Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF2 Patch Plans

Patch Information [update Dec-13] on the EA Games Forums (thanks Ant and Planet Battlefield) has details on an upcoming post-version 1.12 patch for Battlefield 2 as well as plans to release a new beta version of the editor to add functionality for mod authors. A subsequent post supplies details about some of what will go into the version 1.2 update:

Here is a quick run down of just some of the issues we have been working on.

- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
- AA missile lock has been improved
- Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
- The Sa80 weapon has been improved
- The G3A3 weapon has been improved
- Reload while sprinting has been enabled
- Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
- Damage decreased for the M134
- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.

We'll be announcing further additions to this list, but that will have to wait until the next update. This is NOT the complete list of items we are working on. As we have more items go through testing and we are sure of a change we will update you.

View
61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

61. Re: On a roll Dec 17, 2005, 04:15 Masa

Respect for the obsessive compulsive. He's gotta be unemployed, retired, or undead.

"Son, you're are here by being awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor not for bravery, honor, or courage, but for wasting six entire divisions of enemy soldiers all by yourself. And you're a Lietennant. And despite that, you found your pants. How do you do it, son?"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

60. Re: On a roll Dec 17, 2005, 04:08 Masa

should NOT be as accurate as say the G36 or G3 because if it was

I'm surprised the G3 is even in there. It's not manufactured by HK anymore, but I guess it's still widely used.

59. Re: Cheese Dec 15, 2005, 20:51 MeatForce

Well, eh, how about a little Red Leicester?

Yeah but the last patch completely nerfed the camembert.

What? A bit runny?

No matter. Fetch hither le fromage de la Belle France! M-mmm!

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]; Gort Grimley [W/Ne]
This comment was edited on Dec 15, 20:52.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

58. Re: Cheese Dec 15, 2005, 14:41 Tango

Yeah but the last patch completely nerfed the camembert.

57. SF Dec 15, 2005, 10:43 Chillywack

Kinda funny but I've probably only played for a few hours since the ex pack came out. And I thought it would get me back in the game... Not sure why, but it just doesn't feel as smooth anymore. Not getting crawling framerates, just a general sluggish feeling.

Patch sounds cool though, I hope it has a new map too

56. Re: Cheese Dec 14, 2005, 22:02 MeatForce

I'd like it if more kinds of cheese were added to the game. Sure the swiss cheese is cool, but the blue cheese is way too powerful. Since those are the only cheeses to choose from guess what everybody picks?

-----

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

55. Cheese Dec 14, 2005, 18:54 thwart

I'd like it if more kinds of cheese were added to the game. Sure the swiss cheese is cool, but the blue cheese is way too powerful. Since those are the only cheeses to choose from guess what everybody picks?

BRING IT!

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 18:58.

54. Engineer Dec 14, 2005, 13:21 k0balt

How about decreasing the recoil on the MK3A1? I love this weapon, but the recoil is a killer...

53. Re: PERFORMANCE Dec 14, 2005, 11:45 CrimsonPaw

....Since I bought the SF-expansion, the performance in game (and the level loading times) has decreased. I wonder if they fix that. The original BF2 runs great, but some of the SF-maps really crawl and lag. Play the Iron Gator and the corridor-sections just crawl. Also the nighttime map with the navy shipyard gives the same laggy feeling when you are in the corridors of the building the submarines are in. (btw: no, it is not teargas; it's the maps

THANK YOU!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only person who has issues with the SF expansion. I swear that when I get in game I have to give it at least a minute before all the lag goes away. I go to pick my weapon and I can literally see the frames fading away. After that first minute it's OK most of the time but there are times when, like you said, it goes to a crawl.

BTW Dice, can you PLEASE shorten the "Validating Client Data" time, mine seems to take forever and I have yet to find anyone who can tell me why some machines don't have this issue.

~~Crim~~

52. Re: On a roll Dec 14, 2005, 08:18 Sphinx

Heya folks,

Ok, I play support all the time and have never had a huge problem with the accuracy of the support weapons. Sure it's a pain in the butt sometimes to have to go prone to get any sort of shot off well but I find my biggest problems occur when I just "spray and pray" by holding the trigger down. If you use short controlled bursts (3-5 rounds, release, repeat), then the guns hit with amazing accuracy.

A weapon like a light machine gun, IMO, should NOT be as accurate as say the G36 or G3 because if it was it'd allow people to use the S2000 or PKM and fire off nearly 50-70 rounds non-stop without overheat and be deadly accurate with it. Whether that's realistic or not I don't know but it certainly sounds like a way to jack down the fun by about 1000 percent since every corner you turn would be met with a hail of LMG bullets firing non-stop.

Now, if they were to increase the accuracy but also increase the overheat time, then it'd be doable I think.

And the sniper weapons weren't accurate enough? Is that what they are suggesting? *shudder*

http://www.sphinx-sanitarium.com

51. Re: On a roll Dec 14, 2005, 05:32 Eye 4N Eye

Actually, it's 2 or 3 people using the same account at different times.

Sssh! We know that, but it's fun to think that it's one guy. It's like going to a buffet and taking comfort that there are people who will weigh 300 pounds more than you will ever weigh.

I thought my 300 hours in battlefield was getting unhealthy. Now I feel great about it.

Placebo baby.

-DSR

hey even for 2-3 ppl using the same account the Kill-to-death ratio is damn good, and the stats are spread out pretty evenly across the classes

Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

50. Re: No subject Dec 14, 2005, 05:29 Eye 4N Eye

And that reminds me: I want to see a fix for the 'feet clipping through shit in the year 2005' bug

Ah man...I love the the feet clipping through walls...it makes finding ppl hiding in corners so much easier to kill from the other side of a wall...
plus if your the one hiding it makes you take into account the position of your body so its not hanging out.

Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

49. PERFORMANCE Dec 14, 2005, 02:42 Desertfox

....Since I bought the SF-expansion, the performance in game (and the level loading times) has decreased. I wonder if they fix that. The original BF2 runs great, but some of the SF-maps really crawl and lag. Play the Iron Gator and the corridor-sections just crawl. Also the nighttime map with the navy shipyard gives the same laggy feeling when you are in the corridors of the building the submarines are in. (btw: no, it is not teargas; it's the maps
P4 3.4Ghz with 2GB of 533Mhz memory and a Radeon 800XT 256MB card.

48. Sprinting Reload? Dec 14, 2005, 02:14 jimnms

Reload while sprinting has been enabled
You already can sprint and reload. I haven't had time to play the game since 1.12, but did they break that?

Steam Profile

47. Tired of this Dec 14, 2005, 00:33 venomhed

This game is getting a bit boring. I am not sure on the global sweep of reducing the helicopter armor.

Why not make the choppers more susceptbile to the AA tank or a standard tanks main cannon (one shot one kill). I think having these global reductions might really screw things up. The choppers are a bitch to use properly and are pretty fragile as is.

Glad to hear about the AA rockets being improved. These need to be MUCH improved.

Combine the Engineer and Support into one class. That would be great.

The Support class machine gun has always been laughed at. The thing should be devastating and accurate at range in prone position. In other positions like standing is should be very inaccurate.

We shall see. Game is getting boring though.

46. Re: No subject Dec 13, 2005, 23:48 Zephalephelah

So I was thinking to myself, well fuck. That's how I usually start conversations with myself. So I said it again. Well, fuck, Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time. It's about fucking time, fuckity fuck, it's about fucking time.

My beerbelly was swollen with pride at the news of this patch. Partly in part, to my fuckity fucking story about what do you think???..... ah, you were going to say fucking. Nope, fucking is not it. Although the story does have some fucking in it; it's not exactly about fucking. We don't want the kiddies to be fucking socially ruined. FUCK!

No, my story's about my sale of BF2 on Ebay. You remember. I hate this game. They patch every fucking thing instead of the fucking mother fuck keyboard setup. I mean, wtf, don't any of those guys change out from the fucking default setup? Wtf! Fuck!

Anyway, I decided to sell my fucking game on fucking Ebay. Yeah, I said, WTF, and just did it. I figured I'd get $20 and that's $20 more than I'd ever get if I bought this piece of shit game off of Steam. But that's a nother fucking story.

So I'm selling this fucking game on Ebay right? ANd this fucking nolife ebay scamming fuck noobface fuck fuck buys it. And guess what. Yeah, you know it. That fucker didn't pay. And I'm stuck with the sales games or lose a couple more bucks on this shit ass fucking game.

So here's the fucking story. I've been installing, uninstalling, reinstalling this fucking game & fucking right when I can't even sell this piece of shit & they're gonna fucking take me to the fucking farm for breaking the CDs into shards & buttfucking myself with the shards because fuck, WTF, I can't even get fucked without feeling the pain? These fuckers ass-raped me & left me for a dead monkey bitch on the side of the road & WHAT THE FUCK!, but I just said, calm down. hang on. And you know what? I mean do you know what?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?

They came out with this patcH!

THisS PATHC & I might juust restall inagain.

AHAHAAHAHHAHAH!H!!H!H!

MUAHAHIAHGIHIHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!H!!!!

Burn in hell!!!!!
They're all going to BURN IN HELL!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!

45. Re: No subject Dec 13, 2005, 22:30 MeatForce

That's when your behind a small wall or some kind of cover and then you repeatly spam Prone over and over again to pop up and take shots at enemy.

Gotcha.

And that reminds me: I want to see a fix for the 'feet clipping through shit in the year 2005' bug

-----

-----

44. Re: On a roll Dec 13, 2005, 22:23 Da Stylin' Rastan

Sssh! We know that, but it's fun to think that it's one guy. It's like going to a buffet and taking comfort that there are people who will weigh 300 pounds more than you will ever weigh.

I thought my 300 hours in battlefield was getting unhealthy. Now I feel great about it.

Placebo baby.

-DSR

43. Re: On a roll Dec 13, 2005, 22:13 Kyllum

http://bf2s.com/player/44925574/
Respect for the obsessive compulsive. He's gotta be unemployed, retired, or undead.

42. Re: No subject Dec 13, 2005, 22:00 Atoth

- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed

That's when your behind a small wall or some kind of cover and then you repeatly spam Prone over and over again to pop up and take shots at enemy. What happens is because your doing it so fast the server thinks your still prone while your shooting so you appear to be shooting through the object and your body never pops up for the enemy to shot at..

61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo