Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars Observer Mode

The Guild Wars Game Update Notes now offer details on the addition of the promised observer mode, adding voyeur support to ArenaNet's MMORPG. A 15 minute delay is implemented into this virtual window on the virtual world to prevent cheating. The observer mode will automatically broadcast "special events," as well as whenever a top 100 ranked guild plays in the Tombs or in a rated guild challenge.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2005, 08:53 nin

It's roughly 30-40 bucks for a MMORPG with no sub.

No, no, don't call it that. The people who pay $15 a month get all pissy when they hear that...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Can't afford NOT to play! Dec 23, 2005, 03:39 Sir Graves

Heck, Best Buy had the game on sale earlier this month for $29!! You just can't beat that, man. I even talked to Santa about that sweet deal.

I begin playing it on Christmas day.

10. Re: No subject Dec 23, 2005, 00:00 Bucky

'Wintersday' quests are up. Get them in LA. Fun stuff. For a semi-MMO with no monthly fee Anet puts a helluva lot of effort into the game. Updates like you can't believe, extra quests, new areas, and special Halloween and 'Wintersday' art, music, items, text, NPCs, and quests. These guys have got an automatic buy from me no matter what it is they release next.

The game cost me $50 when it came out. I have, at last check, 512 hours into the game. You do the math.

---
I'd never played a Civ before, and laughed when I saw the alarm in Civ IV. Now I use it.

GW: Alia Arjel Mo/Me

9. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2005, 20:38 Awesome Spume

It's roughly 30-40 bucks for a MMORPG with no sub. I have no idea where you're going to get a better deal on a persistent MMO game. If you don't want to buy it new - just buy it second hand. They don't need any credit card or address info so if you're really lazy you can pick up a levelled character guilt-free. Technically all you need are the account details and the CD key. Just ask around your school/work - chances are somebody has an account they aren't using...

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.gp32x.com/

8. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2005, 18:14 chiisu81

starmonkey

You should pick up the game, I think you'll be pleased Lots and lots of updates since I first started playing, now's as good a time as any to start up.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Smile Like You Mean It

7. Re: Observer Mode Dec 22, 2005, 18:05 Bucky

For the curious, the Holiday Decorations are at Ascalon City, Lions Arch, Droknar's Forge, and Tomb of the Primeval Kings.

Keep an eye on the ground in droks...

I'll be watching some PvP later. It's a lot of fun, and I'm always looking for good counters (especially against those damn degen necro's)

---
I'd never played a Civ before, and laughed when I saw the alarm in Civ IV. Now I use it.

GW: Alia Arjel Mo/Me

6. Observer Mode Dec 22, 2005, 16:47 Creston

Will allow anyone to watch ongoing PvP matches in the Hall of Heroes (not sure if it works for Tombs or not), and yes it IS a great idea.

It's just sad that it took them 8 months to implement it...

I'd log on and give this a go, see how it is, but the X3 patch just came out. Time to spend some more time with my intergalactic empire

Creston

5. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2005, 16:34 starmonkey

" Is Observer Mode free in some sort of demo spectator client? I don't think it is, but it should be. Talk about a great demo. Watching real people play and having a blast. I can't think of any better form of non-interactive demo..."

that's an awesome idea! I'm intruigued by guildwars but reticent about forking out the cashola. This is the kind of neato idea that could sway me as a buyer!

4. Re: Sweet! Dec 22, 2005, 16:30 TB

4 locations have been changed, new quests will be available tonight offering new candycane weapons and gingerbread sheilds and more.

3. No subject Dec 22, 2005, 15:22 Skoll

Is Observer Mode free in some sort of demo spectator client? I don't think it is, but it should be. Talk about a great demo. Watching real people play and having a blast. I can't think of any better form of non-interactive demo...

2. Re: Sweet! Dec 22, 2005, 12:27 nin

Certain towns have also been decorated, I hear...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Sweet! Dec 22, 2005, 12:23 Tr0n

A very sweet implementation I must say. Some more features and this baby is gold!

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo