Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: I feel bad... Oct 25, 2005, 10:20 Kevlar

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Event Horizon. Not necessarily a great film, but that was kinda-sorta what I was hoping the Doom movie would be (at least in terms of its visual representation).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: I feel bad... Oct 25, 2005, 04:28 The Half Elf

Honestly I think they kept away from the Hell stuff due to budget. It's alot cheaper to just have people in costumes and keep CGI costs down. At least that's my best guesstimate, I mean I would really like to see the money that was spent on LOTR, Star Wars 1-3, Spider Man 1-2, The Matrix 2-3, and even Constantine for the CGI shots.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: I feel bad... Oct 25, 2005, 02:26 Beaner

The movie was "DOOMED" from the beginning. Hollywood doesnt get it, but hey they're probaly doomed as well.

10. I feel bad... Oct 24, 2005, 23:09 indiv

I feel bad that I actually contributed to Doom's weekend sales.

9. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2005, 22:17 Prez

Welcome to conservative, politically correct, religious UNITED STATES of AMERICA! Making a movie about Hell is a SIN didn't ya know?

For what it's worth, no it isn't a sin. In this case a bad choice was made NOT making hell the source of the demons.

Remember "Devil's Advocate"? Pacino's career didn't suffer any from his role as the devil.

I don't think religion had anything to do with this, though some people just use any excuse to take potshots.

Ack! I've probably said too much already...

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 22:18.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2005, 21:33 SmyTTor

Hell, the Vatican condemns Harry Potter. You don't see Warner Bros halting production or pulling DVDs, do you?

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 21:34.

7. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2005, 19:15 MindTrigger

Why No Hell Theme??

Welcome to conservative, politically correct, religious UNITED STATES of AMERICA! Making a movie about Hell is a SIN didn't ya know?

---
BF2 Player Name: "MindTrigger"
"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you."

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

6. No subject Oct 24, 2005, 16:02 DangerDog

Hollywood have a conscience? I find that hard to believe, besides it was rated R, Having demons from hell wouldn’t have been any worse than all these other vampire/zombie movies that keep rolling off the assembly line.

I still can’t believe how they managed to screw up something so simple, the original Doom did have a story: ONE man against an army of demons from hell! (I hate it when people say that it didn’t), people loved it, it had great atmosphere and was unnervingly scary.

Well, I hope J.C. got enough money to continue playing with his rockets.

5. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2005, 15:05 Fantaz

My guess as to why the film makers droped the satanic hellish theme was because they didn't want to get into serious shit with religious fanatics, which probably would've happend anyways.

4. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2005, 14:23 Ray Marden

Yeah - not really sure how Carmack can be taking an "O RLY, a Doom movie???" approach given that, oh, he (partially) owns id, the Doom franchise, and sold away the move rights.
Does he say the same things about his games?
As for the movie, nobody really wanted to see it and I cannot see myself going out of my way to see it. I do want to see the DVD when it comes out, but rental only. I knew it would never be good, but I was hoping it would at least be ok or something quirky like Resident Evil, but the prevailing comment (from people I know) is that it was more bad than ok.

Shrugging,
Ray

-----
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

3. No subject Oct 24, 2005, 13:57 DangerDog

Amazing, make a shitty movie and nobody wants to see it.

"I do wish they had kept the true satanic / hellish theme" - John Carmack

WTF? I thought id had to sign off on it before it could be made, atleast that's what I've read all along.

2. Re: Doom is doomed Oct 24, 2005, 12:07 Bhruic

I'm just impressed I didn't see a single "piracy is killing the movie industry" quote (or equivalent) in there anywhere.

1. Doom is doomed Oct 24, 2005, 12:00 jeffmd

Carmac was paid hansomly for that little bit of praise for the giant turd known as doom the movie.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo