Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Q&As

• Supreme Commander
    The Supreme Commander Q&A on Supreme Commander HQ talks with Chris Taylor, the supreme commander at Gas Powered Games, about their upcoming RTS game: "One of the biggest challenges has been finding a way to create three different factions that are all different in one way, but similar in othersÖ i.e. each faction needs a well-balanced force that covers land, sea and air, but canít all have the same look to their tanks. When we get up to the huge experimental units this is easy because these units are way over-the-top, and have crazy weapons and create massive amounts of destruction."
  • Heather Graham
    OGaming's Heather Graham Q&A talks with the lovely actress about her voice work in EverQuest II: "Yeah. I just donít find fighting off or attacking a bunch of little computer people that exciting. Thereís something more inspiring about getting to interact with hundreds of different real people from around the world. It takes more creativity and imagination, and forces you to think more on your feet. Itís almost more mentally stimulating in that regard."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2005, 22:44 Apathy Curve

Desktop Chalupa Commandship

Quality. Now I know what to name my next dog.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: SupCom will rock Dec 10, 2005, 13:06 Tango

Some of the SC screenshots on Gamespy look amazing... hundreds of units, HUGE units, sea units, air units... variety of units...

I know the C&C guys always used to defend their 20 or so units per side strategy as having a handful of units players knew well... but there's nothing cooler than the incredibly diverse armies TA and its expansions could build. Choice rules.

10. Re: SupCom will rock Dec 10, 2005, 12:11 C_A_P

yea man, I cannot wait! I made all kinds of mods (maps & tilesets mostly ) for TA and it just looks to be an amazing successor! I'm glad to see that you gleaned the same feeling from it as I do (about it sticking to it's original forumula )

9. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2005, 11:24 Semantics

she has a new tv show starting soon.

8. No subject Dec 10, 2005, 10:52 Masa

Heather Graham is still around? Damn, I thought she'd be all fat and ugly by this point.

7. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2005, 09:05 Rigs

I keep thinking SC is Derek SmartyPants' next project...need to stop that...

Isn't...oh yeah, it's Taco Supreme or...no, it's Supreme Taco Commander...or, wait, no it's Burrito Desktop Supreme Commander...Desktop Chalupa Commandship?...

...ah, screw it, he'll probably come in here and tell me where to stick my hard taco anyway...

=-Rigs-=

"If we do not succeed, then we run the risk of failure." - Dan Quayle

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

6. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2005, 08:55 Reactor

Little Computer People was great, and lots of fun.

Supreme Commander... mmmm, goood. Even if it's just TA with better graphics, I'll be happy with it. Still, some updated AI sure would be nice...

5. Re: No subject Dec 10, 2005, 08:38 Tango

Supreme Commander looks pretty sweet from the screenshots. Personally I think one of the biggest mistakes the C&C franchise made was removing boats from the equation. The cruisers in Red Alert were one of the Best RTS Units Evar!11

It's great to see the RTS genre isn't dying out completely. Like flight sims and (decent) management sims which can't be played on a console, I imagine it's hard to get them backed these days if you don't have something like Total Annihilation or C&C under your belt.

As long as the AI is a step forward.

4. No subject Dec 10, 2005, 07:50 space captain

as if Heather Graham has ever played a computer game in her life... just take your clothes off and shut the hell up

Go forth, and kill!

3. commodore 64 Dec 10, 2005, 03:31 tron

that "little computer people" comment Heather made reminded me of a game i had on my C64, it was actually called "Little Computer People" and was the first ever "sims" style game that i am aware of...

if you've never heard of it, read this:
http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/pc/unsung_heroes/sec2_02.html
and be amazed at what was available 20 years ago.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

2. SupCom will rock Dec 10, 2005, 01:41 HardCore

It's been many years since TA, my juices are flowing for some of that SupCom action. GPG doesn't have Microsoft or EA money, but they have some damn good RTS game designers. Glad to see it's staying to the roots of what made TA great, not trying to be a hotkey fest and land grab like most RTS's these days.

1. No subject Dec 10, 2005, 00:56 nin

OGaming's Heather Graham Q&A

RollerGirl, you make me drool...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo