Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

King Kong Demo Tomorrow

There's a King Kong Preview on IGN with impressions of the demo for the upcoming game based on the upcoming movie remake about the eighth wonder of the world. They say the demo will be released tomorrow at 11:00 am EDT, and offer word on its contents:

The new demo features two playable levels -- a rather short but terrifying FPS mission featuring Jack, and a longer, even more terrifying mission where Kong fights not one but three separate T-Rexes. We just played through the demo (about twenty times, to be honest) and it's only made us more excited about the final game.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 09:50 Squirmer

I have no idea how this game will play, but I have some hope for it. Peter Jackson personally asked Michel Ancel to make the game because he really liked Beyond Good & Evil. It suggests the important people involved at least care about making a quality product.

And this game is bound to sell on the back of the movie. So if Ancel wants to finish the BG&E trilogy, maybe Ubisoft will be more open to the idea. 'From the creator of King Kong', with some compliments from Peter Jackson on the back of the box?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 09:33 Sty

My sons and I still play 'War of the Monsters' on the PS2. It also has the 50's drive-in movie feel. Still a blast to play.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

21. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 09:22 Elf Shot The Food

'I Was An Atomic Mutant!' was a decent 'monster mash' budget title on the PC. A lot of the 1950s cheesy 'giant monster' movie camp was captured really well.

It's rough around the edges and a bit repetitive, but if you want to smash buildings and throw tanks around, it's kind of fun.

20. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 09:15 Razerious

Where did you learn this? I would take a good look at anything by him, even though sometimes the Frenchness of his games is a turn-off, his ability to create absolutely perfect gameplay is astounding.

It has been mentioned in most of the previews

http://www.google.com/search?q=ancel+king+kong

Edit: And yeah, I want another BG&E But I'm looking forward to trying this one out
This comment was edited on Oct 7, 09:16.

19. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2005, 08:49 Sixis

" The game should be pretty good! It's made by Michael Ancel (or however it's spelt) and he knows how to make good games. Shame nobody buys them though...

/mourns Beyond Good and Evil 2"

Where did you learn this? I would take a good look at anything by him, even though sometimes the Frenchness of his games is a turn-off, his ability to create absolutely perfect gameplay is astounding.

I too mourn for BG&E2 (Can you believe they didn't realize the Nieztche reference?! That alone may have sunk a wonderful game).

On WoW - Sixis - 60 Paladin of Azure Brigade (Garona)

18. Re: What's the code... Oct 7, 2005, 08:09 Hurcules

...to unlock the hidden pr0n scenes?:D

The hot banana coffee mod?

What would Freud say Halsy...

Sometimes a cigar is just a king sized penis? ;p

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 08:12.

17. Re: should be Oct 7, 2005, 07:37 Jim

s this anything like that game Rampage where you pick a monster and destroy buildings? That would make a good game again, too bad it wouldn't be politically correct, so we'll never see it.

What's not politically correct about monsters wrecking stuff? I'm sure this would probably get an E rating as long as there is no "stomp the people" aspect to it.

Jim

16. What's the code... Oct 7, 2005, 07:34 Jim

...to unlock the hidden pr0n scenes?

Jim

15. King Kong... Oct 7, 2005, 05:26 Animals for Crackers

Do we finally get to see his king sized penis?

Read an interview somewhere w/Peter Jackson addressing that very fantas....ermmm issue. Apparently, not only does King Kong live in the jungle but so does his crotch.

14. Godzilla... Oct 7, 2005, 05:20 Animals for Crackers

Speaking of which, just out of pure stupid curiousity, did they ever release that awesome (for the time) looking 'Godzilla' game for the Sega Dreamcast ?

I have a very faint recollection of such a game...I do know however that there are two other games that went crossplatform for PS2/Xbox/GC right around when the DC died. Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee and Godzilla:Save the Earth.

Perhaps the DC version got canned due to the untimely death of the system and just moved to the newer next gen (at the time) consoles?

Edit: And then there's the godly King of Monsters for the old SNK Neogeo/arcade board...such a good game. Think I may have to go ROM hunting.
This comment was edited on Oct 7, 05:23.

13. No subject Oct 7, 2005, 05:10 Optimaximal

The game should be pretty good! It's made by Michael Ancel (or however it's spelt) and he knows how to make good games. Shame nobody buys them though...

/mourns Beyond Good and Evil 2

12. Re: w00t Oct 7, 2005, 04:32 MeatForce

What would freud say Halsy..

Mein Got! Vat brand ist dat shtogie!??!

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]; Gort Grimley [W/Ne]

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

11. Re: w00t Oct 7, 2005, 04:10 Sepharo

What would freud say Halsy...

10. Re: w00t Oct 7, 2005, 02:57 Halsy

Do we finally get to see his king sized penis?

Cake is good... ice cream with cake is better...but no one is ever disapointed with just the cake.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

9. No subject Oct 7, 2005, 01:19 Chillywack

And here I thought the 8th wonder of the world was the Astrodome... Don't believe everything you read!

8. No subject Oct 7, 2005, 00:59 space captain

hehe I had almost forgot about Rampage... punch the buildings and eat the people for bonus points and health - interesting physics in that game too, if you hit someone in the air they would stop and fall straight down, hehe

that was good arcade action

Go forth, and kill!

7. should be Oct 7, 2005, 00:53 WarPig

Is this anything like that game Rampage where you pick a monster and destroy buildings? That would make a good game again, too bad it wouldn't be politically correct, so we'll never see it.

6. Re: w00t Oct 7, 2005, 00:19 Fantaz

This looks like it's going to be Riddick quality! I'll be downloading this tomorrow.

5. Re: w00t Oct 7, 2005, 00:17 Bhruic

Well, we know only one of them is going to be good, so I'm not sure if I should root for the movie or the game.

4. Re: w00t Oct 7, 2005, 00:09 Sepharo

Overon: Commas please, I am so confused.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo