Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rag Doll Kung Fu on Steam

Valve announces that Rag Doll Kung Fu is now available via Steam:

Rag Doll Kung Fu, a wildly entertaining new game from game designer Mark Healey, is available now via Steam for just $14.95.

Featuring a wide collection of single and multiplayer games plus outlandish cut scenes inspired by classic Kung Fu cinema, Rag Doll Kung Fu provides one of the most creative and unique game experiences delivered in years.

The game is the brainchild of artist and designer Mark Healey (who moonlights as a lead artist at Lionhead Entertainment). During last year’s Game Developer Conference, Healey presented Rag Doll to industry colleagues. Immediately after this presentation, several Valve employees invited Healey to visit Valve and discuss Steam distribution of Rag Doll Kung Fu.

For more information on Rag Doll Kung Fu, please visit http://www.ragdollkungfu.com.

View
136 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

16. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2005, 04:59 Bhruic

(And, for the record, combining my legit bought version with simple cracked EXE/DLL = no steam AT ALL.)

Are they selling it in stores? I thought it was a steam only distribution. In which case, saying "no steam at all" would be somewhat incorrect.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Who is going to buy this? Oct 13, 2005, 04:41 Undead Scottsman

But it's only $15, and Valve needs to money. Plus, you get to use Steam to play it. That alone ought to be worth $15.
And Riley finally descends into the realms of outright trolling.

14. Re: Who is going to buy this? Oct 13, 2005, 04:39 Hump

But it's only $15, and Valve needs to money. Plus, you get to use Steam to play it. That alone ought to be worth $15.

you do know this isn't Valves game, right?

just think Riley, this is the start of digital downloading 3rd party content on Steam! those of us who have no problem with it will be downloading and enjoying its games while you sit with your arms folded and your anus puckering up refusing to be another "sheeple"! I so wish I were like Riley!

GG

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.anysoldier.com/index.cfm
This comment was edited on Oct 13, 04:42.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2005, 04:36 ExcessDan

just because the game is original and made independently doesn't mean that it's any good

Mayor Dan
------------
http://www.last.fm/user/danorama/

ExcessDan

12. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2005, 04:33 Riley Pizt

A completely original game by an independent developer and some people still bash it. Why am I not surprised?
People should bash or praise a game based upon the game itself not on the developer and whether it is independent or not. A developer is a business not a charity or an idol.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 04:36.

11. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2005, 04:31 Zetler

They had a chance to make a great fighting game and blew it. I would love a Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur type fighter for the PC. This game however, looks like CRAP.

10. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2005, 02:49 UnderHero5

I preordered last week, and I love it. It's a lot of fun.
I agree that people who take themselves too seriously probably won't like it.

It's fun, and that's what games should be about. And I personally thing the graphics are fantastic.

9. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2005, 02:43 sc4r4b

A completely original game by an independent developer and some people still bash it. Why am I not surprised?

I will be buying this one soon.

I don't play video games... I play murder simulators.
http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=43526450

8. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2005, 02:25 sponge

Funny, as I just like games that are fun, I can't get immersed in a world where my arms and head move as if they're attached.

7. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2005, 02:21 Fantaz

I like games that don't feel like games. Games that immerse you in this living world and put you in a state of belief. I think I'll stick to those from now on.

6. No subject Oct 13, 2005, 02:17 sponge

The game's a whole lot of fun, whenever I have a few extra minutes, I'll load up Ninja Invasion and kick some ass.

People who take themselvs/gaming too seriously will hate this game. It's a fun arcadey style game, nearly non-existant "single player" (tutorial) but it's charm is in the unlockable modes, and multiplayer. Plus, it's one game where you know you won't run into Assley Putz, so that alone is worth the $15.

There should be a demo out (judging by all the resources) sometime soon, so I would suggest just sucking it up and trying THAT at least.

(And, for the record, combining my legit bought version with simple cracked EXE/DLL = no steam AT ALL.)
This comment was edited on Oct 13, 02:20.

5. Re: Who is going to buy this? Oct 13, 2005, 02:12 John

Yeah, I need the money.

GW: Grad Mcgarth W/N Going to finish game before I start a new character me thinks

This space is available for rent

4. Re: Who is going to buy this? Oct 13, 2005, 02:11 ExcessDan

valve doesn't need the money

Mayor Dan
------------
http://www.last.fm/user/danorama/

ExcessDan

3. Re: Who is going to buy this? Oct 13, 2005, 01:55 Riley Pizt

It looks horrible.

2. Re: Who is going to buy this? Oct 13, 2005, 01:54 ELITE

It's pretty fun.

1. Who is going to buy this? Oct 13, 2005, 01:17 Old Number 7

It looks horrible.

136 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo