Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Hammer & Sickle

CDV announces that Hammer & Sickle is gold, and that the Cold War RPG should infiltrate North American stores on December 5:

November 2, 2005 – CDV’s highly anticipated tactical RPG, Hammer and Sickle, has gone gold for PC today. The game, which is set to ship in North America on December 5, places gamers in the role of a Soviet spy working to prevent a nuclear showdown between the world’s superpowers. More info about the game is available at http://www.hammer-sickle.com.

Hammer & Sickle is a tactical RPG set in the spring of 1949. In the game, the player will assume the role of a top Soviet spy on clandestine duty in the British-American controlled sector of Germany during the early years of the budding Cold War. In a world where no one is quite who they appear to be, the player is trapped in a hellish plot that could trigger a third world war, this time between the United States and Soviet Union and their respective nuclear arsenals. Gamers will have to navigate a web of intrigue and make decisions that could determine the fate of the world.

View
11. Re: About H&S... Nov 3, 2005, 21:50 Slaughter

Yeah, you might be right regarding Night Watch. I'll report it if I find out anything new.

Regarding WoW, I've heard it's a lot of fun. Your 10 months is a statements to that I guess ;). D&D also sounds like a treat! Love P&P RPGs, and Forgotten Realms is an interesting world - especially Menzoberranzan. Personally I've never played any MMO games because I fear getting addicted, but if I were to try one I think it would have to be EVE Online. I really like Freelancer, and EVE sounds like the closest thing online.

As for Aftershock, I am shocked by the leap in quality as well. I've played close to 50 missions like you, and it gets better an better! Didn't fall for it immediately, but now it's 3:47 am ;). There's still room for improvement, but ALTAR made something truly great here. Aftermath was a little disappointing, so this is quite a relief!

If you give D&D Online a go, let me know what you think.

Greetings from Olav (Staff at http://www.strategycore.co.uk, Slaughter)
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 2, 11:57 RpgRpgRpg FourPak
  2. Nov 2, 12:51  Re: RpgRpgRpg Sty
  3. Nov 2, 15:24   Re: RpgRpgRpg Slaughter
  4. Nov 2, 15:42 No subject space captain
  5. Nov 2, 19:42  Re: No subject JoeBlack
  6. Nov 2, 21:28   SahWEEET! Paranoid Jack
  7. Nov 2, 22:38 Very awesome Bet
  8. Nov 3, 04:05  Re: Very awesome Duc
  9. Nov 3, 11:26 About H&S... Slaughter
  10. Nov 3, 21:14  Re: About H&S... Paranoid Jack