Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Command & Conquer: The First Decade

EA Announces Command & Conquer The First Decade (thanks Frans) has word on a big old compilation in the works for the hugely popular RTS series:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 4, 2005--Experience the award-winning Command & Conquer(TM) (C&C) series like never before! Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS - News) today announced, Command & Conquer(TM) The First Decade, one of the largest PC franchise compilations to date. Scheduled for release in February 2006, the title celebrates the 10th anniversary of this innovative franchise. This special collector's edition will include a dozen of your favorite C&C games spanning over the last ten years plus a bonus DVD of commemorative video features.

With over 23 million units sold worldwide to date, the C&C franchise has defined the Real-time strategy (RTS) genre with cutting-edge visuals, epic storylines, and rich mission complexities. The series has evolved over a decade, spawned over a dozen titles, and continues to be the genre benchmark by which all RTS games are measured. With its explosive style of warfare, the C&C franchise has grown over the years to span multiple fictional genres, including the science fiction Tiberium universe, the revisionist history of the Red Alert(TM) universe, and a twist on modern warfare with Command & Conquer(TM) Generals.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Soundtrack Nov 6, 2005, 00:24 Allegra Geller

Now, if they took away the boring "special DVD of commemorative video features" and inserted Frank's C&C Soundtrack Collection, I would run out and get it.

But after thinking about it, buying "First Decade" period is like supporting EA Games instead of the late Westwood company and Frank Klepacki.

Here's to "SW: Empire at War"! YAY!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Soundtrack Nov 5, 2005, 00:16 Ant

Hehe, I still have that Best Buy's C&C Soundtrack Collection I got for free when I bought C&C:RA2! It has all the songs from original C&C:Tiberian Dawn to RA2. =) I'd say the Tiberian Dawn had the best music. o/~ I'm the mechanical man! o/~  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

29. Wow Nov 4, 2005, 23:27 John

This special collector's edition will include a dozen of your favorite C&C games...

I didn't know there were even half a dozen. I guess that must include the expansions too. I think some of that was before I got into RTS games much. Although, I did play some of Red Alert and all of Tiberian Sun. Didn't like the Generals demo much for some reason.

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N Going to finish game before I start a new character me thinks

This space is available for rent

28. Re: Soundtrack Nov 4, 2005, 23:18 kanniballl

On a somewhat related note, Red Alert’s soundtrack rocked, I loved its funky-metal sounds. Whenever I heard that song they played (something-march maybe?) during the trailer I just wanted to play the game plain and simple.

I loved "Hell March" but I feel so guilty listening to it. Let me explain.

Until my job situation improves I'm still living at my old home. I'm currently sleeping in the room where both of my grandparents passed away. My grandfather was sent to forced labor camp during WWII. So, listening to that song with some of the voices on it... it just doesn't feel right.

Man I need to move out, for more reasons than that.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurmama

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

27. Re: hell march? Nov 4, 2005, 22:15 Animals for Crackers

On a somewhat related note, Red Alert’s soundtrack rocked, I loved its funky-metal sounds. Whenever I heard that song they played (something-march maybe?) during the trailer I just wanted to play the game plain and simple.

:O Man I loved that soundtrack...the transitions from crazy guitar riffs to techno-funk spy themed beats really enhanced the pacing of the gameplay that much more. Mechwarrior 2 (from that period) also had an exceptional soundtrack.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 22:16.

26. Re: hell march? Nov 4, 2005, 21:59 The Fox

"Hell March" was awesome. A lot of the soundtrack tunes were pretty cool.

I hope that they add a skirmish mode to the Tiberian Dawn.

Updated graphics, and a better menu system would be nice.

"That was left handed!" ... ah the memories.

25. hell march? Nov 4, 2005, 17:51 Razerious

you mean hell march? I loved the red alert soundtrack

24. Re: Soundtrack Nov 4, 2005, 17:03 Overflow

I feel the same way about that intro. Pumps you up to play.

23. Re: Soundtrack Nov 4, 2005, 16:12 Yosemite Sam

Meh old games are for the archives, give me a new shiny C&C to play.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

22. Soundtrack Nov 4, 2005, 16:04 Of Rock Star Fame

21. Re: cool. Nov 4, 2005, 15:18 Devster

Hmmm...and how much will this run?
Yeah. if it was timed better, be a great way to set up some christmas gifting. :-) Distributed on DVD is a selling point regardless of game, but adding the XP support (with multi, I hesitate to infer) is goodness. Those should run like snot on today's gear.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

20. Renegade & TSun Nov 4, 2005, 14:54 Zephalephelah

Renegade is an awesome game. When I played Battlefield, I thought to myself, I've already played this, only in a better form since destroying the vehicles actually meant something.

Tiberian Sun was almost the perfect game, until after 2 weeks beyond the release date when the children ruined it and made it the game of destroying the enemy in less than 2 mins to get a better rank. At that point, it became a shit game that was like rolling dice. If you can find and kill the enemy's sole objective piece, you can continue to play, else you lose. Fucking kids ruin everything. That's why so many people cheat on CS. Stupid little bratty ass bitches that can't play & need to feel like a hero so they download their skills. Makes me sick.

19. Re: First C&C game... Nov 4, 2005, 14:38 Fantaz

I've got a sinking feeling that even if there's ever going to be another C&C game come out from EA is that it's just going to be another disappointment to C&C fans. Why do you even bother, Aaron? Just stop the madness!

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 14:40.

18. First C&C game... Nov 4, 2005, 14:24 Ant

I wonder if this will be C&C Gold or the old DOS version. I assume there are no enhancements to the games except making work in current OS' and systems. Am I correct?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

17. ahhh crap Nov 4, 2005, 14:22 Hump

I was hoping the "big announcement" was going to be Renegade 2.

I can't understand how EA can ignore doing a sequel seeing FPS/Vehicular online play is the "big thing" now. Renegade 1 was a ton of fun and theres still quite a sizeable amount of people playing it on the weekends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

16. Re: No subject Nov 4, 2005, 13:31 ExcessDan

You can still do a direct IP connection if you really want

Well I never could. Even with the latest patches I found it impossible. I even bypassed my router.

I think they are dumb to release this compilation AFTER Xmas.

Mayor Dan
------------
http://www.last.fm/user/danorama/

ExcessDan

15. Re: cool. Nov 4, 2005, 13:15 nin

This was posted by the C&C community manager in a comment thread on CNCDEN:

2. What was not mentioned in the press release is: ALL the games in the collection pack will be playable on Windows XP on DVD. This is not a simple export code to WIN XP process. It's actually a very complicated technical process and we have a development team dedicated to making it happen.

Hmmm...and how much will this run?

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: cool. Nov 4, 2005, 12:59 tootbrush

This was posted by the C&C community manager in a comment thread on CNCDEN:

2. What was not mentioned in the press release is: ALL the games in the collection pack will be playable on Windows XP on DVD. This is not a simple export code to WIN XP process. It's actually a very complicated technical process and we have a development team dedicated to making it happen.

13. No subject Nov 4, 2005, 12:41 Semantics

I may have to get this. Haven't played any of them since Red Alert.

12. No subject Nov 4, 2005, 12:35 Nachoman

Bah, at least update the graphics. I'd love to play Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert(1) on the Generals engine. Alternatively, give us Tiberian Twilight, and leave out the cheese on this one... please?

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo