Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Monday Game Reviews

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: A spelling rant Nov 7, 2005, 20:18 FourPak

it's called social entropy.
Inevitable and steady deterioration of a system or society.
social systems invariably devolve from golden age purity and glory to lowest common denominator anarchy. Culturally The US has been flushing itself down the toilet since the end of WWII. Most recent confirmation: rap and hip-hop. Or look at poor France, once the flower of Western culture and civilization, now they can't even figure out how to deal with a bunch of 2-legged mongrels burning the cities to the ground.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 20:19.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: A spelling rant Nov 7, 2005, 15:20 Sphinx

My reviews don't give me income so do I get a free pass, Mr. Strunk_N_White?

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 15:20.

http://www.sphinx-sanitarium.com

2. Re: A spelling rant Nov 7, 2005, 13:26 zincthallinide

When I read a review with poor grammar I immediately consider the review useless. A reviewer who doesn't bother to properly use the very language that is supposedly his source of income isn't much of a reviewer.

1. A spelling rant Nov 7, 2005, 12:25 Chris

The byline for the Civ 4 review:

"Make sure you have slept enough, cause your about to loose alot of it now!"

Damnit, what is so freakin' hard about learning how many o's are in the word "lose." (There is also no such word as "alot" and the concept of contractions seems lost on this budding journalistic genius.)

I cannot count the number of times some anonymous individual who's just lost an online game has defiantly remarked, "your a looser." It's just rediculous [sic].

Pedantic uptight rant is now over.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 14:22.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo