Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

King Kong Demo

The promised demo for Peter Jackson's King Kong is now available, offering the chance to take on one mission as Jack and the other as Kong in a sample of the upcoming monster movie remake tie-in. Here's word from Ubisoft:

We're pleased to announce that the PC demo for the King Kong demo has now been released! The King Kong PC demo contains two levels from the game, one where you play at Jack Driscol and another where you play as the mighty Kong.

Full details and download link can be found here: http://www.kingkonggame.com/demo/

King Kong will be released on all platforms this November.

Stay tuned for information on our PS2 and Xbox demos (hopefully next week)!

View
129 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

129. Re: Pfft Oct 9, 2005, 10:53 Prez

Why? 999 more posts and you'll be a Guru!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

128. Re: Pfft Oct 9, 2005, 07:18 Mindbrain

Because for every quality, worthwhile post there are 2 that aren't. This is of course excepted for a Riley vs. the World thread, but you get the idea.

There is no way the good/bad post ratio follows the hydra system. More like an average of 8.5 douche posts per minute during peak times. Add a multiplier of x3 while one of the usual suspects is online.
Now back to never posting again.

127. Re: Sound fix Oct 9, 2005, 05:52 Chompy

HOLY CRAP. Took forever to get this to run - but man does it look sweet after i finally did.

126. Re: Sound fix Oct 8, 2005, 23:28 MeatForce

Jesus...I updated my MB....I flshed my BIOS....I changed drivers to ther REALTEC drivers....nothing worked. I get a blank screen with music for about 15 or 20 seconds, then crash to desktop and get an error message that says: "Can't initialize sound card".
Sucks....guess I can't buy the game if this is going to happen....

It's really not worth the effort, |oR|jonvall

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]; Gort Grimley [W/Ne]

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

125. Re: Sound fix Oct 8, 2005, 23:27 |oR|jonvall

NOPE! That didn't fix it for me!
Jesus...I updated my MB....I flshed my BIOS....I changed drivers to ther REALTEC drivers....nothing worked. I get a blank screen with music for about 15 or 20 seconds, then crash to desktop and get an error message that says: "Can't initialize sound card".

Well I take that back...it did work for me. I got the thing to finally run...then I promptly deleted it. I will be putting this one on my no buy list....wasn't really worth the trouble IMO.

124. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2005, 19:27 Prez

I'm also aware that there are elitists like yourself who snub their noses at me and think they are better people for not swearing, but really, you just lack the nuts to really add some conviction to your posts.

Flame my ass if you must, but I don't think the 'elitists' here snub you or think they are better than you simply because you swear. But what is puzzling me, and seemingly others, is why does EVERY post you make sound beligerent, insulting, and confrontational? You seem like you are CONSTANTLY pissed off. Style is one thing, but have you ever tried having a discussion without being enraged?

Don't get me wrong - some of the stuff you post is hilarious. Why the constant anger though?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

123. Re: Sound fix Oct 8, 2005, 18:36 |oR|jonvall

a lot of sound probs (with nvidia nforce mobos with onboard sound) are fixed if you use the realtek drivers, not the ones that come with the nforce drivers. Thats if you have a realtek chip of course.

NOPE! That didn't fix it for me!

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 18:39.

122. Re: Sound fix Oct 8, 2005, 18:35 |oR|jonvall

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 18:36.

121. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2005, 16:22 random.thought

"You apparently can't grasp the basic concept of opinion"

You are not one to talk. Here you are again slagging someone? I see. If YOU don`t agree with someones oppinion, that is ok. You get to go on an expletive deletive rant. You Sir, need to practice what you preach.

Any logical dude here will notice I am not slinging insults, swearing etc. I hope you do not feel the need again to slag me like you did last time? Thx for playing. If you are gonna preach, lead by example.

You are so fucking unbelievably stupid, it's no wonder you have to say you're a better person than me because you aren't swearing -- your actual arguments are not worth a shit. If you'll read the conversation again, you'll notice that i have absolutely no problem with his opinion, what i have a problem with is his inability to recognize and respect the validity of other people's opinions.

And guess what, the usage of swearing does not make my statements any less true. I'm also aware that there are elitists like yourself who snub their noses at me and think they are better people for not swearing, but really, you just lack the nuts to really add some conviction to your posts. That's not my problem. Expletives exist for a reason, and whether you choose to use them or not, i don't give a shit.

Har har, "thx" for playing, har har. Please make some attempt at actually being funny. At least then your posts would be worth the fucking bandwidth i waste receiving them.

120. Re: No subject Oct 8, 2005, 15:04 MeatForce

I wish Gravis would come back...their problem was their card was too good and too cheap, so people couldn't believe it was so much better than the SB16. GUS forever!

NAY!

Gravis for joysticks, Aureal for soundcards.

ermm... FOR THE WIN!!

-----

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

119. No subject Oct 8, 2005, 14:26 MacD

Hmmm...mention of the Prince engine has actually gotten me to download this, after the mixed paise/criticism. It's certainly possible, this being an UBISoft title and all.

As for Starforce...do a quick google to see that 1) it's a horrible piece of software with mayor dangers if you actually use your pc for stuff (like archival or putting your 3d movies/audio on a cd) and 2)this only affects the legitimate buyers of the software, as the pirates crack or emulate starforce. When will people get it: anti-piracy only affect the legitimate users, and it raiseds the cost of the games/software we buy; you are PAYING EXTRA to be INCONVENIENCED.

As for Creative; I have a live!, which kinda works. I bought an Audigy2 ZS, and had to remove it from my system because it prevented my system from waking up from standby mode (turns out this is a widespread problem, although their helpline doesn't acknowledge it's existence)...which pretty much ruins it for me, as I use my tv-tuner card and the task scheduler as an alarm clock. I wish Gravis would come back...their problem was their card was too good and too cheap, so people couldn't believe it was so much better than the SB16. GUS forever!

118. Sound fix Oct 8, 2005, 14:22 Dev

a lot of sound probs (with nvidia nforce mobos with onboard sound) are fixed if you use the realtek drivers, not the ones that come with the nforce drivers. Thats if you have a realtek chip of course.

117. Can't initialize sound card Oct 8, 2005, 11:33 |oR|jonvall

Has anybody forund a way around this? I have that problem but am using onbord sound. It's Nividia NVmixer, I upgaraded the drivers but it still doesn't work. GRRRR!

116. what???? Oct 8, 2005, 10:22 Shataan

"You apparently can't grasp the basic concept of opinion"

You are not one to talk. Here you are again slagging someone? I see. If YOU don`t agree with someones oppinion, that is ok. You get to go on an expletive deletive rant. You Sir, need to practice what you preach.

Any logical dude here will notice I am not slinging insults, swearing etc. I hope you do not feel the need again to slag me like you did last time? Thx for playing. If you are gonna preach, lead by example.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 10:24.

115. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 23:55 MeatForce

Hmmmm... OK

Don't know how you bastages managed to get me to try this out, but lavish praise and curiosity got the better of me and I gave it a whirl..

WTF?

It's pretty and has good sound, but this is going to be a shitty game, folks.

EDIT:
I wonder if this game uses Prince of Persia engine.

DAMN! Good call -- I wouldn't be surprised to learn that at all..

-----
This comment was edited on Oct 7, 23:57.

-----

114. Spinning problem... Oct 7, 2005, 23:48 Ant

Go to Windows' Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> disable HID-Compliant Game Controller.

That stopped it for me. At least I don't have to unplug the joystick. I only use my Sidewinder joystick for flying planes in Battlefield games.

The game is pretty, but too consoleish. I wonder if this game uses Prince of Persia engine. When I had to make King Kong swing places to places, I felt like doing those Prince moves. I was worried I would jump off because I did it badly.
This comment was edited on Oct 8, 01:29.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

113. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 23:46 Tumbler

Anybody figure out what is causing the

Mouse to upper left corner= ON

Problem??

Yes, The controls are mapped to your joystick and as such if one of your axis is not in the center it responds. IE if your joysticks throttle is in the full on position you will keep turning left, if your rudder control doesn't stay center the mouse will drift to the top or bottom of the screen.

Either center up all the joystick axis' or just unplug it.

BF2 Fanboy and Valve Critic
(Valve status down graded as hating them takes too much time and energy)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

112. King Kong Demo Oct 7, 2005, 23:39 Tumbler

Wow. What a rush. This demo is incredible. For how short and simple the gameplay is it had my heart pounding and my fingers mashing down on the mouse.

I am blown away by how good this looks and feels. The blur effect when something lets off a scream is extremely effective and when you play as kong the sights and sounds really give you a sense of how much power is being thrown around.

Again, wow. This game took my completely by surprise.

BF2 Fanboy and Valve Critic
(Valve status down graded as hating them takes too much time and energy)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

111. Re: could not initialize sound card Oct 7, 2005, 22:44 Riley Pizt

Exaggerations and assumptions are not the same thing.
Whether you actually read all my posts and exaggerated the contents or whether you didn't read them all and made an assinine assumption about the contents is irrelevant regarding your resulting statement. Even if it's not hypocritical, It's still dead wrong.

110. Re: Pfft Oct 7, 2005, 22:38 Riley Pizt

This is of course excepted for a Riley vs. the World thread...
In which case you have my quality posts and an avalanche of incoherent crap from the naysayers.

129 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo