Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Preview

• Neverwinter Nights 2 on IGN.

View
3. Editor... Nov 14, 2005, 21:00 D4rkKnight

I found the only real difficulties with the original editor, besides the obvious C knowledge that goes without saying and shouldnt change, was the fact that even the most simple things were fairly hard to accomplish.

What the dev's need to do is take their pre-defined scripts, for example an NPC running away after dialogue as you mentioned, and catalogue them into an easy to find and implement database, so players can use these presets without having to dig around through miles of code or write their own.

I found that most of the bioware code was so specific, or so hard to find, that you were better off doing it yourself.

Along with this, an entire rewrite of the editors setup is needed, its not that it was hard to use, so much as it was just confusing. It probably took me a good week to write out one little dialogue with a few trigger events in it, and get it to work. There was too much trial and error involved in the learning process. I found myself stumbling through too many windows attempting to locate one little option that was buried deep inside seemingly unrelated windows...unneccesary and too frustrating.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 14, 18:10 can't wait!!! Charlie_Six
  2. Nov 14, 20:43  Re: can't wait!!! Propagandhi
  4. Nov 15, 03:53   Re: can't wait!!! Charlie_Six
>> 3. Nov 14, 21:00 Editor... D4rkKnight

footer

Blue's News logo