Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• Pirates Of The Burning Sea
    Gamecloud's Pirates Of The Burning Sea Q&A talks with John Tynes of Flying Labs Software about their upcoming pirate-themed MMORPG: "Characters in our game work a bit differently from what you’re used to. The three professions of Navy Officer, Adventurer, and Pirate determine what ships, skills, and equipment you have access to. But what really drives your gameplay is the ship role system. There are three ship roles: Scout, Hunter, and Dreadnought. Scout ships are fast, maneuverable, and stealthy, but they’re lightly armored and have small guns. Hunter ships are the front-line bruisers with big firepower, solid armor, and decent movement. Dreadnoughts are enormous and deal out fantastic damage but are quite slow – they’re the Death Stars of 1720. There are many different ships within each role, and each role is matched to a specific set of skills."
  • Cinemaware Marquee
    Gamecloud's Cinemaware Marquee Q&A chats up Lars Batista about this new indie publishing label: "Not at all. Cinemaware Marquee will be exclusively used for independent game titles from outside partners, much like an independent film label. Cinemaware will continue to focus on both our classics titles (Rocket Ranger, Wings, etc.) and brand new IP’s we are planning to develop under the Cinemaware label. Cinemaware will strictly focus on internal and proprietary intellectual properties, across both PC and console systems."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: PoTBS Jan 7, 2006, 15:53 Pete

A quick check reveals that Blues News has a similar article from the same date, complete with comments. http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=39683

Yaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!!

Doin' it Big
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: PoTBS Jan 6, 2006, 17:32 random.thought

Even funnier, though, is Hudson's vaporware claim. THE INTARNET NEVAR FORGETS, DIPSHIT!

7. Re: PoTBS Jan 6, 2006, 17:13 Undead Scottsman

You are mistaken.
Incorrect. The official announcement of Pirates of the Burning Sea was made on Jan 22nd 2003, and Steam is mentioned right in the press release. Nyarlathotep was most certainly not mistaken.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/piratesoftheburningsea/news.html?sid=2909404&mode=all

A quick check reveals that Blues News has a similar article from the same date, complete with comments. http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=39683

This pretty much speaks for itself. Facts: 1, Tumbler: 0
This comment was edited on Jan 6, 17:22.

6. Re: PoTBS Jan 6, 2006, 17:10 OneEye

I don't quite understand the need for steam here, is this their answer to the problem of distributing patches?

They are using steam to distribute *the game*.

5. Re: PoTBS Jan 6, 2006, 15:46 random.thought

Still very bitter about this... I remember reading about this game back in summer of 04 and have been following the progress ever since. Then out of the blue, (hey! a pun) they announce they are using steam... Betrayed!

God, you are such a fucking idiot. They didn't betray you. They never made any promises. They're doing for their business what they think is best, who the fuck are you to think that you're so important in your little Valve-hating world to be betrayed by them? Get off your fucking pedestal, you shitstain.

4. Re: PoTBS Jan 6, 2006, 15:06 MMORPGHoD

I don't quite understand the need for steam here, is this their answer to the problem of distributing patches? Sure, WoW has its problems with their torrent approach (it didn't have to be that bad, as torrents historically work well), but geez, steam? It's not like everyone is pirating MMORPGs since you need a valid online account (w/CC) to play, unless someone makes their own server. I thought this could be interesting, but now I'll pass and instead re-up with WoW when their expansion comes.

3. Re: PoTBS Jan 6, 2006, 14:31 Tumbler

You are mistaken.

I want a Nintendo Revolution controller TV remote.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: PoTBS Jan 6, 2006, 14:23 Nyarlathotep

If I'm not mistaken they've talked about using Steam from day one for this game...  
-------
Calling Cthulhu
http://www.callingcthulhu.com

1. PoTBS Jan 6, 2006, 14:18 Tumbler

Gamecloud - Is the plan still to use Valve's Steam system to distribute the game?

John Tynes - Valve has developer Steam into a great platform for distributing games from independent developers, and we believe it’s going to be a terrific system for an MMORPG.

Still very bitter about this... I remember reading about this game back in summer of 04 and have been following the progress ever since. Then out of the blue, (hey! a pun) they announce they are using steam... Betrayed!

Am curious to know if steam is only going to be downloading the game or will steam be used to launch and update it as well? Crossing my fingers that isn't only a means to get their game onto your system. Want nothing to do with steam.

I want a Nintendo Revolution controller TV remote.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo