Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

UFO: Aftershock Patch

Cenega Publishing now offers a new patch for UFO: Aftershock, updating ALTAR's counter-UFO strategy game to version 1.1. The update offers a whole boatload of bug fixes and tweaks. Thanks The Patches Scrolls.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. No subject Nov 30, 2005, 07:13 Slaughter

And some would say "play the game and decide for yourself"  
Greetings from Olav (Staff at http://www.strategycore.co.uk, Slaughter)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. No subject Nov 30, 2005, 01:45 space captain

some would say Jesus was a filthy cocksucker

now - why would they say that?

Go forth, and kill!

9. Re: Still waiting for US release Nov 30, 2005, 01:34 Paranoid Jack

"Some also said that if they castrated themselves, aliens would come down and take them away from the bad bad world in their space ship. Never listen too closely to what the crackpots say."

And others who couldn't see the good around them and during their search for something better chose to follow. Moved to a small town in Africa and willingly drank poison.

Because they failed to see what they actually had was far better than what they dreamt about, what they longed for... even better than what they had been promised.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 01:50.

8. Re: Still waiting for US release Nov 29, 2005, 23:34 Teddy

Some are even saying it is a better game than X-Com.

Some also said that if they castrated themselves, aliens would come down and take them away from the bad bad world in their space ship. Never listen too closely to what the crackpots say.

7. Re: Still waiting for US release Nov 29, 2005, 20:50 Paranoid Jack

Our EB & LameStop won't get anything but big name titles unless you pre-order. That said... I think I posted the GoGamer link here a couple times several week back and also about a month ago.

I am thoroughly enjoying Aftershock, bugs and all. Though I will admit the crashes to desktop are getting a bit much since a certain part of the game kicked in. Everyone playing it knows what I am talking about.

If you like tactical game-play this one is for you. It has that in spades. Some are even saying it is a better game than X-Com. Though I don't think you can compare games that are so far apart. Even if very similar. No matter. To me this game is already a classic.

Any game that can keep my attention for a month, keep me up several times a week playing until late night/early morning, and give me so much tactical game-play.... well that is a damn good game in my opinion. Yeah, it is a bit buggy. And there are exploits you can use if you are that low. But few games are as polished as they should be.

I hope this patch does some real magic. I have faith they will patch this baby up sooner or later making it a stable classic. Its not the game of the year for most but certainly a huge cult classic in the making.

And if you compare Aftermath to Aftershock... Oh, man! The next one should be a killer.

6. Re: Still waiting for US release Nov 29, 2005, 16:29 thingerino

I got mine yesterday at EB, GameStop in the same mall had it too!

5. Re: Still waiting for US release Nov 29, 2005, 14:17 Teddy

Yeah, this is the one that the US publisher dropped the ball bigtime. Better to get a copy shipped in if you really want it. At least that way the money should go to the european publisher that actually got it right.

4. Re: Still waiting for US release Nov 29, 2005, 13:29 Slaughter

You can get the imported UK version from GoGamer.com Cheese. Hard to tell when Tri Synergy gets it out in the US, but most people seems pleased with GoGamer.com  

3. Still waiting for US release Nov 29, 2005, 13:14 Cheese

Is this game out in the US ? If so where? Anyhow im so tired of waiting for this to come to the local EB that when it does come I might just let it sit there for awhile until it hits the bargin bin.

(@)'(@)"""*|(@)*(@)*****(@)

2. Re: did they ever fix the tactical portion? Nov 29, 2005, 12:14 Slaughter

Depending on the map and the type of enemy you fight, this may or may not happen. In some missions snipers will attack you from rooftops and so on. All in all the AI is better than in Aftermath, but far from excellent.  

1. did they ever fix the tactical portion? Nov 29, 2005, 11:24 VultureMAN

In Aftermath the game AI strategy was to drop you right in the middle of a fire zone and have the Aliens attack driectly. In the Aftershock demo all the aliens on the map charged once one of them engaged you in combat. Has it gotten any better?

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo