Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Spaceships Ahoy - Return to Infinite Space

This Shrapnel Games Press Release announces the availability of Return to Infinite Space, Digital Eel's sequel to their offbeat space adventure game. The game can be ordered from Gamer's Front, and here's a bit from the announcement:

Weird Worlds: Return To Infinite Space is the highly addictive Windows-based follow-up to Strange Adventures In Infinite Space. With a nod to today's hectic gamer on-the- go, Weird Worlds creates a fantastic universe of epic proportions, yet manages to squeeze it all into an improbably tightly wrapped shell.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Weird Worlds Nov 4, 2005, 19:35 Awesome Spume

Yeah... but it's not a 4x, like MOO(1-3).

It's essentially a puzzle game. I played the SAIIS demo through a few times and wasn't really taken by it. Had casual gamer written all over it. I wish them luck though. I favour indy developers.

Surprised to see Shrapnel publishing it though. I have a huge soft spot for Shrapnel after Space Empires IV. I just like indie publishers as well as developers. Indy publisher.... hmm, interesting concept.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Weird Worlds Nov 4, 2005, 17:52 Shadowcat

This is going to be one awesome game, guys.

With all the fantastic gameplay of "Strange Adventures in Infinite Space", but more, bigger, better, and way WAY prettier, I'm betting that Weird Worlds is going to kick some serious ass.

The developers have taken their time to get it just right (oh, the waiting!), and it's also been designed with modding in mind right from the start, so it's a game that will keep on giving.

They're working on a demo version too.

Seriously consider picking this one up, folks. Digital Eel are a great team who know what they're doing... this genuinely is a case of "by gamers, for gamers".

3. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2005, 13:31 kapeman

OMFG, MOO3 was awful!!! What a waste of time. I followed the development from early on and was sickened by how bad it was.

Same thing with Reach for the Stars 2!!!

2. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2005, 12:01 Semantics

ugh. moo3 was so bad.

1. No subject Nov 4, 2005, 11:53 Noctis

I am suprised the screenshots look pretty decent. I immediately thought, without reading anything, "This is probably better than MOO3!".

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo