Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Patches

New Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory patches are now available updating various editions of the stealth third-person shooter to version 1.05, adding a pair of new co-op missions. One or all of the patches updating the international retail and downloadable versions of the game can be found on 3D Gamers, Filecloud, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and Worthplaying.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Copy Protection... Oct 19, 2005, 15:26 nin

Well whatever their reasons, this will be my last purchase of a starfoce protected game. As far as I am concerned Ubi owes me a game for the one I just bought and can't play.

From todays penny-arcade.com :

I'd love to tell you about F.E.A.R., but the SecuROM security on the DVD won't allow me to install the game that I bought legitimately. I'm currently trying to decide if I should return it for a CD version I might have better luck with, or just return it straight up and get my hands on one of the other ten absolutely necessary games hitting this month.

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Copy Protection... Oct 19, 2005, 15:23 Cabezone

Well whatever their reasons, this will be my last purchase of a starfoce protected game. As far as I am concerned Ubi owes me a game for the one I just bought and can't play.

"We're not the same, I'm an American, you're a sick a--hole." - William 'D-Fens' Foster

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

9. Re: Copy Protection... Oct 19, 2005, 09:30 brokencrow

This patch is a "Stealth Insertion" of a newer version of Starforce. UBI got caught with their pants down with Brothers in Arms and StarW**K are scrambling to "reprotect" everything.

S

8. Copy Protection... Oct 19, 2005, 08:31 MacLeod

I'd actually want to know if it updated the copy protection to include the 64-bit version of it, so the game is finally playable on Windows x64.

7. No subject Oct 19, 2005, 04:12 Shadow=ASP=

Has anyone tried the new coop maps yet?
Are they comparrable in size with any of the existing coop maps?

6. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2005, 22:36 Cabezone

Yeah I sometimes can't even play the game because of the starforce protection. It just fails to read the DVD sometimes, even after doing everything that they say to do to get it working.

It just doesn't make sense to be to make legitimate cutomers jump through hoops to play a game, when the pirates crack it no matter what.

"We're not the same, I'm an American, you're a sick a--hole." - William 'D-Fens' Foster

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 22:38.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

5. No subject Oct 18, 2005, 19:27 D4rkKnight

I think a better question is...is this the patch that makes coop over internet WORK?

4. No subject Oct 18, 2005, 16:48 Rosco

They were levels released for the original Splinter Cell game to only XBox users. Then, they released them to PC users, only if you bought the collectors edition of Chaos Theory. I was even told once by someone at Ubi thet they would eventually release them for all, but it looks like that will never happen. I probably won't even bother buying another Splinter Cell game until they are released. I was just pissed that XBox users got them free about a year after the original Splinter Cell was released for XBox. I've heard in one of the maps you get to take out Phillip Masse.

This comment was edited on Oct 18, 19:21.

Consoles are schwag.

3. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2005, 16:47 Sepharo

Is this the patch that updates STARFORCE ALMIGHTY COMPUTER COMMAND CENTER to it's newest PIRATE-PROOF version?

2. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2005, 15:48 Parallax Abstraction

Are these new maps then that were released in this patch?

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada
www.pxa.ca

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

1. No subject Oct 18, 2005, 15:02 Rosco

How about releasing the Kola Cell, Vselka and Vselka Infiltration instead for everyone that has bought all three games for the PC?

They were given out free to all the XBox players.

Consoles are schwag.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo