control a city shouldn't let you control passage through the surrounding area. PLus the diversity of picking where to have your battles - by a mountain, in a ravine, on a bridge etc.

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.gp32x.com/

2. Re: No subject Jan 10, 2006, 12:14 Cabezone

Am I the only one who prefered the gameboard style of Medieval? Instead than the more open style of Rome? I doubt that they switch back to it. I loved MTW but couldn't get into RTW for some reason.

"We're not the same, I'm an American, you're a sick a--hole." - William 'D-Fens' Foster

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

1. No subject Jan 10, 2006, 12:06 sir

The current inssue of the mag includes a brief message that they'll have some coverage of the next TW game in their next issue. Although, given that half their exclusives disappear into the ether, I wouldn't hold my breath.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo