Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Spaceships Ahoy - X3: Reunion

Enlight announces that X3: Reunion has shipped, and that Egosoft's space combat and trading sequel is now available in the U.S.:

PARKVILLE, MD – November 4th, 2005 – Enlight Interactive, a leading software developer and publisher, announced today that X3: Reunion has shipped to retail outlets nationwide. In the heroic battle for control of the X universe, players must manipulate the economic system or eliminate their enemies to achieve supremacy.

Utilizing the very latest in graphical technology, including a dynamic AI system, X3: Reunion allows players the freedom to fight opponents in explosive head-on combat or to outsmart them using commerce. Soar through the open skies and explore the vast reaches of the X Universe in their own space craft, using diplomacy, commerce or all-out combat to dominate the galaxy.

“Our partnership with Egosoft has been absolutely fantastic, and we have teamed to create one of the most beautiful space simulation games ever,” said Paul Lombardi, CEO of Enlight Interactive USA. “X3: Reunion further solidifies the X series and has become a true franchise in the PC segment of our business. With outstanding customer support, we look forward to possibly expanding the hugely popular title into the console industry.”

Features for X3: Reunion Include:

• Revolutionary in-house DirectX 9 engine, featuring the latest in graphical technology. Full use of the entire range of pixel shader technology is used to create realistic reflections
    • Defeat your enemies through combat or commerce, blockades and building. Compete against traders who learn and improve as the game progresses
    • Multi-functional user interface, offering complete user-defined control by mouse, keyboard, game pad or joystick of the unique X universe physics with controlled semi-Newtonian drifting
    • Over 200 main game models designed in incredible detail and over 10,000 independent active objects interacting in the same real time environment as the player
    • Additional content added post-release, including new missions, models, AI updates and new 3D content
    • Vast factories in different sizes and constructs, spanning tens of kilometers in length built by NPCs and players alike

X3: Reunion, available for the PC, is Rated T for Teen by the ESRB and carries a suggested retail price of $39.99. For more information on X3: Reunion, please visit http://www.x3-reunion.com

View
110 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

110. Re: Evil Cheese Nov 8, 2005, 10:19  dsmart 

You can add that to the back of the box, as a press quote, Derek

haha, yeah, I should.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

109. Re: Evil Cheese Nov 8, 2005, 09:40 nin

Thanks dsmart i am delighted at your game once agian,

You can add that to the back of the box, as a press quote, Derek.

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

108. Evil Cheese Nov 8, 2005, 07:57 Cheese

grins evily, ok ok nuff with the antics lol ,

Thanks dsmart i am delighted at your game once agian, but I want to suggest to you to hire me on for ideas and stuff cause you need a visionary like me, remember it was me who suggested the wildlife,clouds on exterior of planets,more FPS control for the ground units, man oh man the only reason im pimping myself to you is I belive that with more good help from well rounded gamers like myself will result in the ultimate space game in which I think will just a few more of my ideas youll get there. but unlike the masses of Supreme Commander junkiees who gladley spew out ideas to you like there gonna give you there first born , I am not.

I like to give you ideas agian but its gonna cost you I want a stake in your company hehe then I'll continue to help Err suggest things to you Err ummm I think I will continue to suggest for free Awww shucks...lol long as I get a good space game outta it, Ill do almost anything. lol

Thx for having a sence of humor on that one dsmart and thanks for listening even after all the berateing you get you still try to help ppl man im begining to like you a little, but dont let it go to your head. just never stop working on BCK because with more $$$$$ i think your one of the best developers in this world. "wipes brown from nose"

107. Re: dsmart Nov 7, 2005, 10:32  dsmart 

If you do enable the joystick I will purchase this game, as a matter of fact' I'll take your word on it and there is enough to like about what you have done so far that even if you didnt enable joysticks im very tempted to buy this game for the fourth time.

Hey Cheese; please read. This patch should be released by the weekend.

http://www.3000ad.com/downloads/ucawa/ucAWAvcf.html

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead

106. Re: dsmart Nov 7, 2005, 01:47 pob

10 print "cheese is evil."
20 goto 10
21 rem -no, really-

105. Re: dsmart Nov 7, 2005, 01:14 Bhruic

You're not very bright are you?
But do carry on with the circular arguments; you'll be playing alone 'cuz I'm done.

What is it with you, anyway? Just when you start to appear as a semi-normal human being, you have to pull this crap and remind everyone that you're not?

I guess insults as your stock-in-trade is as good as you get. It's too bad too, because if you didn't keep pulling this shit, you'd have a lot more people willing to check out your games.

104. Re: I dun'no Nov 7, 2005, 00:09 Ray Marden

You know, I think I was probably remembering Tachyon: The Fringe. I believe that game gave you the option to manually dock - literally to the point of flying your ship within a foot of the docking bay.

Unless I have that completely mixed up. I was playing that game while I was testing out X2, though.
I have not even loaded X3 for a day and a half now.
Edit: Alright, I have my games mixed up, but docking in X3 is still retarded. For the stations that just have the big 'ol clamp thingie, you just get near enough to them (1K?) and you automatically dock. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Argon trading station (I think?) had a full on landing deck for me to fly into and dock in, but no matter what I did, my ship kept on bouncing off the station. I used the external view to make sure I was flying properly and I was - but I would get a foot or so into the bay and bounce out. I flew threw the insides of the station (carefully as it is spinning) to the other end to see if I somehow hand the landing marker mis-placed, but that was the right end and it even showed other ships landing in it. I turned on auto-pilot to see what the would do and it rammed my ship into the station until my ship explodeded. Nice. Anyway, I tried the actual docking command, but it kept on giving me that crappy "command aborted" or whatever it is message. Finally, counting on the endless bugs and poor programming in X3, I flew all the way out to the beginning of the landing markers and attempted the docking command, immediately having it accepted and watching the game/computer fly me all the way into the same exact bay I was bouncing off of a million times.

Creston should be happy to know that I have actually tried trading and I have only lost money on one of them, but damn does this game have a lot of bugs. Does strafing improve later, does my ship just suck, or is it just limited in the game (IE was I spoiled by Tachyon?) Am i the only one that does not get the 3D view of my ship on the HUD as shown in the game manual? Why, when I have a Sidewinder (SHUT UP!,) do buttons five through eight do nothing when those exact buttons are referenced in the manual? Why does the manual list multiple commands for a specific (E) key?

Lubbing t3h manual docking,
Ray

-----
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.
This comment was edited on Nov 7, 11:12.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

103. Re: I dun'no Nov 6, 2005, 23:52 Teddy

Try it with an Argon or Teladi Trading station, and you'll see what I mean...

My test was ON an Argon trading station in Argon prime. Argon shipyard, argon equipment dock, Argon Free Trading Station. All three worked fine, mind you I only have a tiny little Mercury.

102. Re: dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 23:11 Overon

Toads are squishy and slimy.

I acknowledge your existence Mr Toad.

By the way, is there anyone who doesn't like cheese? I have yet to find a person that does not like any type of cheese. There is always a cheese that someone likes.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 23:19.

101. Re: dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 22:12 Celestial Toad

Hey come on!!! Someone plz notice that I changed my name from Celestial Toad to Subterranean Toad !!! I know I'm important !!!!

ST

100. Re: dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 20:11  dsmart 

TOTALLY different scenario. You're not very bright are you?

BC3K (1996) and BCM (2000) are DIFFERENT generation games.

X (2002), X2 (2004), X3 (2005) are the SAME generation; with the only difference between graphics and a few different features and enhancements.

Having four cockpits in a first gen game...which is 99% different from its next gen counterpart, is NOT the same thing.

But do carry on with the circular arguments; you'll be playing alone 'cuz I'm done.

99. Re: dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 19:04 Bhruic

I see the difference between your games, sure. But can't you admit that a similiar situation exists here? I mean, you can play word games if you want, but you went from having them in one game, to not having them in the next. Call that "just didn't have them" if you want, but it's the same thing that Egosoft did.

And I can't believe that you aren't familiar with the 'someone is going to complain about it no matter what you do' syndrome. Now we have lots of people complaining that there are no cockpits. But I'm sure we'd have at least as many people complaining if all they did was throw the old cockpits in like you suggest. Especially considering how bad they would look compared with the new graphics engine. You can't claim "If it's not broke, don't fix it" when it obviously is broken.

98. Re: dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 13:35  dsmart 

Wait, so you did the exact same thing, but you're complaining about them doing it?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=consistency

I'll save you the trouble of looking it up yourself.

Pay attention. Then go back and READ what I wrote.

My previous games BC3K and BC3K v2.0; the player only had control of ONE carrier, ONE fighter, ONE shuttle, ONE vehicle. So, doing cockpits wasn't a big deal. That's what? Four cockpits.

Since BCM (back in 1999) went into development when I allowed the player to control any of the 100+ units in the game, there were no cockpits. So, I didn't REMOVE cockpits; the game just didn't HAVE them.

See the difference? Probably not.

97. Re: Rate this Nov 6, 2005, 12:36 Bhruic

Please stop with the name calling.

Name calling? I don't think "daft" qualifies as name calling.

Anyway, you are probably the DAFT one

Wait, "stop with the name calling", but your next sentence echoes the very name calling you are criticizing? You might want to look up a concept called "consistency".

you are assuming that the game was only six months in development when they made that announcement. Thats not the case.

Telling me what I'm assuming is pretty stupid. Especially when you're wrong. I'm well aware that the expansion was in development prior to the switch to a full game. My point was that it was a mere 6 months from the point where the game was merely an expansion until they released it as a full game. There is no way that 6 months is enough time to create an entirely new game, and they specifically told people they weren't. Hence, if you were paying the slightest bit of attention, none of this would be a surprise.

Further, the expansion was supposed to be about what you described. So tell me, HOW does that explain the move from an expansion to a full blown - FULL PRICED - game? Not to mention a buggy one at that.

Again, if you were following things, you'd know the answer. The devs decided:
(a) That revamping the economic system couldn't be done as an expansion pack.
(b) That the simultaneous graphic engine improvements they were making for the then-scheduled next game were advanced enough that they could move the expansion material over.

Neither of those things would have made it in as a simple expansion.

Oh, and since we have no idea how buggy the expansion would have been at release point, trying to compare with X3 is kind of pointless, no?

But the point being, if it AIN'T BROKE; DON'T FUCKING FIX IT.
Since I removed it - two game generations (BCM...UC) ago, that noise about not having cockpits, has quieted down.

Wait, so you did the exact same thing, but you're complaining about them doing it?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=consistency

I'll save you the trouble of looking it up yourself.

96. Re: dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 11:38 Slink

Damn, what's so great about Space Rangers 2? I keep hearing about it. I want to play it. Is there a demo out or anything?

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

95. Re: dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 11:35 pob

"It takes me - WAY - back to my Star Flight (remember those two?) days. "

ah starflight seemed great. My dad bought it for me on a trip to the states (back in the 80s). The box is knocking around here somewhere, with the designers sitting in a space shuttle or something. It was a bit above me at the time, kind of preferred then type-tastic space-quest, but i do remember landing on a massive planet...and dying instantly from the 16g rated gravity.

94. Re: dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 11:00 Celestial Toad

Hey I changed my name from Celestial Toad to Subterranean Toad. Doesn't anyone even CARE ????

u ppl r meen

ST

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 11:00.

93. Re: dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 08:31  dsmart 

But I'll warn you ahead of time theres no way and I mean NOONE that you will ever reach the lofty heights of Space Rangers 2, as a matter of fact it just may be the best game I have ever played period.

No argument there; even though they are two different types of games. I LOVE Space Rangers 2. It takes me - WAY - back to my Star Flight (remember those two?) days.

dsmart your game has immersion in spades its just FRIGGIN hard to get to grips with all the controls even though I have to a degree, hell even your FPS modle is more sophisticated than alot of dedicated FPS how eveI feel your ALMOST there with the FPS stuff and the planet textures when in FPS mode in the woods is amazing to say the least.

Think of my games as the Falcon of space sims and you'll be fine.

No its not HL2 or Unreal warfare but for all you have happining in this game I really think youve done a great job with the graphics.

Indeed. But sadly, some people just don't realize that. They take one look at the fps stuff and start harping on how its just tacked on.

Now im angry at your dsmart because I have to disagree with you thinking this is a whjole new game because it looks like UC but with a graphics makeover, however im glad about that because I think thats all you need is a few more graphic touches here and there and bring back that good joystick support I had in BCM and

Actually I never billed it as a whole new game. Its just another episode in a long running series. Hence the $29.99 price tag. So, naturally its going to share some parts with the previous titles in the series. If you look at the dev VCF I linked to, you will see exactly what went into UCAWA. That was about eighteen months of work.

I think youll finnally reach the gold I had hoped David Braben reached but I have lost faith in him as I think hes a total screwball, not to consider releasing Elite4 is a crime. So hurry with that patch and make it known as I will be the first on line to get this new UCAWA.

No comment on David. I don't think that ANY Elite game that ever gets developed, will live up to the hype and expectations. I just can't see that happening. So I'm not entirely surprised that Elite IV is a no-show.

92. dsmart Nov 6, 2005, 08:05 Cheese

I suggested the wildlife back on your web site when you still had just released BCM sorry if I confused you on that one. Also I talked with you on the phone about doing your game music score, about 3 years ago.

This is why I dont feed into all the internet garbage about you cause I actually spoke with you and you took the time to sit down and talk at length with me shows your one of the best ppl on this earth let alone a good visionary.

If you do enable the joystick I will purchase this game, as a matter of fact' I'll take your word on it and there is enough to like about what you have done so far that even if you didnt enable joysticks im very tempted to buy this game for the fourth time.

Mabey this time you have a chance to crack my all time high list.

But I'll warn you ahead of time theres no way and I mean NOONE that you will ever reach the lofty heights of Space Rangers 2, as a matter of fact it just may be the best game I have ever played period.

Its true that I was one of the ppl screaming about the removal of cockpits in BCk2000 but your right because theres so much to do in your ship that you dont miss the cockpit at all , every min or so your getting a VERBAL warning about something happening which reinforces the immersion level alot, so you begin to not miss the cockpits.

But with X2 it NEEDS cockpits because the immersion level in that game is very questionable at best, reason being YOU CANT INTERACT with planets, DOGFIGHTING sucked in X2 and its slightley better in X3 i hear, So it needs all the help it can get and Cockpits were paramount to them achieving that for me.

dsmart your game has immersion in spades its just FRIGGIN hard to get to grips with all the controls even though I have to a degree, hell even your FPS modle is more sophisticated than alot of dedicated FPS how eveI feel your ALMOST there with the FPS stuff and the planet textures when in FPS mode in the woods is amazing to say the least.

No its not HL2 or Unreal warfare but for all you have happining in this game I really think youve done a great job with the graphics.

Now im angry at your dsmart because I have to disagree with you thinking this is a whjole new game because it looks like UC but with a graphics makeover, however im glad about that because I think thats all you need is a few more graphic touches here and there and bring back that good joystick support I had in BCM and I think youll finnally reach the gold I had hoped David Braben reached but I have lost faith in him as I think hes a total screwball, not to consider releasing Elite4 is a crime. So hurry with that patch and make it known as I will be the first on line to get this new UCAWA.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 08:22.

91. Re: Rate this Nov 6, 2005, 07:28  dsmart 

And if you expected anything else, you're daft, and you deserve to be disappointed. X3 changed from an X2 expansion around 6 months ago. Anyone who thought that they could come up with an amazing new game in 6 months is delusional. It wasn't going to happen. What's more, it wasn't planned to happen. X3 was always going to be X2 dressed up, with some of the notables improved (ie, the trading system and combat). Both of which have been improved.

Please stop with the name calling. Can't we keep ONE thread civil?

Anyway, you are probably the DAFT one because you are assuming that the game was only six months in development when they made that announcement. Thats not the case.

Further, the expansion was supposed to be about what you described. So tell me, HOW does that explain the move from an expansion to a full blown - FULL PRICED - game? Not to mention a buggy one at that.

They removed the cockpits because of the backlash they had in X2, when people complained that every race's cockpit looked the same, and everyone wanted a different cockpit for every ship.I believe that originally they were planning something to that extent, but with the new engine, their artists were already way too busy to be able to also draw 90+ cockpits. So they dumped cockpits because they had no time, not because they wanted the HUD.

Yep. But the point being, if it AIN'T BROKE; DON'T FUCKING FIX IT. Everyone please read:

http://www.igda.org/miami/meetings/2005-09.php

Worse case scenario, they could have simply made is a toggle so that those who wanted it as-is, could still have it. And those who didn't want it, could remove it. The HUD can be toggled on|off already.

This is the SAME issue I had with my game. I have a TON more crafts than any X2 game (not to mention the plethora of ground vehicles etc). Back (in BCM) when I expanded the game so that the player could control any craft|vehicle, I removed the cockpits (last seen in BC3K v2.0x) because it was a tremendous amount of work to say the least. Since I removed it - two game generations (BCM...UC) ago, that noise about not having cockpits, has quieted down.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 07:29.

110 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo