Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Strike Force Red Cell Announced

Strike Force developer Vision Studios announces development of Strike Force Red Cell, a Reality-engine multiplayer shooter slated for release in 2007:

Strike Force Red Cell will be a single player and multiplayer game where new campaigns will be based on prior victory conditions and objectives met through previous maps. Ranks and weapons will be gained online during official game play and played out through each campaign. Once a new campaign is started players will need to regain points & rank to unlock higher weapons, which in turn always has players working to regain new weapon unlocks in each campaign. Strike Force Red Cell single player is being worked on in conjunction with Red Cell Associates, a highly advanced & tactical anti terrorist team who works for the United States Government.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Awesome! Oct 17, 2005, 04:20 Hump

I remember how '1337' SF for the Tribes2 engine was going to be.

Holy christ thats going back. I remember being excited when I first read about that. The only "media" ever shown was of some sinper rifle mesh that sat on the front page for several months.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Awesome! Oct 17, 2005, 02:15 G-Man

You guys need to share some stories, looks like your stories might beat out the ones that I have about another SF (Strategy First).

19. Re: Awesome! Oct 16, 2005, 23:18 Goldeebaaaar

Wow, everytime I see the word "Strike Force" crop up on a gaming website I think "No...no way can Mike still be around...wow, yep, he's still going. Wonder how many poor souls he's got blindly following him around believing everything he says THIS time.". He just won't quit.

Funny to see a lot of people posting here that are "old time SF'ers". I am too, from way back at the start. *waves to all the other old MOD team guys* heh, you guys've probably all moved onto good paying jobs in the industry now. Something Mike will probably never achieve...

18. Re: Awesome! Oct 16, 2005, 22:58 Kris Redbeard

Ok...
Been thinking Hamlett was full of it since the original Strike-Force, always announcing big things that never eventuated. I remember how '1337' SF for the Tribes2 engine was going to be. I remember him getting in trouble for using CS replacement models as SF models.

If Hamlett was full of crap then, he'd be overflowing now. Doubt this will ever see the light of day, but for everyone working under him, I hope I'm wrong.

GROUND BRANCH
Mature Classic Tactical First Person Shooter

17. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2005, 19:41 HellSlayer

They are the real terrorists.

Your a fool! Damn right seal Team 6 Strikes fear into the hearts of many! So if you like blowing up women and children:) Be really scared!

"Sure your smart!!!Your just not letting anyone know!!?!

o0

16. Re: Awesome! Oct 16, 2005, 18:56 ThrasherX9

Been there with ya. Worked on Strike Force during the early days and it just surprises the fuck out of me everytime I see that he's still around.

15. No subject Oct 16, 2005, 18:42 Brick

Enjoyed SF 1.40 to 1.55 alot. CS was a big let down , in comparison, for me anyways. Got a kick out of the Medal system. Never more than 300 to 400 players online at a time, which was a blessing in disguise. Tight knit community. Good players who had alot of respect for their fellow gamers.

There's always been grumblings from contributors or former contributors to the mod about the way things were handled. All I can speak to directly is that when there's was a release date given--don't take it seriously. And don't expect any releases about the reasons for the delay.

But I should be grateful for hours of great online play several years ago. So thanks to Mike and all the others involved back then. It was a talented crew indeed.

14. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2005, 18:20 Hump

Well, everything is relative, just because they dont have DOD or CS-like numbers with thousands of full servers, doesnt mean they are dead,

Its not even about HL2 mod numbers....its having numbers AT ALL. UT2k4 has some of the most professional and fun mods there are but the only mods that get enough for a playable game is RO and maybe FragOps on a busy night (I don't include bots).

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2005, 17:24 BicycleRepairMan

unfortunately like every other mod using to UT2k4 as a base, no one is playing.

Well, everything is relative, just because they dont have DOD or CS-like numbers with thousands of full servers, doesnt mean they are dead, one server with some people is really all you need..and in games such as RO, there usually is one, if not, jump on an empty one and it usually fills up.. I guess the same thing applies to SF..

http://www.thebrpage.net

12. No subject Oct 16, 2005, 16:58 Hump

The most recent build of Strike Force is really tight. unfortunately like every other mod using to UT2k4 as a base, no one is playing.

hey Random Thought, never do a substantial amount of work for ANYONE without something in writing. I learned that one early on when I started working for myself.

Halsy, a little early to start imbibing, no?

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 16:59.

- Jim Goad

11. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2005, 16:36 Halsy

Cake is good... ice cream with cake is better...but no one is ever disapointed with just the cake.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

10. Re: No subject Oct 16, 2005, 15:16 Wade

Yes - Red Cell was a part of Seal Team 6 and was headed by Richard Marckinko. It's objective to was to act as a terrorist adversary to see how effective security was at US military installations.

9. Re: Awesome! Oct 16, 2005, 13:17 Sty

Yay, another title where Hamlett gets to not pay people for their contract work.

After all these years of watching that mod and his decisions, doesn't suprise me in the least. lol

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

8. Re: Awesome! Oct 16, 2005, 12:33 Paranoid Jack

"Probably from any number of multiplayer games where you had to play a little bit to advance and get something for it."

My point exactly. Been there done that... too many times. BF2 is just the latest. Anything new?

Edit: Don't get me wrong if somebody can come up with a FPS in the same league as RvS or BF2 that can add something new or improved I will be one of the first to buy it. Otherwise... forget it.

The screenshots offer some hope but good graphics is less than half of the total which makes a game good or even worth playing. Anyone know how the physics, ballistics, and basic character movement will be handled? Are they going for an arcade feel or more realism?
This comment was edited on Oct 16, 12:44.

7. No subject Oct 16, 2005, 12:03 Masa

Wasn't Red Cell more a training group than an anti terrorist team?

6. Re: Awesome! Oct 16, 2005, 11:07 Pete

"Ranks and weapons will be gained online during official game play and played out through each campaign. Once a new campaign is started players will need to regain points & rank to unlock higher weapons, which in turn always has players working to regain new weapon unlocks in each campaign."

I wonder where they got that idea from?

Probably from any number of multiplayer games where you had to play a little bit to advance and get something for it.

Doin' it Big

5. Re: Awesome! Oct 16, 2005, 10:19 Paranoid Jack

"Ranks and weapons will be gained online during official game play and played out through each campaign. Once a new campaign is started players will need to regain points & rank to unlock higher weapons, which in turn always has players working to regain new weapon unlocks in each campaign."

I wonder where they got that idea from?

4. Re: Awesome! Oct 16, 2005, 06:48 LIQUID-SEX

http://www.navysealteams.com/Marcinko.htm

Mike better pay marcinko!

3. No subject Oct 16, 2005, 04:38 space captain

so i take it thats not a good place to work?

Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: Awesome! Oct 16, 2005, 02:28 HellSlayer

You tell um man!:)Preach it!

"Sure your smart!!!Your just not letting anyone know!!?!

o0

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo