Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

They moved the Kansas City versus Miami NFL game up from Sunday to tonight to stay out of the path of the latest hurricane. So why didn't they put the game on national TV? Someone get Commissioner Tagliabue into my office... I need to have a talk with him.

R.I.P.: 'Little Rascals' Actor Gordon Lee Dies.

Untelevised Links! Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play: Which Fantasy-SciFi Character Are You? Captain Kirk here.
Wax on Wax HOFF. Creepiest "Play" evar?
Links: Pixilante T-Shirts.
Stories: Lost Numbers Lose Millions.
Science: Cleaner, crazier cars on show in Tokyo.
Out-of-this-world sex could jeopardise missions. Works for me, I mean Kirk.
Sci Fi goes Sci Fi.
Baby Yoda. Thanks Heather and Zathrus.
Follow-ups: Clear skies for Virgin spaceliner.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Which Fantasy-SciFi Character Are Y Oct 23, 2005, 06:49 Ray Marden

Thank you, Dan, for posting.

I am not the only sad, pathetic person to be labeled Wesley @#$%%$@ Crusher.
Talk about depressing!
Edit: Tweaked one or two answers (You know, I really want immortality...my friend may ahve to go...) and came up with a much more...well, a more respectable result of James T. Kirk:

An impassioned commander with more respect for individuals than for authority, you have a no-holds-barred approach to life and its obstacles.

I don't believe in the no-win scenario.

Going to try retaking the test... :|,
Ray

-----
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.
This comment was edited on Oct 23, 06:53.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. YAK Oct 22, 2005, 16:23 Devster

Yet another kirk. Though I do share Blue's birthday, so maybe that's the connection.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

46. Re: I'm Kosh ??? Oct 22, 2005, 14:01 Bucky

They are witches!

Brun them!

Bucky turned me into a newt!

It was fun, and you know it. Anyway, I'd have stopped but the townfolk can't seem to burn me alive correctly.

Alright, got me some free time today. I'll get a Space Rangers 2 description up when blue decides to update.

---
"Pain, or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back." -Al Swearengen

Guild Wars: Alia Arjel Mo/N

45. No subject Oct 22, 2005, 13:55 space captain

But you'll be dead in under 4 years..

its better to burn out than fade away..

"I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like...tears in rain. Time to die."

Go forth, and kill!

44. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2005, 13:37 Jeraxle

<---- Gandalf here.. =)

http://www.talkprostar.com

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

43. Wax on Wax Hoff Oct 22, 2005, 13:26 Jeraxle

Am I the only one here that's disturbed that you can actually tear off his nipple with this game? =) The most chilling part is that he's still smiling afterwards... =)

http://www.talkprostar.com

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

42. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2005, 13:25 indiv

Another Kosh here. Didn't watch Babylon 5 so I don't know who that is.

41. No subject Oct 22, 2005, 12:28 Riley Pizt

I see that the impact of "Out-of-this-world sex could jeopardise missions" can be felt already with "Clear skies for Virgin spaceliner."

Blue, was posting those two stories together deliberate or just serendipity?

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 12:34.

40. Re: Off topic - unions Oct 22, 2005, 12:19 xXBatmanXx

suppose this is going to come across as bashing humanity, but from what I've observed, there are a TON of people out there too lazy and dumb to invest for retirement. These people tend to live for the moment, with seemingly no consideration for the future.

I wonder what will eventually happen with all these people - - will they all end up in some huge gov. sponsored poor house?

Those of us who put away a very sizeable amount of private investment will most likely "voluntarily" relieve ourselves of our Social Security payments to help in paying for those who weren't as intelligent as we were/are.

Batman... Batman... Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a BAT gets all of my press?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

39. Forget Baby Yoda! Oct 22, 2005, 12:17 coupland

Who cares about Baby Yoda? An arts and crafts forum populated entirely by hawt women! Blue, you are a godsend...

Now men, I want an orderly and even dispersal, on my mark. Move out!

38. Re: Off topic - unions Oct 22, 2005, 12:14 banddirector

WTF? I am too lazy and dumb to invest my own $$$ towards retirement ?!?!?

I suppose this is going to come across as bashing humanity, but from what I've observed, there are a TON of people out there too lazy and dumb to invest for retirement. These people tend to live for the moment, with seemingly no consideration for the future.

I wonder what will eventually happen with all these people - - will they all end up in some huge gov. sponsored poor house?

-----------------------------------
I like Pop Tarts

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

37. Re: Character Oct 22, 2005, 12:13 Zathrus

I mean, come on.

I agree. The suit is absurd -- Apple has already issued a recall on the affected nano's and some independant testing (Ars Technica for example) certainly showed that it wasn't systematic.

Whatever lawyer accepted this case didn't do their homework.

Or exchange it for a Creative Zen, which most serious promblem is that the battery drains while it's off.

They all do that and there's nothing that can prevent it -- its part of the battery technology and the reality behind "soft off" interfaces.

Beyond that, I'd say the biggest problem with the Zen is that it's made by Creative, and comes with their ungodly evil software. And the interface sucks in comparison to the iPod.

Also, if people have music from iTunes then it won't play on anything but an iPod.

36. Footbal Game Oct 22, 2005, 11:45 jm0ris0n

Never Mind, I am a moron !

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 11:46.

35. Re: damn Blue.... Oct 22, 2005, 11:23 xXBatmanXx

I stay up SUPER late (1:00 CST) and all this talk about schedules and updates and junk, and I was hoping for some news before I hit the sack. (gettin' old.)

Oh well.

I wake up from a slumber. No updates!?

Batman... Batman... Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a BAT gets all of my press?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

34. Re: Character Oct 22, 2005, 10:56 Gen. Hospital

Samwise Gamgee

A brave and loyal associate full of optimism, you remain true to your friends and their efforts, to whatever end.

But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.

Samwise is a character in the Middle-Earth universe. You can read more about him at TheOneRing.net.

That's good, right?

EDIT: Saw this over at neowin.net:

http://news.com.com/Suit+filed+over+Nano+scratches/2100-1047_3-5906399.html?tag=nefd.top

I mean, come on.
Take it back. Or exchange it for a Creative Zen, which most serious promblem is that the battery drains while it's off.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 11:41.

33. Re: I'm Kosh ??? Oct 22, 2005, 10:13 Enahs

You and Bucky are officially heathens. And should be banned from geek society until you remedy the situation.

They are witches!

Brun them!

Bucky turned me into a newt!

http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/bluesnewsmembers
Show me where you live! I promise it will only hurt the first time.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

32. Re: Which Fantasy-SciFi Character Are Y Oct 22, 2005, 09:53 mag

Another Picard, here. Woo, Picard!

31. Off topic - unions Oct 22, 2005, 09:15 Warhawk

Saw this in the paper this morning:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/politics/story/13752315p-14594074c.html

For the first time a state employees union has agreed to allow its members to opt out of the state retirement system and to allow pensions for new workers to be calculated on an average of their three-highest salary years - changes the Schwarzenegger administration says it wants to pursue with other unions.

The union representing state lawyers and administrative law judges agreed to the changes in a new tentative two-year contract that still must be approved by union members and lawmakers, the state announced Friday.

State employee pensions now are based on the worker's single highest year of salary.

"This represents the kind of common-sense reform the administration came to office to implement," Jolley said. "It balances the needs of the state to attract and retain a qualified work force with the need to keep an eye on the cost."

The two-year contract, including pension changes, awaits a vote by the 3,400 members of the California Attorneys, Administrative Law Judges and Hearing Officers in State Employment.

To take effect, it also will require legislative approval, Jolley said.

"If it is part of a collective bargaining agreement, the Legislature would likely look favorably on it," said Richard Stapler, spokesman for Assembly Speaker Fabian Nez, D-Los Angeles.

The tentative deal also would require attorneys to contribute an additional 1 percent in income to their pensions, bringing their total contribution to 6 percent.

In a first for the state's civil service employees, the lawyers - both new hires and current employees - would have the choice of opting out of the California Public Employees' Retirement System. If they do so, they can take home roughly another 10 percent of their salary, Jolley said.

Sounds good to me (I am privately employed with a 401k plan) as I really wish this f@$#ed up state could get it's finances in order, and this would be one small step in that direction. What kills me is the union response:

"I think that's ludicrous," said Aaron Read, a lobbyist for several state employee unions. "Everyone knows that Social Security by itself is inadequate. ... It depends on whether they (workers) are disciplined enough to invest on the side and whether they're smart enough to make the right investments to augment Social Security. Some people probably could, but most probably can't."

If I were in that union (remember: California Attorneys, Administrative Law Judges and Hearing Officers in State Employment), I'd be like, WTF? I am too lazy and dumb to invest my own $$$ towards retirement ?!?!?

*** Warhawk ***

I made the armor myself. It's not magic, it's just shiny.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

30. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2005, 09:02 Bhruic

Hmm. Kosh as well. Considering how low he is one the list (only Delenn is lower), it's surprising we have so many of him in the thread.

I'm the good Kosh, of course.

29. Re: No subject Oct 22, 2005, 08:23 The Half Elf

Kirk, James T.

*goes running off a cliff* KKAAAAAAAAHHHHHHNNNNNNNN! *thud*

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo