Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF2 Patch Plans

The Battlefield 2 Website (thanks Frans) outlines plans for an updated set of mod tools for DICE's military shooter sequel, as well as word on an upcoming patch:

We at DICE and EA are committed to on-going support for Battlefield 2. We're pleased to see that so many of you are still playing the game on a regular basis and continue to support it and the community with some great mods and movies (We're big fans of the machinimas, so keep them coming guys, and MINE, you guys rock!).

We wanted to let you know that we're already hard at work on a post 1.12 update. While we can't go into details about it, yet, rest assured that we're checking the forums, listening to our customer support teams and working hard on the features that YOU'VE asked for. As soon as we can give more concrete details, we will. Just know that we're all 100% into making Battlefield 2 the very best that it can be.

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

50. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2005, 16:22 sponge

sc4r4b: After the patch was pulled, the game finally died, completly. It's not even registering on Gamespy Stats anymore (less than 250 players)

I still get angry thinking about how much I was looking foward to T:V.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2005, 14:54 sc4r4b

Meh, I fired up Tribes 2 the other day and there really wasn't anyone playing classic... The only servers that had players were also running mods I am not very familiar with... I just wanted to play classic.

Even though it wasn't a classic server, I miss the good old days of playing on Houston Vehicles.

I was thinking about installing T:V again... I doubt anyone plays it anymore though.

I don't play video games... I play murder simulators.
http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=43526450

48. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2005, 12:34 Rick

I know what you man sc4r4b... They just let it hang out to dry. But the sweet thing is there's still people playing online.

47. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2005, 09:50 sc4r4b

I MOURN DEATH OF TRIBES FRANCHISE!!!!!!! FUCK YOU IRRATIONAL AND VU!!

46. Re: CoF Dec 1, 2005, 07:43 Rick

Ever since 1.12 the load times seem to be greatly increased. I changed a video setting and I shit you not - I sat and waited for 2 1/2 minutes while the damn game optimized textures or whatever - and the first minute or two after finally getting into the game it's virtually unplayable as the game is apparently defragging my hard drive as I'm playing. Ok, just kidding, but there's some serious hard drive activity during the first few minutes and it can be like watching a slide show. I've turned off all background apps, I have plenty of system and video card memory. This problem didn't appear 'till the last patch...

And wtf is "verifying client data" all about?? - I know it's not new, but come on... The one great thing about BF1942 that keeps me playing it is that you can pretty much get right into a game and be playing 15-20 seconds.

The server browser seems to be working a little better since I figured out the "secret" to applying filters. You can have no more than six options checked at a time, or else when you hit "apply filters" you'll come up with an empty list. I found that it was not necessary to have each map size option checked to see all size maps being played. Just uncheck them all and you'll see 'em all.

And the red / blue color change thing?? This has been a problem since day one. I'd think in a team-based game such as this an issue of this nature would be somewhere near the top of the "to do" list.

Maybe it's just me.

I know I'm whining a lot - but I love this game. I really do. With a few changes it could be nearly perfect.

45. Re: CoF Dec 1, 2005, 05:41 Eye 4N Eye

Taken from Merriam Webster....
CLIP:
1 : any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
2 : a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm
3 : a piece of jewelry held in position by a clip

See #2

Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

44. No subject Dec 1, 2005, 03:13 space captain

cant compare it - tribes requires serious skill... killing in BF2 is childs play comparatively... no jetpacks, or need to lead targets in 3 dimensions

I MOURN DEATH OF TRIBES FRANCHISE!!!!!!! FUCK YOU IRRATIONAL AND VU!!

Go forth, and kill!

43. Re: CoF Dec 1, 2005, 00:17 sc4r4b

First of all, guns don't use "clips." Second, try firing from the prone position and in short bursts, you'll actually hit something then.

Hey look eveyone, it's Mr Guns and Ammo!

The CoF needs to be adjusted...

This comment was edited on Dec 1, 00:17.

42. RE COF Dec 1, 2005, 00:13 Myrmidon

>>first of all, guns don't use "clips."
>Guns use magazines.

Ohhh~ In that case I'll take an Uzi and a copy of Hustler...

41. Shazbot Nov 30, 2005, 22:28 Cheese

" I NEED A TARGET" "COVER ME" Ahh the good ole days of Tribes 1 what a fking game that was I almost forgot, Thanks Meat Farts for bringing back those days of joy. breaks out into uncontrolled weeping. Fking ruined by Tribes 3 even though T3 was not a bad game it was not Tribes.

(@)'(@)"""*|(@)*(@)*****(@)

40. No subject Nov 30, 2005, 20:08 [VG]Reagle

"There just isn't any excuse to not have some of these thigns fixed by now, shut up and get to work, don't come back until you have some hard changes that are going in. "

Does baby need his diaper changed?

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

39. Re: wtf? Nov 30, 2005, 19:57 MeatForce

the only people whining and complaning on this thread are the fools who cant get BF2 running on their pc.

wtf?

as far as the shooting goes, spray, or single shot, this isnt CS! you have to have patience, this is the only FPS that takes skill to aim and hit the target.

Tribes.

this game is the best online FPS out there now without a doubt.

I'd give that title to Tribes again, actually (though, not including T3), so there's at least one doubt out there

That said, I think BF is still the only modern online FPS to come close

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]; Gort Grimley [W/Ne]
This comment was edited on Nov 30, 19:58.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

38. Re: wtf? Nov 30, 2005, 19:25 Overon

as far as the shooting goes, spray, or single shot, this isnt CS! you have to have patience, this is the only FPS that takes skill to aim and hit the target.
You are ignorant of other FPS. Making guns shoot randomly and giving them random path projectiles does make shooting any more skillfull than it is in quake. Play Red Orchestra. There bullets fly in parabolic paths. There it takes skill to shoot someone, not luck.

37. wtf? Nov 30, 2005, 19:03 MEAHT

the only people whining and complaning on this thread are the fools who cant get BF2 running on their pc.

this game is the best online FPS out there now without a doubt. Yes...it has its bugs, but they definately dont make the game unplayable. heres a bet, SHOW ME A GAME THAT IS WITHOUT BUGS...

36. Re: BF2 SF Nov 30, 2005, 18:57 dubfanatic

Still I agree its one of the best FPS ever released including FEAR which is the second best FPS in history.

for your sake I hope the first best FPS is one of QuakeWorld or UT99.

35. Re: CoF Nov 30, 2005, 18:48 Jamil

You can fix the problem with joining from ASE and the annoying 'message' screen that comes up. (Why do I see EA/Dice adding commercials for Coca-Cola or Pepsi in this space?)

Just go to your game options, and set the program location to:
"<PATH TO BF2>\BF2.exe" +username <YourUsername> +playerPassword <YourPassword>

When the game comes up, you'll get the message screen for about 3 seconds, then it'll disappear and you'll be joining the server. I'm sure there's a similar fix for XFire.

34. Devs can go to hell Nov 30, 2005, 18:46 Tumbler

Really? You stupid conceited, self riotous money grubbing whores!! NOW they claim to be listening to the customer?? Why the hell weren't they doing that before?
I'm sorry to be negative, but they haven't put out a decent patch yet. Even the first one was screwed up, and they had to patch THAT!
A working patch that fixes what we want fixed. I'll believe it when I see it.

Have to say I completely agree with you. F-U Devs. You've completely ignored this game for months so you can take you're "it's all for you guys!" attitude and shove it right up your @$$. Each person has a unique set of problems he'd like to see fixed which should give you some idea of how many problems has surfaced since this game launched. There just isn't any excuse to not have some of these thigns fixed by now, shut up and get to work, don't come back until you have some hard changes that are going in.

My Wireless controller is plugged into my Xbox 360.
This comment was edited on Nov 30, 18:48.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

33. Re: CoF Nov 30, 2005, 17:58 ColoradoHoudini

the hitscan is still random it seems.
having to dive on the ground should be a PENALTY when it comes to accuracy...i know this game doesnt imitate real life exactly.. but diving to gain accuracy makes no sense.
also, anyone else had a guy dive down in front of them and their gun is aiming some other direction yet they are shooting you?
bah..

i only played the city maps in the regular version, the aircraft were too tough. on a map like Gulf.. if the other team had a good pilot, you were hosed.
enjoying the spec ops version.. still wish there were a better AA wep for the helis.

also.. anyone get mad stuttering when playing SF? i had it for a while.. had to install older drivers, reinstall new ones, remove, reg edit, file edit..etc. works now.. but dear sweet god it was a pain in the ass.
also.. nerve gas spam is starting to get real old.

32. Re: CoF Nov 30, 2005, 17:45 xXBatmanXx

First of all, guns don't use "clips." Second, try firing from the prone position and in short bursts, you'll actually hit something then.

Clips are for little girls' hair.
Guns use magazines.

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

31. Re: CoF Nov 30, 2005, 17:41 SanitysEdge

^You dont know whats up about guns ^

There are many guns that use clips such as
- American M1 Garand
- Swiss K31
- Russian Moisn Nagant 91/30 + Variants
- Italian Carcano M91
- British Lee-Enfield
- Canadian Ross
- French MAS-36
- German Gewehr/Karabiner Model 1898
- Japanese Arisaka Type 38 and 99
- American Springfield Model 1903
- Russian SKS
- American Johnson Model 1941
- Swedish Ljungman AG-42
- Belgian FN SAFN-49
- Czechoslovakian ZH-29
- Czechoslovakian VZ.52 and VZ.52/57
- French MAS-49 and 49/56
- Russian SVT 38 and 40

V You dont know whats up about guns either V

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 22:14.

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo