Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diplomacy Demo

A demo for Diplomacy is now available, offering the chance to sample the new computer adaptation of the classic board game. The 94 MB turn-based strategy demo is available on Boomtown (registration required), FileFront, FileNuts, Gamer's Hell, VGPro, and Worthplaying.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2005, 06:54 Nexus

I have to say that I really liked the way you could propose a whole set of moves using combinations of your own and allied forces, but I get the impression that there may not be chat based negotiation in multiplayer, which would really be crippling. I think I'm going to have an easier time getting people in the office to play Civ4 over lunch though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: No subject Oct 27, 2005, 18:41 Geese

Agreed. There's a lot to read, but that's good if you've never played Diplomacy. However, I would suspect most people interested in this *have* played it. The interface seems very nice so far (I've only been through about 20% of the tutorial, and that took almost 15-20 minutes. The playing surface looks nice, very boardgame like, with some nice touches like a generic ripple effect for water and the units have shadows that ever so slightly move from side to side to keep the board from looking too static) I wonder though about the AI, since apparently there's no way to actually play against it in the demo.

Proabably a moot point as Diplomacy really needs to be played with humans (it has multiplayer), as the negotiation is just as important (if not moreso) than the tactics.

Spread the O&A Virus on XM Radio Channel 202
http://www.opieandanthony.com
http://www.xmradio.com

4. No subject Oct 27, 2005, 17:54 Nexus

Looks like a solid conversion of the original game, but the demo is mainly a tutorial with a lot of text to read.

3. Re: Anybody tried this yet? Oct 27, 2005, 16:20 lallous

?

2. Re: Anybody tried this yet? Oct 27, 2005, 14:22 Sepharo

WTD?

1. Anybody tried this yet? Oct 27, 2005, 13:59 lallous

can anyone update us on how good this is? is it worth the download?

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo