Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unofficial German F.E.A.R. Patches

New unofficial F.E.A.R. German patches are now available as an end-around to the censorship of gore from Monolith's first-person shooter by adding the game's uncut content to the cut-down Deutsch edition. There is a patch to update the German retail version or the version 1.01, before the German version 1.01 patch is even available. The downloads can be found on justFEAR.de and mirrored on Worthplaying.

View
8. Re: ... Oct 26, 2005, 02:03 m00t

Erm, I don't think they're all banned per se. They're Indexed, yes, meaning they can't be displayed on shelves or advertised. I think there is a ban re: Nazi-related material, but violent games are only placed on the Index.

Likewise, I don't think they give a crap about what you do with it after you buy it.
C&C had black "oil" instead of blood. But a simple tweak changed it back and nobody cared.

/caveat: I'm not German. I've spent a total of 3 hours in the country. I didn't buy any games or visit any game stores.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 24, 19:55 Huh... John
  2. Oct 24, 20:00  Re: Huh... Chipper
  3. Oct 24, 21:47   Re: Huh... Malakai
  4. Oct 24, 22:01 No subject EMkaEL
  5. Oct 25, 03:46 No subject Shadow=ASP=
  6. Oct 25, 09:51 ... theyarecomingforyou
  7. Oct 25, 10:29  Re: ... Riley Pizt
>> 8. Oct 26, 02:03   Re: ... m00t

footer

.. .. ..