Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Postal Movie Plans

Running With Scissors announces plans for a movie based on Postal, good news for fans of other game movie projects hopeful someone would keep director Uwe Boll occupied elsewhere. Here's word on the Postal movie, slated to shoot next year for a release in 2007:

Infamous Film Director Uwe Boll Signs Suicide Pact with Game Developer Running With Scissors
Tucson, AZ Start firing those AK-47s into the air because POSTAL (http://www.gopostal.com/), the game franchise that politicians, parents groups, countless cowardly reviewers and over a dozen sovereign nations don't want you to play has just become the latest game to make the transition to the big screen.

Running with Scissors (RWS), the world's most dangerous software company, has signed an appropriately apocalyptic deal with renegade filmmaker Uwe Boll (http://www.boll-kg.de/) to bring the most controversial franchise in gaming history to the screen in all its blood-drenched, ironic glory.

Despite everyone from Steven Spielberg to Microsoft announcing big money deals involving films based on video games, this new partnership between controversial figures in the game and film industries is destined to become the most incendiary game-to-film deal yet.

"Uwe Boll is the perfect producer-director to make POSTAL," affirmed Running With Scissors' CEO Vince Desi. "He understands the subject matter and has an appreciation and affinity for controversy and political incorrectness. POSTAL has always been about reason and insanity, violence and motivation; producer-director Uwe Boll is simply the right guy to bring that vision to the screen."

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. Re: No subject Oct 26, 2005, 04:31 Sven Viking

If only this press release was about a Myst movie being made. I never liked the gameplay in Myst but the only that kept me coming back was the story.

Count your blessings... it could have been a press release about a Myst movie being made by Uwe Boll!

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 04:34.

Sven Viking
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Uwe Oct 26, 2005, 01:44 anon@24.76

kobalt, what are you talking about?
"I never said I knew nothing of the game, or that it was shitty"
well, from reading your comments everyone would think you said exactly that.
Here; "why Uwe Boll keeps picking shitty and obscure games to make movies out of?"

So to the average reader it would look like you are saying alone in the dark is both shitty and that you knew nothing of the game, hence obscure...

45. Re: No subject Oct 25, 2005, 14:45 Kxmode

It was THE Resident Evil of it's time. It would be like calling Myst a cult classic, that many haven't played.

If only this press release was about a Myst movie being made. I never liked the gameplay in Myst but the only that kept me coming back was the story.

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_driftwood.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 14:46.

44. Re: No subject Oct 25, 2005, 12:37 Sepharo

Kobalt, you're still wrong. I hardly consider myself "hardcore" if only because of my age. I am only 19 but along with Myst, 7th Guest, the only game I had on CD-ROM at the time with my first computer was Alone in the Dark. I've seen alone in the dark featured in PC gaming magazines all the time as an influential game, it has been played by many PC gamers. You don't need to be hardcore to have played Alone in the Dark. It was THE Resident Evil of it's time. It would be like calling Myst a cult classic, that many haven't played.

43. this will never get made Oct 25, 2005, 03:28 mrBallistic

uwe has the rights to many, many games at this point. do you really think that many (or any) of these will get green lighted? probably not... but at least he can tie up the rights so that someone who actually wants to make the movie in good faith can't.  

---

check my site, download my mp3s:
http://www.mrballistic.com/

42. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2005, 23:59 Kobalt

The fact that you consider Alone in the Dark shitty and obscure is sad, and that's the only word for it. Not sad pathetic, but sad sad. Alone in the Dark was the first survival horror game ever made, and its one of the best in the genre. It had amazing 3D visuals and gameplay, and incorporated Lovecraftian mythos that made for a frightening and freaky experience. It was and still is an awesome game. The fact that you don't know anything about it is just a sad thing, because it means the games of the Golden Age of the industry are falling into obscurity, and entire generations will never experience them.

I never said I knew nothing of the game, or that it was shitty. But it's pretty safe to say that even if resident evil wouldn't have been made without alone in the dark to influence capcom, there are a hell of alot of people that know about only resident evil. Please, try and find many people that ever played the game, I didn't, and im as hardcore as they come. It's like being surprised a ton of people don't know much about Ico. Good game? Yes. Cult classic? Also yes, and obviously cult classics are not widely known. My point was, why make movies on cult classics rather then hits like metal gear or ninja gaiden.

By the way, to the person that said it might be because the developers don't want someone to fuck up their ip, have you seen the japanese dead or alive movie? ;p
This comment was edited on Oct 25, 00:03.

41. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2005, 22:26 Lactose The Intolerant

Postal 2 would of been fine if the combat didn't suck so much.

40. No subject Oct 24, 2005, 22:23 Kxmode

"Infamous Film Director Uwe Boll"???? I think not! Let's look into his portfolio shall we: Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead. Ummm yeah right okay whatever! And someone needs to tell Uwe that "The Devil's Rejects" was already made, and was a successful film! Postal isn't even a good game let alone movie material. Uwe do us a favor and please just slip on those scissors your running with!

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_driftwood.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

39. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2005, 22:02 Dreagon

"Owww, am I the only one to like postal 2?"

Nah, I enjoyed it too. It was a great sandbox game. And the fact that Uwe Boll is the worlds suckiest movie maker probably makes him the only natural choice to make this movie.

------
Carpe Papilla

------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou

38. Re: Uwe Oct 24, 2005, 21:20 SmyTTor

Hmm... didn't they already make this movie? I'm sure they did. It had Woody Harrelson and Juliette Lewis as "Mickey" and "Mallory". Natural Born Killers it was called.

37. Re: Uwe Oct 24, 2005, 20:25 SidVicious

"Take House of the Dead. It had an estimated 7mil budget and made 10mil at the box office and 1mil from rentals. This from a movie that got 7% on the Tomatometer. RWS is just hoping to make a tiny bit of money off an expected flop."

$11 million revenue... on a movie with a $12 million production budget. And another $10 million spent on advertising.

Sorry, bro, that one stank it up like all the rest of his cinematic roadkill.

Check it: http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=houseofthedead.htm

36. Postal 2 Oct 24, 2005, 19:01 Killer Kane

That game had some of the funniest AND most sadisticly annoying game sections EVER , its as if they sat around and said "hey, lets put in a long load screen every 20 feet"! or "lets charge for the multyplayer add on"....that said I still marvel at some of the gameplay ( shooting Bin Ladin , burning down the Gay Bar , killing Gary Coleman ,Elephant BBQ's , Cat Silencers ,Peeing into the VD testing machine AND on your Father's grave , raining kitties during the Apocalypse, waking up as THE GIMP !!! the list goes on & on ( and YES , i'm a sick puppy )

"I've taken a vow of celibacy....but it was called a WEDDING vow at THE TIME !"

35. No subject Oct 24, 2005, 18:59 Chipper

Owww, am I the only one to like postal 2? Yeah, technically the games is tripe, but its fun, and thats the whole bloody point. I dont play postal 2 for an intellectally challenging hour of gaming, or fast action fraggin, I play it to kill cops, cover people in petrol and set them alight and to shove shotguns up cats asses. Some people just take this game and RWS comments way to seriously.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 19:00.

Gather 'round children and i'll tell you a tale,
Of chipper the ripper the chipmunk from hell

34. Re: Uwe Oct 24, 2005, 18:51 Speckled Jim

For those that can't wait for this to come out on DVD, I suggest the following shortcut.

Take an empty DVD case, open, and crap into it. Shut and replace on your shelf.

33. Re: Uwe Oct 24, 2005, 18:50 Quboid

Even if you dont like his movies, POSTAL is the right title for him to convert to film!

You misspelt "because". I don't care about the offensiveness of Postal 2, I care about the fact that it was rubbish and ridiculously slow thanks to endless level loads. I think not caring about the offensiveness removed the one interesting aspect. I've never seen a Boll movie but the ratings on the IMDb for his movies are truely appalling.

Quboid

- Quboid

32. Re: Uwe Oct 24, 2005, 18:10  gumbysgreenwang 

Hey guys, Mike J from Running With Scissors here. We make games for fun and for the hell of it! We are an independant developer and he is an independant film director. Even if you dont like his movies, POSTAL is the right title for him to convert to film!  
"Lets see some Bananas and Nuts!!" - Tobias Funke

31. Re: Uwe Oct 24, 2005, 17:13 Yakuza

Can anyone explain why Uwe Boll keeps picking shitty and obscure games to make movies out of? Seriously, instead of fucking house of the dead and alone in the dark, how about a metal gear or ninja gaiden movie? Not that I would want that to happen, but what exactly is his reasoning to picking not well known games to make movies of?

The fact that you consider Alone in the Dark shitty and obscure is sad, and that's the only word for it. Not sad pathetic, but sad sad. Alone in the Dark was the first survival horror game ever made, and its one of the best in the genre. It had amazing 3D visuals and gameplay, and incorporated Lovecraftian mythos that made for a frightening and freaky experience. It was and still is an awesome game. The fact that you don't know anything about it is just a sad thing, because it means the games of the Golden Age of the industry are falling into obscurity, and entire generations will never experience them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_in_the_Dark_%28series%29

30. Vince Desi is a sleazebag Oct 24, 2005, 16:19 DefBringer

Running With Scissors does not understand their product sucks. These guys really do believe that the gaming industry is "out to get them" and that reviewers were paid to hate their game. The fact remains Postal 2 was a horrible game.

and Vince Desi? Honestly, have you guys seen pictures of this guy? Or read what he's said in past interviews?

29. Re: Come on... Oct 24, 2005, 15:44 Tony!!!

One of the dumbest and most boring pc games ever released. Why is money being wasted on a movie of this.

Some folks just don't have a clue.

-Tony!!!;)

-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

28. Re: Come on... Oct 24, 2005, 15:11 Fantaz

Sepharo, I think you're on to something.

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo