Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: No subject Nov 24, 2005, 01:59 Paranoid Jack

Is that you Gus?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: No subject Nov 24, 2005, 00:00 VoodooV

I only have one thing to say to that MF:

Gooniegoogoo!

15. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2005, 18:32 MeatForce

they're fighting for the priveledge of winning the "oneupmanship" war "look at me, I'm special, i've got an 360 and you dont, you therefore are inferior to me." fuck them and their petty selves, they deserve what they get.

There'd always be one kid on the side - didn't get no ice cream.. kids don't give a fuck. They say,

"You don't have no iiice cream! You didn't geeet none, you didn't geeet none, you didn't geeet none! 'Cause you are on da weeelfare. And can't afooord it. He can't afooord it! He can't afooord it! He can't afooord it! He can't - "

All the other kids join in, be like,

"He can't afooord it! He can't afooord it! And his father is a alcohooooolic! He wants some iiice cream. He wants some iiice creeeam! Ice cream ice cream ice cream! Want a lick? PSYCHE!"

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]; Gort Grimley [W/Ne]

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

14. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2005, 15:40 VoodooV

You're not wrong Parallax. At the same time though, I can't feel too bad about these people crammed in these long retail lines.

cuz really

1. they were dumb enough to pre-order. there were rumblings of shortages for a long time. Not only that, but pre-orders in general are a harmful thing for the industry, they do nothing but signal to the company "Hey, I'm stupid, im going to buy this no matter what state you ship it in...fuck testing...fuck patches...gimme gimme gimme NOW! /end tantrum

2. lets keep it real here....this is a game system here...its not like they're lining up for food they're fighting for the priveledge of winning the "oneupmanship" war "look at me, I'm special, i've got an 360 and you dont, you therefore are inferior to me." fuck them and their petty selves, they deserve what they get.

so yeah, Gates and Allard may be screwing them, but its the pre-orderers that pulled down their pants so that they CAN be screwed.

13. Re: Bloody video game OK for kids... Nov 23, 2005, 15:02 xXBatmanXx

"Just because it is rated mature doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it for your kids," the rapper, whose given name is Curtis Jackson, told Reuters in an interview on Tuesday"

rofl!

I am sure O'Rielly will be all over this one.

Always listening to: http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=53
FUNGS 53

Looking to add BF2 members to our clan. Drop a line if interested.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Bloody video game OK for kids... Nov 23, 2005, 13:34 Fantaz

"Just because it is rated mature doesn't mean you shouldn't buy it for your kids," the rapper, whose given name is Curtis Jackson, told Reuters in an interview on Tuesday"

rofl!

11. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2005, 12:28 Parallax Abstraction

The thing I find most funny about this is that after so many people with EB and GameStop pre-orders got screwed out of them (many of which paid fully in advance) by Microsoft's artificial shortage is that rather than speak with their wallets and say "Screw you, I'm not buying this until you stock it properly", they go and mob others stores and get in fist-fights over them (that happened at a Best Buy here in Ottawa so I've heard.) I wonder if these people have any idea how much J Allard and Bill Gates are laughing at them going "Look, we screwed them and they're still flocking to give us their money!" I bet many of these people are the same ones paying $10 more for the same Madden game they bought for their regular Xbox a couple of months ago, and a year ago, and the year before that...

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
www.pxa.ca

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

10. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2005, 10:31 DeaderMeat

I also like this quote from the arstechnica article:

One person I spoke with told me that he had already sold a unit on eBay for a high price, but was just now trying to buy the unit to resell. No, he didn't seem all that bright.

9. No subject Nov 23, 2005, 10:02 VoodooV

It's shit like this that really make me disgusted at our whorish consumerism. All those people crammed in the retail store lines not unlike a mosh pit. It's depressing.

do they even remember why they're buying the stupid thing? are they gamers..or are they parents just wanting to shut their kids up for the next month or two until they get bored of it and whine about wanting some other useless gadget?

8. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2005, 09:57 nin

150,000 to be held back for restocking this weekend.

Boo-ya...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: No subject Nov 23, 2005, 09:54 Devster

From the Reuters article...
SHORTAGES NO SURPRISE

Microsoft's Bach repeated the software giant's plan to deliver up to 3 million consoles to consumers in the first 90 days.

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter estimated that 900,000 Xbox 360s are now available. He expects 450,000 to be shipped in the United States, 300,000 to be shipped to Europe and 150,000 to be held back for restocking this weekend.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

6. No subject Nov 23, 2005, 09:48 VoodooV

I have to think it *is* an artificial shortage.

I know this is a flimsy arguement, but I remember watching a clip of them being made *months* ago. at one point they pull back and you just see this huge warehouse full of them

and again, this was months ago...so how can they not have enough now. Its the same thing with the whole premium/core bullshit. we've been bitching for months that the core unit being without a hard drive was an idiotic move so I just don't buy it that they're suddenly shocked to find out that they didn't see it coming.

I would say Allard's been smoking too much crack at raves, but something tells me there is nothing extreme about Allard except when it comes to being a poser. How can he call himself a gamer and pretend he's just like us and yet be so clueless as to why us gamers don't want the core unit.

and c'mon, this is MS we're talking about. Could they do something like this? most importantly, would they?

5. No subject Nov 23, 2005, 02:01 Masa

I honestly doubt the shortages are created on purposes. Especially not for the purpose of a crappy game library. The PS2 didn't exactly have a stellar release set either. It's what, a world wide release? The console has quite a few components that aren't that widely available yet.

4. No subject Nov 23, 2005, 01:38 D4rkKnight

I have no interest in the 360 but I found this amusing:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6140176.html

3. Re: Shortage. Nov 23, 2005, 01:12 Stanly Manly

Its no "x-files conspiracy". Its simply smart marketing. Ive read the reviews of the launch titles (of which, most are not actual sequels, but ports of existing titles), and the general consensus is that, while prettier, the 360 versions feel very rushed.

Explain to me why anyone who owns a PS2(or XBox) version of Madden 06 or similar, would run out and buy a 360 to play an inferior version of the same game?

The mad rush of people wanting a 360 are buying it because its the new thing, the top gadget. If everyone who wanted on got it on opening day, the post rush atmosphere would then focus on the games. MS doesnt want that. They want to limit the supply, so demand stays high. Keep the focus on getting the XBox, not on playing the games.

/shrug. Its what I would do.

2. Re: Shortage. Nov 23, 2005, 00:52 The Half Elf

Not sure if this was this year or last year, but out of the 10 ten best selling games, only 1 of them was not a sequal. And that game was Gods of War.

And save your x-files conspiracy for someone who cares. Microsoft had been scrambling to get everything in stone and get to market first before Sony. Not to mention Holiday sales.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Shortage. Nov 23, 2005, 00:35 Stanly Manly

Or...

Could it possibly be that MS is creating an artificial shortage to boost demand for 360, and take the focus away from the lackluster launch titles?

People will now want to buy a 360 simply to have it. To say "I got one!". Yay, you win! Now go play an 8 hour original game, and several shoddy remakes of current games. Fun!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo